• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock the Power of *67: How to Make Anonymous Calls in Canada

M
mistym
Ok, I have only lived in Canada for around 5 years so I never knew of this amazing feature! I have a host who I am sure is avoiding calls - well until tonight that is! tee hee.....I pressed *67 before the number and lo and behold she picked up :)

there is no hiding now folks!
m

<giggle>Be careful with it. Some people don't answer calls that come up "unavailable", which is what *67 does. But I'm glad you were able to connect with your host!

lol! I know I don't answer "unavailables" ;) Great trick though.

Doesn't it come up "anonymous caller"? I use this when calling from my cell phone (when I really don't want the person I called to have my cell #--I'm a teacher...........................)

Misty, I do the same thing to get the people who are avoiding me. most of the time they aren't avoiding me at all (at least, if they are, they're convincing as actors), but it gives me the confidence boost to make that 3rd call, if others have gone unanswered.
*67 is the best!

LOL!!! Great one! I actually don't answer those calls either.....or 1-800 numbers!! ;)

Way to go, Misty! That is great!

Hee hee - I've done that before, too. :)

I got a call yesterday that said "Private" and I thought about this thread. I decided to answer and thank goodness I did because it turned out to be a potential recruit...to tell me she will be signing at her friends party on the 19th!!!:D

Good for you Sarah......mmmmmm......makes me think that I should be answering those calls too!! Of course, if it's a survey or bill collector, I just say ... "no, they're not home right now....I'm just babysitting....." hehe

lol funny story about that one....my friends and I (in highschool) thought we pressed *67.....to call a cute boy, but instead, i pressed some combination that ended up forwarding all of my calls to his phone and his calls to mine (yes, very very odd...and embarrassing, although he never knew who i was, my mom was wondering why this odd guy was answering "my phone" though! ...we finally connected and got it all straightened out!)

lol funny story about that one....my friends and I (in highschool) thought we pressed *67.....to call a cute boy, but instead, i pressed some combination that ended up forwarding all of my calls to his phone and his calls to mine (yes, very very odd...and embarrassing, although he never knew who i was, my mom was wondering why this odd guy was answering "my phone" though! ...we finally connected and got it all straightened out!)

That is a funny story, Jennifer!! ahhhh....to be a teenager again.......no thanks!! LOL

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of this feature? So it just doesn't display your phone number on caller ID?

name or number

I don't answer, I figure if it's someone I want to talk to they will leave a message.

OH, Misty, I'm glad it worked for you!

My phone number is unlisted, so it always shows up private. In some instances, I have to *82 to have my # show up because I know alot of people who won't answer private calls.

Cool, I didn't know about this... Just tried it on DH and he didn't pick up! :)

Related to Unlock the Power of *67: How to Make Anonymous Calls in Canada

1. What is *67 and how does it work?

*67 is a feature that allows you to make anonymous calls in Canada. When you dial *67 before the phone number you wish to call, your caller ID will be blocked and the person you are calling will not be able to see your number.

2. Can *67 be used for all types of calls?

No, *67 only works for calls made within Canada. It does not work for international calls or calls made to emergency services.

3. Is there a charge for using *67?

No, there is no charge for using *67. It is a free feature provided by most phone carriers in Canada.

4. Can I use *67 to make multiple anonymous calls?

Yes, you can use *67 for multiple calls. However, keep in mind that some phone carriers may limit the number of calls you can make using *67 in a certain time period.

5. How can I tell if my number is blocked when using *67?

When using *67, your number will appear as "private" or "unknown" on the recipient's caller ID. This indicates that your number is successfully blocked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Curlyone
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef