• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Overcoming Nerves at Your First Pampered Chef Show

In summary, the key to alleviating nerves before a Pampered Chef show is preparation. This includes practicing the show and familiarizing yourself with the products. During the show, taking deep breaths and focusing on engaging with guests can help calm nerves. To boost confidence, having a positive mindset and wearing a confident outfit can be beneficial. If a mistake is made during the show, acknowledging it and moving on can help. To prepare for future shows, staying organized and seeking support from other consultants can help alleviate nerves.
Chef Ritz
Hi my name is Sara and just signed up a couple weeks ago. I have been reading everyones logs and just have one question. How do you get over be nervous when you get up to do the show?

Picture the audience in Chef Success thongs! :)

Oh wait, that would be another thread here...

...or does a thong have a few more "threads"...

Sorry, I'm gettng silly tonight...I'll post a serious answer for you in a second...

My best personal advice is to practice your recipe well so you can do it without "thinking" about it too much or having to focus fully on it. That will leave you more relaxed to answer questions, etc. as they come.

Don't expect people to have their sole focus on you. Greet them when they come, get them chatting about family, friends, food...ask them what their favorite kitchen tool is...get them talking about the stuff...they'll do the work for you!

Practice. Practice. Practice.Practice out loud. Get so used to what you want to say that you could do it half asleep with the flu. This way you'll be able to go on "auto pilot" if necessary.Honestly, I've been in front of audiences in various ways since I was 12 years old. I still get a little flutter in my tummy before a show. I think a little bit of nerves helps keep me sharp.

More: Involve them in your show...let them try the garlic press or chopper...ask for a volunteer, if no one volunteers, pick someone to try it...

Smile and enjoy - you'll do fine!

Oh no...here Rae and I go again tonight. :)

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the family! We're a little disfunctional, but you've probably already noticed that.

I'm telling you, Janet, you should be really frightened that you've begun to think like me.

Maybe you're thinking like me???? :)

Well, I got to run - work just called - 3rd level of our pick module is down and I have to go do some repairs - good night all!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Maybe you're thinking like me???? :)

Ooh, that could be a good thing. Are you considered fairly normal? Maybe I'm getting better.

Naaaah!

Welcome Sara! Be cautious......this place is addicting......once you try it you'll be hooked!! But seriously, it's normal to be nervous, and honestly your guests probably will not even notice. They want to have fun just as much as you do......so laugh at yourself if you mess up, and just enjoy yourself! It's too much fun not too!:p :p

Good luck in your new business!

Welcome Sara. I'd pick one of the recipes that came with your kit, practice that and the "script" that comes with it, modifying so it feels like you. Then don't worry about being nervous, let people know at your shows that you are new, and just be yourself.

There are so many good resources and people on this virtual cluster.

1. How can I alleviate nerves before my first Pampered Chef show?

The key to overcoming nerves is preparation. Make sure you have practiced your show and familiarized yourself with the products beforehand. Also, try to relax and remember that your guests are there to have a good time and learn about the products, not judge your performance.

2. What can I do to calm my nerves during the show?

Take deep breaths and remind yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products you are presenting. Engage with your guests and focus on their reactions and feedback, rather than your own nerves.

3. How can I boost my confidence at the show?

One way to boost confidence is to have a positive mindset. Visualize a successful and enjoyable show before it even starts. You can also wear an outfit that makes you feel good and confident, which can have a positive impact on your overall demeanor.

4. What should I do if I make a mistake during the show?

Remember that mistakes are natural and can happen to anyone. Don't dwell on it and try to make light of the situation if possible. Your guests will appreciate your honesty and authenticity.

5. How can I prepare for potential nerves at future shows?

Stay organized and continue to practice and familiarize yourself with the products. As you gain more experience, you will become more comfortable and confident during your shows. Additionally, seeking support and advice from other Pampered Chef consultants can also be helpful in overcoming nerves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSBell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
  • sara
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DPThurston