• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Newsletter Design: Losing White Background - Need Help

TEXT? The background should be behind the text, not within the text. Maybe you're using something other than the default bgcolor? I have never seen that before. I used the default bgcolor and it still doesn't work. I also tried adding border=1 width=610 to the <body> but that didn't work either.
otisbg
Gold Member
HI
i know that there are alot of computer savvy peeps on here so I am calling out to you. I am trying to prepare Joy's TT for AUgust - version A- booking up close and when I transfer it to i-Contact and edit the top hosts etc....I lose the white background behind the text and it all turns to the blue pattern that is on the sides (borders). It is very hard to read the entire newsletter while scrolling with this patterned background behind everything. I cannot figure out how to send this page to Joy as an email attachment. I feel I am rambling, but I have been working on this since Sunday evening and am getting very frustrated. Does anyone have a solution?:yuck:

OK, go into the portion of iContact where you edit the newsletter, and switch to the HTML tab. Toward the top of the HTML code you should see this:

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=1 width=610
bgColor=#ffffff bordercolor="#000080">

The "bgColor=#ffffff" determines the background color of the box in which the text is contained. If it's missing, or says something else, you'll loset he white. Make sure that is there.

If that doesn't provide a solution, try going into the iContact tab in TT and clicking the "Download as HTML" option, instead of the "Add to iContact" option. Then copy the HTML from TT and manually paste it into iContact. I copied & pasted the HTML into MailChimp and it worked just fine, so I know at least there the code is correct.

Hopefully that helps. If it doesn't, as far as getting information to Joy for her to look at, I would suggest copying the HTML code out of iContact and pasting it into a Notepad (.txt) file, and taking a screen print of what the newsletter looks like. You can also send a test email to yourself which you can then forward to Joy.

You are wonderful!
I am going to try the options you gave me.
I love, love, love ChefSuccess!!

be back in a few

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grumpy:

I tried both methods and it is still happening.
Doesnt happen with version B. I was able to send it to Joy so I know she can help.

There was an error in the HTML code and I had to add the border = 1 width and I would save it, but then I would go and look again and it was back to the old way. Poop!!

I am not sure why that code would not work within iContact. The HTML is valid :( Version B is a different style so that's why the same thing isn't happening there.

You could delete the blue background by removing this line:
<BODY background="http://www.tastytidbits.net/images/bluedotbgtile.jpg" style="background-attachment: fixed">

And that would eliminate the transparency issue with the main table, but I'm not sure why that would be transparent to begin with. It is coded to fill white.

This is what I copied from the problematic area

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Your Pampered Chef Newsletter</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=unicode">
</head>
<body style="background-attachment: fixed;" background="http://www.tastytidbits.net/images/bluedotbgtile.jpg" jquery1280236689976="44" jquery1280190001829="26" jquery1280228118601="37" jquery1280240739308="26">
<div align="center">
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="610" bordercolor="#000080" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="1">
<tbody>

I'm not sure what that "jquery" stuff is in there. That's not part of my original coding. Maybe something iContact "converts" when they import it into their editor...?

How about you delete that whole line <body style = "...>

Does that work?

:sing:
It worked -it worked -it worked!!
I am dancing around my office at work.....not doing what I should be getting paid to do, but doing PC newsletters instead!
Thanks so very much to you both!! I love this site!:love:

Oh I'm glad it worked for you.

Just curious... does the background not work well for you? I thought it was kinda plain without... I've done it both ways but I don't get any feedback for either with or without backgrounds, so I should probably do a survey to see if I should keep doing them or ditch them...

The patterned blue background worked fine as a border, but when you are trying to read different color fonts and look at pictures, it is very distracting and almost causes eye strain. Mind you, though, that I have "old" eyes but on the other hand, many of my clients have eyes, even older than mine.
This is the first time that I have ever noticed the conflict. Honestly if you used colored, patterend backgrounds before , maybe they were softer & more muted.
Keep up the good work - I know I am not alone when I say this.:cool:

It sounds to me like the table that the newsletter is within, which should have a solid white background, came out transparent instead, causing the entire background to show behind the text, instead of a white box on top of the background.

That's not how it's supposed to look. You should only see the background as a border to the newsletter.

That is exactly what it did!! Much better description than "losing white background". What caused it to become transparent I wonder.

1. How do I remove the white background from my product images?

To remove the white background from your product images, you can use photo editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP. Simply use the magic wand or lasso tool to select the white background and delete it. You can also use the eraser tool to manually remove the background.

2. Will removing the white background affect the quality of my product images?

No, as long as you use high-quality editing software and techniques, removing the white background should not affect the quality of your product images. Just be sure to save your images in the appropriate file format to maintain their quality.

3. Can I use a transparent background instead of a white background?

Yes, using a transparent background can give your product images a more professional and polished look. You can achieve this by saving your images in a file format that supports transparency, such as PNG or GIF.

4. Do I need any special equipment or skills to remove the white background?

No, you do not need any special equipment or skills to remove the white background from your product images. As long as you have access to photo editing software and some basic knowledge of how to use it, you can easily remove the background yourself.

5. Can I hire someone to remove the white background for me?

Yes, if you are not comfortable or do not have the time to remove the white background yourself, you can hire a professional photo editor to do it for you. Many freelance photographers and graphic designers offer this service at affordable rates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
Back