• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips on a Lot of Kids Being at a Show

In summary, it is advised that if there are going to be a lot of kids at a show, that some type of activity or distraction be put in place for them to keep them occupied. This can include things like play-doh, coloring pages, or a small contest.
lilscrapmama
This weekend, there will be A LOT of kids at my show...so far almost as many as the adults! Anyway does anyone do a little something extra or different to make sure they are occupied or something? Oh and the show was not a parent/child show, its just working out that a lot of guests will need to bring their children with them. Im new to this, so any tips will be great! :)

Depending on how old the kids are I have found that including them in the show has worked out great for me. Kids like to use our products too! I had one Hostess' daughter help me and she was awesome. It helped to demo how easy our products are to use. She was about 12. I think younger kids could use our chopper, help measure stuff etc. Just make sure they wash their hands first! You could ask the kids what kind of cook their mom is, that could actually get pretty funny. You know kids, they say the craziest things.
Maybe you could take crayons and coloring pages and do a coloring contest. Offer a small prize. Maybe give each child a fruit roll up for participating and then a grand prize for the winner. You could set this up in an area separate from the demo, but where the moms could still see them. Or do you have a daughter, niece or someone that might go with you to entertain them during the show? Or you might suggest to your Hostess that she have someone there to help with that. Good Luck!!

How about a table set up with play-doh? They can use all the products that can go in the dishwasher (roller, cookie cutters, my safe cutter etc) and do their own show. Have plates for them to "demo" their food creations. Good Luck

Several months ago, a host was planning on a bunch of kids being there. So, we decided they could make the mini fruit pizzas from the kids cookbook. She made the sugar cookies ahead of time; then the kids would spread on the cream cheese or frosting & ESP to cut bananas to put on top.
Or, they could use the decorator bottles to decorate cookies or cupcakes.

A home office sales manager recommended printing coloring pages of chef's hats or other cooking related pages. Bring crayons, have the kids sit on the floor right by you and make it a coloring contest. Award a prize (a simple trinket from the dollar store is fine) at the end.

I love this site! You are all so helpful, THANKS!

One thing I did was have the host get a tarp and spread it on the floor of the kitchen (moving the table out of the way). We made the pancake in the bar pan before everyone came and lifted it out of the pan on the parchment paper. Then I put the parchment on the tarp (a new, clean one) and gave them the creative cutters with sprinkles and something sticky - I can't remember if it was frosting or syurp. Anyhoo, one of the parents stood in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room where I was doing my demo. She sort of watched the kids as they went to town on the pancake! They were having a lot of fun, but were not underfoot during the demo. Some even came in when their moms were making their orders and asked for stuff they had used!

Whenever there have been kids at my shows, the hostess usually tries have them occupied and in a different area of the house. I really appreciate when they do this because I'm always nervous that they would touch a hot pan or sharp tool. I do have 2 small children of my own and I do love children...I just don't love them to be a part of my demo. There have been several times that friends have told me to bring my kids with me when I do a show, but I always thank them and decline the offer telling them that this is my time away from my kids. But they are welcome to have their own there.

I have never had a show ( at my house) that someone didnt have to bring their kids. I always send them to my kids rooms and they watch a movie or play video games. Never had a problem. Now as for me being the consultant, I've only done 1 show with kids and they belonged to the hostess and they stayed down stairs during the show. Don't you wish everyone was that respectful of your time, space and products

pcleah said:
How about a table set up with play-doh? They can use all the products that can go in the dishwasher (roller, cookie cutters, my safe cutter etc) and do their own show. Have plates for them to "demo" their food creations. Good Luck

That is such a smart idea. Very good! I love it!!! Thank you!!

leah, you're a genius! Thanks for the idea, now I know what to do if I run into someones monsters (ummm lovely offspring) ehhehe

Related to Tips on a Lot of Kids Being at a Show

1. How do I keep the kids entertained during the show?

One option is to set up a separate area with activities such as coloring books, puzzles, or small toys for the kids to play with while the adults watch the demonstration. You can also involve the kids in the show by giving them tasks to help with, like passing out samples or ingredients.

2. What if the kids are picky eaters?

You can try offering a variety of different foods during the show, such as fruits and vegetables, to cater to different tastes. You can also get the kids involved by asking them to help choose which recipes to make or giving them a chance to taste and rate the dishes.

3. How can I make sure the kids are safe in the kitchen?

It's important to supervise the kids at all times and make sure they are following proper kitchen safety rules. You can also involve them in the cooking process in a safe way, such as having them help mix ingredients or stir a pot under your guidance.

4. What if the kids are too young to participate in the cooking?

Even young children can still be involved in the show by helping with simple tasks like setting the table or passing out utensils. You can also have them assist with measuring ingredients or decorating dishes if they are old enough.

5. Will there be any kid-friendly recipes demonstrated at the show?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to have a variety of recipes suitable for all ages and tastes. You can also ask the consultant beforehand if there will be any specific recipes that may be of interest to the kids attending the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Aynot
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • fatchef