• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Tomato Bruschetta Recipe from the It's Good for You Cookbook

In summary, Lisa shared that she made this recipe and it was really good. Ginger also recommended it and said it was really good.
TinasKitchen
Does anyone have this recipe thats in the Its Good for You cookbook? or possibly your own?

Thanks!!

Too funny - I am out of town and one of my new recruits just emailed me asking for the same recipe - when I saw your post I was all excited...guess now we'll both have to wait til someone replies - LOL

Fresh Tomato & Basil Bruschetta

Prep time 15 minutes Bake time 10-12 minutes

1 loaf Savory Canape French Bread ( recipe follows )
3 large ripe tomatoes, seeded & diced ( about 1 pound )
1/2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped ( about 1/2 cup )
1/4 cup sniped fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. preheat oven to 350`F. Arrange bread slices on flat baking stone. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

2. In small batter bowl, combine tomatoes,zucchini,basil,garlic,vinegar,oil,salt & pepper; mix gently. Using medium scoop,scoop tomato mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Yield 24 appetizers

Savory Canape French Bread

Prep & Bake time 50-60 minutes Cool time 1 hour

2 tablespoons (1/2 oz) grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1 package (11oz) refrigerated French bread dough

1. Preheat oven to 350`F. Lightly spray inside of Scalloped Bread Tube& lids with non stick cooking spray; place lid on bottom of bread tube. Combine Parmesan cheese & seasoning mix;sprinkle evenly over bread dough. Fill tube with dough. Place lid on top. Bake, upright,50-60 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube; cool completely. Cut bread into 1/4-inch-thick slices.

Yield:24 slices(1 loaf)

Thanks for posting these!

For those of you who have not had this yet, I just made it for the first time on Tuesday and it was really good! Also, it is quick and easy.

Lisa

Thank you Ginger!! your da bomb! lol (as we say in NY lol)

TinasKitchen said:
Thank you Ginger!! your da bomb! lol (as we say in NY lol)

LOL...DA BOMB...IN DA BRONX!!!
Gooooooooooooooo Yankees!!!!:D

Thank You!!!

What ingredients do I need for the tomato bruschetta recipe?

The ingredients for the tomato bruschetta recipe include fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, salt, pepper, and a baguette or other crusty bread.

Do I have to use fresh tomatoes for this recipe?

While fresh tomatoes are preferred for the best flavor, you can also use canned tomatoes or diced tomatoes in a pinch.

How do I make the tomato bruschetta topping?

To make the topping, dice the tomatoes and combine them with minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and let it sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.

Can I make the bruschetta ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the tomato bruschetta ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to a day. Just make sure to bring it back to room temperature before serving.

What is the best way to serve the tomato bruschetta?

The best way to serve tomato bruschetta is to toast slices of baguette or crusty bread, top them with the tomato mixture, and serve immediately. You can also add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top for extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • ChefPeg