• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toThose With High Show Totals...

In summary, some people are able to get great shows by raising money or having abnormally large crowds. Others are lucky and get great shows from following the advice given by their host.
Becky0216
How did you get such great shows? Were they from fundraisers? Abnormally large crowds? Or are you in areas that there are rich people???:) Some of you are over a grand and I just wonder how it happened.. and what I should do differently to get there.

At my highest show...$2200...I had one guest purchase about $1600 in product! She had just sold her house and it was her "funny" money! She basically gave me a catalog with everything she wanted circled. Sher had told me she wanted a lot of stuff but I was thinking more along the lines of $300! LOL!! Needless to say, the host( one of my BFF's) was thrilled as it was her first show of any kind ever!

Oh and the guest wasn't interested in hosting.....go figure! LOL!!

And I got a personal note from Jo Price for that show as it was one of the top 20 shows for the month!

wow Erin I wish I could be so lucky. Thats awesome.

erinyourpclady said:
At my highest show...$2200...I had one guest purchase about $1600 in product! She had just sold her house and it was her "funny" money! She basically gave me a catalog with everything she wanted circled. Sher had told me she wanted a lot of stuff but I was thinking more along the lines of $300! LOL!! Needless to say, the host( one of my BFF's) was thrilled as it was her first show of any kind ever!

Oh and the guest wasn't interested in hosting.....go figure! LOL!!

That's the show guest we all dream of having! "Oh - just give me one of everything, please." :D

High show totals are a result of good attendance and outside orders, which come through good host coaching. Just focus on the basics and it will come.

DebbieJ said:
High show totals are a result of good attendance and outside orders, which come through good host coaching. Just focus on the basics and it will come.

I "lucked" out but everything that Deb said is right on!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's the show guest we all dream of having! "Oh - just give me one of everything, please." :D

I seriously was SHOCKED! Before that I had a guest that purchased a set of cookware at full price and that was AMAZING to me!

Generally speaking though...those orders are few and far. Following the advice that Deb gave leads to more consistent higher show averages....

I just had my 4th $1,000 show (3 of those were in a row!), and I will say my biggest thing is host coaching. Also, I use little "carrots" to make sure my hosts do what we talk about. For example, they get something I have pre-assigned for having $200 in outside orders before I start the show, something for having 10 outside orders, and something for having 15 people at the party. They are really inexpensive items, and usually if they do those I have high enough shows to make more than enough to cover it without hurting my pay. I include a little flier I made myself on a word processor with pictures of what I offer and include that in the host packet. My next show is on Friday and she already has $400 in outside orders because she wanted to get all of the free stuff I offer. It helps!!!!! Good luck!

I think you need to post that document!
sounds good!

I agree - please post the letter!

Tanoi- sounds like you have a great system going for you. I would love to have large shows all the time. I think maybe i am bad at host coaching. I still have to get out of the nervous phase.. I feel like i am bothering the hosts or am talking to them as if they don't know how to invite people

When you call them, tell them how well they're doing. For example, "You've earned $90 in free product value, you're only $26.25 until you reach the next level which is $100...etc" I haven't had a $1000 show yet, but I've just started doing this when I host coached, and my shows have significantly increased. The hosts see how far away the goal is and look at other possible orders and they go for it.

My show from this weekend was a $1,105 show. I about wet my pants when one of the guests walked up to hand me a $600+ order! SHe will have some outside orders coming in too... I am hoping it will hit $1200 then I will have 50 PC Dollars just from this one show! :)

Tanoi, I like your idea of the gifts with challenges. I might start doing that.

Sorry this is long!
Becky0216 said:
How did you get such great shows? just like everything...it is an average. For every good show, there usually is a bad one. Were they from fundraisers? not at all Abnormally large crowds? when a host REALLY digs in and fills out a good guest list...yes! Or are you in areas that there are rich people???:) I find it a rare instance that a rich person spends the most. It is mainly people that have come to love our products and sometimes those people who just don't want to have a party, but want good quality productsSome of you are over a grand and I just wonder how it happened.. and what I should do differently to get there.

This is what has worked for me:
1.The host receives either a call or a reminder post card of their upcoming party. (Very soon I will be contacting May hosts).

2.When I get a confirmation of their party I send out a guest list (search the files section for guest lists and you will find many forms of a guest list, including the one I use) for them to fill out and return. It has a place to put up to 60 names, addresses, phone number and e-mail addresses.

3. The host is asked to return the list to me no later than 3 weeks before their party. (I have found that this almost eliminates cancellations...emergencies do happen, of course)

4. If they give me 30 names, I will give them $10 towards free products when they close their party. (their show has to be $500 or more also to earn this)
If they give me 40 names...they recieve $15 and if they give me 50 or more, they will receive $20. Note that with a $500 party, they have the 25% discount. So if they earned $10 in products, it is only $7.50 out of my pocket...and then I earn my commission on top of that...so minus no less than 20%...which brings my total out of pocket expense...$6.00 or less!!

5. I do send out the invitations for my hosts. I send out only postcards and on an extremely rare occassion will I send out full sheet invitations.

6. I then offer to do a reminder call to the guests. I use post calls and that helps increase show attendance.

I can just about guarantee that a host will have a $1,000 party when they give me 40 to 50 names. To help take the "I'm bothering the host" feeling away realize that you are providing a service. It is your job to make sure that the host and her guests have a fun time and that your host gets as much free product as she can. If your host seems hesitant to ask people if they want to order before the party closes, simply tell her that by asking them, she is only reminding them. She can say..."I was just getting ready to close my party and wondered if there was anything you wanted to order." I reassure the host that the worst their guest could say is no and no one would be offended or pressured.

My host for Saturday did not do a reminder call and it was obvious that she wasn't going to. She didn't supply me with any phone numbers but I had about 11 of her 20 guests' numbers. She was just going to "see who showed up". The turn out wasn't great, however, the reminder call let 2 of her guests know that the party was Saturday (and they thought is was Sunday).

I am sure that she will not call her remaining guests to see if they wanted to order anything...because she doesn't want to "bother" them.

Remember...you are not being a pest if you are following the training that PC provides. It's just coaching...not pestering or stalking. Once you realize this, it will be easier for you and you will have better shows...and happier hosts that want to re-book.

This is what works for me and has made a significant difference in my business. There are several other ways to help get your show averages up. That is what I LOVE:love: about PC...we share, take what we want and leave the rest! Good luck!

tipsAfter December last year - I COMPLETELY simplified my biz. It works for me - but may not work for others. Here is what I did:

1. Simplified what I handed out at a Show - a catalogue and an order form

2. Simplified my Host Packages - I give extra catalogues, order forms, a Host letter, 50 in 5, Steps to a $1000 Show, and How to Use my Website. I will give the invitations IF the Hosts says she will use them. If she is interested, the I print out a sheet of labels with her info on it. (that way SHE doesn't have to do the work of writing them out and can decide HOW MANY she wants).

3. Simplifed my Host Coaching - I tell her to get between 12-15 orders total (which is generally a $1000 Show), to get bookings for the future benefits

4. Do the Interactive Show (or atleast SOME form of an interactive Show).

5. Get Guest Testimonials on the products THEY like

6. I talk about HOW the products can HELP the guests (save time, less time cleaning, no turning over food on Stoneware, easy storage, etc.)

7. Use my Website to increase the number of outside orders

Since I started to follow these steps - my lowest show was $700 and the rest have been over $1000. :)

WOO HOO..Jenna that is impressive!!!
Unfortunately, for me, when I give in and give the host invitations...they don't have a good party. I don't send them a host packet until they return their list to me. (and I do enclose a SAE).

Those are great ideas. I will try and use some of them. Right now I am only usung friends and family who are only doing the show to help me, so maybe thats why I feel like i am pestering them. Cause they really are not that into having the shows.

referalsI have found (and been encouraged to) that a referral system is important. THERE ARE people out there who WANT to have a Show - you just have to find them. If you have a great referral system (that awards people) - you will get good shows.

A few examples that I can think of:
Refer a Host - get a $XX gift certificate
Refer someone who joins my Team - get a $XX gift certificate

OR

Refer a friend to get FREE products of YOUR choice

I had one lady refer 3 people to me! I don't even KNOW the lady!

Here are the fliers I use. I made the "$200 in orders before the show starts" as a seperate one, and here's why I kept it that way. I tell the hosts that I found out that people who were doing that were having the most amazing shows and so it's something new I just started and it brings there attention to it. I just picked up $500 in outside orders from my host whose party isn't until Friday, so it seems to be true. That flier is also made where it has two per page to save paper. Just fill in the personal info, and feel free to change it how you want it. I change the products every now and then to keep it fresh. I also put on top about it only qualifies for shows that are held on their original date so that people are less likely to move their show. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Gifts for hosts template.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 365
  • NEW FREE GIFT FOR HOSTS template.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 381
Becky0216 said:
Those are great ideas. I will try and use some of them. Right now I am only usung friends and family who are only doing the show to help me, so maybe thats why I feel like i am pestering them. Cause they really are not that into having the shows.

Ask them to let you "practice" on them and then do the host coaching as prescribed. The host coaching teleclass is FANTASTIC.

Also, make sure they invite people you DON'T know so that you can get bookings outside of your circle.

Tanoi said:
Here are the fliers I use. I made the "$200 in orders before the show starts" as a seperate one, and here's why I kept it that way. I tell the hosts that I found out that people who were doing that were having the most amazing shows and so it's something new I just started and it brings there attention to it. I just picked up $500 in outside orders from my host whose party isn't until Friday, so it seems to be true. That flier is also made where it has two per page to save paper. Just fill in the personal info, and feel free to change it how you want it. I change the products every now and then to keep it fresh. I also put on top about it only qualifies for shows that are held on their original date so that people are less likely to move their show. Hope this helps!

Thanks for posting those. I just might give them a whirl at my Fundraiser this weekend.

Related to toThose With High Show Totals...

1. How do I reach a high show total as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To reach a high show total as a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to focus on booking as many shows as possible. This can be done by reaching out to friends, family, and acquaintances, as well as hosting online parties and participating in vendor events. It is also important to have a strong social media presence and utilize marketing materials provided by the company.

2. What are some tips for increasing sales at my Pampered Chef shows?

Some tips for increasing sales at Pampered Chef shows include offering incentives for guests who make purchases, showcasing new and popular products, and providing interactive and engaging demonstrations. It is also helpful to have a well-stocked inventory and offer flexible payment options for guests.

3. How can I effectively manage my time to maximize my show totals?

To effectively manage time and maximize show totals, it is important to have a schedule and stick to it. This includes setting aside time for booking shows, preparing for shows, and following up with customers. Utilizing tools such as the Pampered Chef app and party planning worksheets can also help with time management.

4. Are there any specific products that are known to be top sellers at Pampered Chef shows?

Yes, there are several products that are known to be top sellers at Pampered Chef shows. These include the Deep Covered Baker, the Garlic Press, the Quick Cooker, and the Rockcrok. It is also helpful to offer a variety of products at different price points to appeal to a wider range of customers.

5. Can I earn rewards or bonuses for achieving high show totals as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of rewards and bonuses for consultants who achieve high show totals. These can include free products, discounts on future purchases, and even all-expenses-paid trips. The company also has a career plan in place with opportunities for advancement and increased earnings based on performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • cati123