• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Complaints on Icontact: What They Mean and How to Handle Them

In summary, the conversation revolved around a complaint received through iContact regarding a newsletter message. The person was concerned about negative feedback from a guest and was looking for more information on the complaint. They also shared an odd experience with a different guest who had strong opinions and used vulgar language. Others in the conversation offered understanding and advice not to take the negative comments to heart.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
What does it mean when you have a complaint on your newsletter message through iContact?

I can see where I can look up who unsubscribed but I don't see anymore details about a complaint. This is going to bug me. I've been sending newsletters to my customer base for a good long while (over 3 years!) & haven't ever had negative feedback.

Yesterday, I had a guest tell me that my drawing slips were rude (I use the ones that kind of have the sassy responses) & today this. Not good for this girl's self esteem. :(

I'd like to see your drawing slips.....mine are feeling a little dull lately.

Probably the same guest! Can't help you with I-Contact but sounds like the guest just has the holiday Bah-humbugs!

No, not the same guest. But I did read on iContact a bit. It seems that it was marked as Spam either by the recipient or by their e-mail program. Because of that, they were unsubscribed & I received a complaint. That bugs me because it was a guest at my 11/21 party that booked for March.

The guest yesterday was just strange. I don't really know how to describe it. She sat through my demo & wrote on my drawing slips that they were rude & not necessary. She said that she wasn't raised to talk like that to other people. One of the answers was for my newsletter - No thanks, I don't like new recipes or Sign Me Up! She said, No Thanks would have sufficed. :yuck: The whole room went quiet. I went about my demo & was fine. After the demo, she was talking to her 4 yo GD that was there. She told her to shut her face & said the $h!t word to her. I thought, Lady! You think I'm rude? Come on. Oh well, she placed a $135 order & my show closed at $1273!

That is an odd person...very opinionated. I would have had a hard time not commenting on the fact that using vulgarity with a 4 year old is BEYOND RUDE!

I had the same complaint. I only have email addresses from guests at shows/booths & they all knew when they put it on the slip that I would email them a newsletter. People are strange.

crystalscookingnow said:
No, not the same guest. But I did read on iContact a bit. It seems that it was marked as Spam either by the recipient or by their e-mail program. Because of that, they were unsubscribed & I received a complaint. That bugs me because it was a guest at my 11/21 party that booked for March.

The guest yesterday was just strange. I don't really know how to describe it. She sat through my demo & wrote on my drawing slips that they were rude & not necessary. She said that she wasn't raised to talk like that to other people. One of the answers was for my newsletter - No thanks, I don't like new recipes or Sign Me Up! She said, No Thanks would have sufficed. :yuck: The whole room went quiet. I went about my demo & was fine. After the demo, she was talking to her 4 yo GD that was there. She told her to shut her face & said the $h!t word to her. I thought, Lady! You think I'm rude? Come on. Oh well, she placed a $135 order & my show closed at $1273!

Some people just don't have a sense of humor. I know it may be difficult, but don't let it get to you. I figure if someone needs to write comments like that instead of saying them directly to you, that his/her maturity level isn't where it should be, so I don't put much stock in his/her commentary.

crystalscookingnow said:

I've had this happen to me a few times with icontact as well. What is funny is that the person will then contact me with orders and such. I do NOT add them back on though. I do not ask either.

As for the guest, she sounds like a real prize. She has bigger issues than your DPDS.:rolleyes:

I have a different problem with iContact. I sent out my Dec newsletter last night and now today I cannot send out any emails or reply to any emails. This was my 3rd newsletter sent from iContact and the first time I've had any problems. Has anyone else experienced that?

On the topic of the lady commenting about the drawing slips, it's hard not let things get to you, b/c I am the type of person that takes things too personally, but that is definitely a 'bless and release'!!

Fellow Cheffers
Please do not take the complaints personally, firstly it could be the spam checker, let your guests know that they need to add you as a safe email or they will not receive your emails. Your guests may not recognise the newsletter as coming from you. This is a direct quote from icontact
"Every email client has some method for flagging incoming emails as possible spam or junk mail. In most clients, this method is a 'This is SPAM' button, or a 'Report SPAM' link. When one of your contacts clicks one of these buttons or links in their email client, we are sent a message saying that a complaint has been registered and we add a complaint to that specific email's statistics in the 'Track' tab.
Also, when a contact complains, we immediately unsubscribe the contact, so that they will not get any more emails to complain about.
For privacy purposes, we do not allow our clients to see the email addresses of those that complained. They are listed only as unsubscribed in their respective contact lists"
Lorna

Lorna, do you own iContact?

Heavens no! lol
I had the same questions as everyone here so I contacted them and got a great email back from their support answering all my questions. I am new to icontact this month, but so far the response from my customers has been very positive.
Lorna

Oh, you used the word "we" as if you were the company.

DebbieJ said:
Oh, you used the word "we" as if you were the company.

She noted that it was a quote...otherwise, I would have read it the same way!

Oops, that's what I get for skimming. :)

DebbieJ said:
Oops, that's what I get for skimming. :)

I am SOOOOO guilty of that often too! I sympathize Deb!!!! :blushing:

Sometimes it's easy to figure out who made the complaint. You have to watch the stats after you send out a message. If you have one unsubsribe and one complaint then they were done by the same person. If you had zero complaints and one unsubscribe and then received one of each you would still know who had done it as long as you had been keeping an eye on the stats.

One thing I would like to do is run some report telling me who hasn't opened anything in the last 12 months. I have about 50 email addresses left before I have to upgrade to the next level and I know there are many who don't open much. You can browse contacts and look at their contact history but that can take a long time!!

Tara

crystalscookingnow said:

So, this lady actually told you this IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!! Now, THAT'S rude! And to talk like that to a 4 YO, I have to agree with Janet...that is BEYOND RUDE!! :grumpy:

Bless and release! :angel:

It could have been accidental, too. Sometimes I'll select a group of emails and call them SPAM only to realize later that one or two of them weren't. I wouldn't take it personally. You've got lots of other customers to deal with rather than worrying about that one.

-Lisa

PS If anyone wants to try out iContact, please use this link Email Marketing & Surveying Software - iContact I'll get a little something from iContact if you do.

Hey Crystal,

Fist of all - congrats on a good show (change your best show # to 1273).

Second - you are on ~ show #140. With an average of 10 guests @ 140 shows = 1400 people.... One person says you are rude? The other 1399 must have been pleased with you ;). With her displayed behavior... let it go.

As far as IContact... drop them a line. They are great at getting back with you and talking you through anything....

Keep up the fun spirit of your business...

~ G

And if she did say that in front of the rest of the guests and then behaved as she did to her GD, the other guests aren't stupid. She only made herself look bad, not you. As your sales obviously proved anyway! :)

1. How do I file a complaint on Icontact?

To file a complaint on Icontact, you can either contact their customer service directly or use their online complaint form. If using the online form, be sure to provide as much detail as possible about the issue you are experiencing.

2. What can I expect after filing a complaint on Icontact?

After filing a complaint on Icontact, you can expect a response from their customer service team within a few business days. They will work to resolve the issue and keep you updated on their progress.

3. Is there a specific time frame for resolving complaints on Icontact?

Icontact aims to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible, but the time frame can vary depending on the nature of the issue. In general, you can expect a resolution within 5-7 business days.

4. Can I track the progress of my complaint on Icontact?

Yes, you can track the progress of your complaint by contacting their customer service team or by using the online complaint form. They will provide updates and let you know when the issue has been resolved.

5. What should I do if my complaint on Icontact is not resolved to my satisfaction?

If your complaint on Icontact is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can escalate the issue to a supervisor or manager. You can also reach out to their corporate office for further assistance. They are committed to ensuring customer satisfaction and will work to find a resolution for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
lovecookn
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie