• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Updates on Dad's Situation: A Squeaky Wheel & Training Wheels!

In summary, the update on Dad's condition is that he didn't see the doctor and is not on the surgery schedule. However, his sister is with him and advocating for him while another sister has retrieved his bike and helmet. The surgery is scheduled for Friday at noon, and one sister is planning to stay overnight with him while the others take turns. Unfortunately, there were complications during the surgery and Dad is now in ICU on a ventilator due to his COPD. Prayers are being said for his recovery.
soccermama
Well, not much of an update, really.... the doctor didn't come in to see him tonight, and he isn't on the surgery schedule. Our sister that is the squeekiest wheel of all is down there with Dad, and she's the best advocate he could have there with him. She'll not stop pestering the staff until she gets an acceptable answer, and "We don't know" is NOT acceptable.....

We got Dad's bike from the EMT that found him (this guy was on his way home from work, and happened to see Dad standing on the side of the road.... we've got angels watching us, I tell ya!). And another sister has Dad's helmet. She'll be taking it to the bike shop, thanking them and letting them know it works, but we need a new one now.... and she's also getting him a set of training wheels! OMG! I can hardly type..... that just makes me laugh so hard! And I know Dad will really appreciate it and get a good laugh, too!

So, now I need to get some sleep, in case I get a call at 5 am, telling me that surgery is at 7!

G'Nite :indif: :indif:

real quick

Mom called.... surgery is scheduled for Friday, noon. Frances is planning to stay overnight again tomorrow, but I think between me and Mom, we'll get her out of there, and someone else will stay. While she's a GREAT advocate for Dad, she still needs her rest, and with her ITP, she will get exhausted and sick long before any of the rest of us girls will..... so I might be sleeping at the hospital tomorrow, since I don't have the kids this week.....

'Nite :indif:

Thanks for the update. Let us know how the surgery goes.

Celeste I hope the surgery goes well. Please let us know.

Celeste~

Thanks for the update...sounds like your family is dealing with this with some humor...makes everything better!

Your Dad is in our prayers!

I'll be praying.

Celeste-keep us posted on your dads progress. More prayers going his way!:angel:

Thanks, all!

dad is out of surgery... everything went well. no complications..... thanks for keepibg thoughts and prayers

Tell him to watch his speed going down the halls with that wheeled IV tree.

Do you speak from experience, KG?

Wouldn't surprise me if he was!

It appears I posted too soon :( I was posting using my web service on my cell (which is a major PITA, btw!)

Just before I left the hospital, they were trying to remove the breathing tube and that caused some complications. Dad is now in ICU on a ventilator. This is a complication because of his COPD....... I'm hoping for the best. I know he's in good hands.........

Prayers being said tonight Celeste!

I'm sorry to hear that.

Prayers for you & your dad & the rest of your family. Take care of yourself.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Related to Updates on Dad's Situation: A Squeaky Wheel & Training Wheels!

1. How is your dad doing?

Thank you for asking! Dad's health is steadily improving with the help of his medical team and our family's support.

2. What does "A Squeaky Wheel & Training Wheels!" mean?

The phrase "a squeaky wheel gets the grease" means that those who speak up or make their needs known are more likely to get attention and assistance. In this situation, our family is advocating for Dad's care and using the phrase "training wheels" to represent the support and guidance we are providing him as he recovers.

3. Are you still able to work while caring for your dad?

Yes, I am still able to work for Pampered Chef while also caring for my dad. I am grateful for the flexibility and understanding of my team and the company during this time.

4. How can I support you and your family during this difficult time?

Thank you for your kind offer. Your thoughts and well wishes are greatly appreciated. If you would like to do something more tangible, you can send a meal or gift card to help with expenses.

5. Is there any update on when your dad will be able to come home?

We do not have a set date for when Dad will be able to return home. The timeline for his recovery depends on his progress and the recommendations of his medical team. We will continue to keep everyone updated as we know more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies