• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Wordpress: How I Accidentally Crashed My Website

In summary, Joy is experiencing technical difficulties with her WordPress site after attempting to update it. She is working to restore the database and rebuild the layout and design. She is also grateful for the help and support of her friends.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
As I logged in to post an update about having the flyers available tomorrow - I saw a notice about upgrading to a new version of Wordpress (which is what my new site runs on).

So I followed the directions and updated... and now all I get is a blank screen....

GRRRRRR

I do have the database backed up but it might take me awhile to figure out how to restore it. Any Wordpress geeks out there?

oh - i thought us cheffers killed the server by all logging in hoping to see the new fliers :p

OH NO JOY!! That really blows. I don't know ANYTHING about that. Sorry and hope you get it resolved soon. I was just about to check your site out to see if it was posted yet!

I'm fiddling with it but if I can't get it figured out quickly, I'll just post a plain HTML page with some links to tide everyone over.

I should have known better... it took me FOREVER to get the first version going as I blew the database... I might have to wipe it and start over.

Mine appears to be live and well.oops, I thought you were talking about the pws.Never mind

pampermejolene said:
Mine appears to be live and well.

oops, I thought you were talking about the pws.

Never mind

Jolene, not her pampered chef website but her tasty tidbits site!!:p

Oh no, Joy!! (((HUGS))) and good luck getting it up and running again! My DH has been creating a website for the past 6 months, so I know how much work goes into them - hang in there!!

LOL - I always joke that I know *just enough* to be dangerous.... a danger to myself! And yet I know not enough to fix anything that goes wrong...

Okay, I fixed most of it. Although I restored the database, I need to rebuild some of the layout and design structure. I have no idea what happened to my header logo -- it's not quite the same.... but at least I don't have to start from scratch!

and I even managed to recreate one of my flyers instead of waiting till I get home tomorrow!

Joy!

You are supposed to be enjoying your parent's house - not fretting online

:D

Hahaha... are you kidding? I am totally relaxing... no housework, no cooking, no kids to watch...

Okay, well somewhat relaxed... except for the site rebuilding...

OK, you can go to bed now, Joy! ((HUGS)) and thanks for all of your hard work!! :)

Joy - one quick note - I saw your "going going gone" flyer, and noticed that you have the new Season's Best picture on there for the one that's being retired. Just thought you might want to correct that. :)

Thank you Joy! You rock!!

I see you're doing the Fall Flash again this year. Thank you!:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome!

Related to Troubleshooting Wordpress: How I Accidentally Crashed My Website

1. What caused your website to crash?

The crash was caused by a combination of factors, including a theme conflict and a plugin update. These issues led to errors in the code and ultimately resulted in the website crashing.

2. How did you fix the crash?

After identifying the root cause of the crash, we were able to fix it by deactivating the conflicting theme and reverting to a previous version of the plugin. We also made updates to the website's code to ensure that these issues would not occur again in the future.

3. Can you prevent a website crash from happening?

While it's not always possible to prevent a website crash, there are some steps you can take to minimize the risk. This includes regularly updating your themes and plugins, using a reliable hosting provider, and having a backup plan in case of emergencies.

4. How long did it take to get your website back up and running?

The process of troubleshooting and fixing the crash took a few hours. However, it's important to note that the time it takes to get a website back up and running after a crash can vary depending on the severity of the issue and the availability of resources.

5. What should I do if my website crashes?

If your website crashes, the first thing you should do is stay calm and assess the situation. Identify any recent changes or updates that may have caused the crash and try to undo them if possible. If you're unable to fix the issue on your own, reach out to a web developer or your hosting provider for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies