• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theSimpsons Opening - in Live Action!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the live action opening of The Simpsons, which was created by a British TV station and subsequently aired on Fox. The participants also discussed the upcoming Simpsons movie, which is animated and set to be released in the summer. One person expressed their love for the show and their extensive knowledge of quotes and references, while others shared their opinions on the show's current season and humor. There was also a mention of a parrot who can say "D'oh" and "Woo-hoo."
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The Simpsons opening in live action footage.

I like this one!

Oh, KG, you really do have too much time on your hands, you need to get another hobby, LMAO! That was cute, but I REALLY need to get to bed, lol.

Hey, there's about 9 other television show threads, so why not for this one?It's well done, too.

When Homer looks like McDreamy he can have his own thread here...

gilliandanielle said:
When Homer looks like McDreamy he can have his own thread here...
Homer & McDreamy have somthing in common.

I'm not interested in either one of them.

Is there going to be a movie of the Simpsons?

jdavis said:
Oh, KG, you really do have too much time on your hands, you need to get another hobby, LMAO! That was cute, but I REALLY need to get to bed, lol.
chefkristin said:
Is there going to be a movie of the Simpsons?
The people who made this are the ones with too much time on their hands.

I doubt that the Simpsons will ever be live action, but then, we thought that about The Flintstones.

Did you notice that "Marge" is driving on the "wrong" side of the road? The steering wheel is on the righthand side. Made in England?

Has to have been made in England...Maggie is in the front seat, which not only doesn't match the cartoon opening but is all but a federal crime here.

That opening was made by a British TV station. It went viral on the net and was subsequently aired by Fox as an opening in the fall of 2006 (just once).

Yes, there is a Simpson's movie coming out, but it is animated, not live action. It opens this summer. There was a hilarious trailer for it aired with the Halloween special this fall. It commented on all the computer-animated family movies and mentioned that this isn't one of them.

And people talk about ME having too much time on my hands!Between the two of us, we must know just about all of the useeless informaton around.

chefann said:
That opening was made by a British TV station. It went viral on the net and was subsequently aired by Fox as an opening in the fall of 2006 (just once).

Yes, there is a Simpson's movie coming out, but it is animated, not live action. It opens this summer. There was a hilarious trailer for it aired with the Halloween special this fall. It commented on all the computer-animated family movies and mentioned that this isn't one of them.

OK, Ann, WHY do you know all this?

I remember seeing it on Yahoo news a few months ago.

I love the Simpsons, but it seems like the movie is about 10 years too late. I have all the DVDs of the seasons that have so far been released, and it seemed like it was so much better then than now.

The episodes so far this seasons have a lot of non sequitur humor... like Family Guy. I like that show well enough, but I'd like the Simpsons back!

Last edited:
PamperedChefDebi said:
OK, Ann, WHY do you know all this?
I know it because DH and I are HUGE Simpson's fans. We will have entire conversations that are nothing but quotes from the show. We're working (slightly) on a game concept that uses quotable lines from the show.

All it usually takes to get us going is a word that is referenced in a good quote. One of us will say the quote, then the other will come up with one that's somehow related (that word again, another main word from quote 1 in quote 2, same character, same episode, similar situation, etc). I do it without thinking when I'm out with other friends and they look at me like I'm crazy. We even have shorthand for a good, but long, one:
Lisa Simpson said:
Five bucks! Where'd you get five bucks? I want five bucks!
Is "Five bucks, blah blah, five bucks!" in our shorthand.

Our parrot says "D'oh!" When you ask her "who says D'oh?" she responds with "Homer." Then when you ask her "What else does Homer say" she replies "Woo-hoo!"

The Kitchen Guy said:
Maggie is in the front seat, which not only doesn't match the cartoon opening but is all but a federal crime here.
It's because of the difficulties of the camera angles so you can see that Marge and Maggie are synchronized.

Related to theSimpsons Opening - in Live Action!

1. Can you explain the concept behind "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!"?

The concept behind "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!" is to recreate the iconic opening sequence of the animated TV show "The Simpsons" using real-life actors and props, instead of animation. It was created as a promotional video for the show's 500th episode.

2. Who are the actors featured in "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!"?

The actors featured in "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!" include Elizabeth Banks as Marge, Maggie Simpson, Chris Hardwick as Bart, Hank Azaria as Moe, Yeardley Smith as Lisa, and Joe Mantegna as Fat Tony. The creator of the show, Matt Groening, also makes a cameo appearance as himself.

3. How long did it take to film "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!"?

It took three days to film "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!" The production was directed by Morgan Spurlock and involved a large crew, as well as the participation of the actors and many extras.

4. Were the original creators of "The Simpsons" involved in making "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!"?

Yes, the original creators of "The Simpsons," Matt Groening and James L. Brooks, were involved in making "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!" They were consulted during the production process and gave their approval to the final product.

5. Is "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!" considered canon in the show's timeline?

No, "the Simpsons Opening - in Live Action!" is not considered canon in the show's timeline. It was created as a special promotional video and does not affect the continuity of the show's storylines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
KateD
Replies
Views
3RingChef