• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Basement Remodeling: Is the Price Too High?

In summary, some top trends in basement remodeling include creating multi-functional spaces, incorporating natural light, using sustainable materials, and incorporating smart home technology. To make the most out of a small basement space, consider using built-in storage solutions, utilizing vertical space, and choosing versatile furniture. For cost-effective flooring options, vinyl, laminate, and carpet tiles are great choices. When creating a cohesive design for your basement, stick to a color scheme, incorporate similar textures and patterns, and consider the overall style of your home. While DIY is an option, hiring a professional for your basement remodel can ensure the project is completed safely and up to code.
cewcooks
I need some advise from anyone who has had their basement done. We have had 1 estimate by owings corning and they wanted 25,000+ then we had a local guy come and give us an estimate that was 20,000 basically we are paying like 60.00+ for sq footage and 15,000 for labor. I think this is ridiculous we live in a townhouse and the basement is roughly 330 sq ft to be completed.

If you have had your basement finished please post what was done and approx estimates I just feel that the prices we are being given is way High!!!

yikes.... I did my own...

cewcooks said:
basement remoldling part 2

Is the remolding a result of a flood? :confused:

No, we have had a lot of rain, but we are lucky to have our whole basement above ground. I think 20,000 is way too high for such a small space..oh, I think I meant that we are planning to have our basement finished, not remolding( not sure of spelling)

I think you missed KG's tongue-in-cheek remark - you spelled remodeling "remolding", sounding like your basement is moldy (ick!). ;)

22wink.gif

I'll say it again....find an out of work carpenter who needs a side job. Around here there are TONS of them. Pay them cash and your cost will be cut in half.

yes, I did figure I misspelled remoldeling, we do not have any mold. We are trying to finish the basement so our son can have his "own pad" in a sense. Deb would a carpender handle all the local permits and stuff to finish a basement?

1. What are the top trends in basement remodeling?

Some popular trends in basement remodeling include creating multi-functional spaces, incorporating natural light, using sustainable materials, and incorporating smart home technology.

2. How can I make the most out of a small basement space?

There are several ways to maximize a small basement space, such as using built-in storage solutions, utilizing vertical space with shelves and wall-mounted storage, and choosing furniture that can serve multiple purposes.

3. What are some cost-effective options for basement flooring?

Some cost-effective flooring options for basements include vinyl, laminate, and carpet tiles. These options are durable, easy to install, and can be found at various price points.

4. How do I create a cohesive design for my basement?

To create a cohesive design for your basement, start by choosing a color scheme and sticking to it throughout the space. Incorporate similar textures and patterns to tie the design together. Also, consider the overall style of your home and use elements from it in your basement design.

5. Should I hire a professional for my basement remodel?

While some may choose to DIY their basement remodel, it is often beneficial to hire a professional. They have the expertise and experience to handle any challenges that may arise and can help bring your vision to life. Plus, they can ensure the remodel is up to code and completed safely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Back