• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Your Phone Act as Your Cash Register in Direct Sales?

In summary, Deb Bixler discusses the importance of using the phone as a cash register in direct sales. She challenges readers to make the phone their friend and suggests using positive affirmations and conveying excitement through the phone to make the cash register ring. She also recommends standing up and using a mirror and headset to sound more excited. While some may question the appropriateness of her posts since she is a former consultant, her advice is still valuable for those in the direct sales industry.
Deb Bixler
Gold Member
The Phone is the Cash Register!
By Deb Bixler

Every business has a cash register and direct sales is not exception. When the cash register at the mini-market rings, money and cash is flowing. How do you make your cash register ring? The cash register in direct selling is the phone. It is a scary day in any home business when the whole day passes and the phone does not ring. In order to make money in direct sales, just like at the mini-market, you need to make the cash register ring. In our case the more the phone rings going in or going out, the more cash flow your business will have. It is really as simple as that.

Most people use the phone all the time, yet something happens to them after they start their home based business, they become afraid of the phone. You have got to make the cash register ring. I challenge you all to think of a way to make the phone your friend! A little positive affirmation might help. When you say things like I hate to use the phone or I am not a phone person, then your words are creating your action for the future. Try scripting out some one liners that will help you to be make the cash register ring! Such as I love to talk on the phone. The phone is my cash register. Or when I use the phone I make more money. Say your positive affirmations daily at least 100 times. That may sound like a lot, but really it isn’t. We think over a million words a day, so make sure you are putting good words into your head.

Very few people are as excited about your services or business as you are, so you have to convey your excitement through the phone. Even when you think you are sounding really excited, it does not come through the phone. Your everyday voice may be good enough for everyday, but when making the cash register ring you will want to step it up a bit. Always stand up and raise your tone a bit so you sound more excited. Use a mirror, a head set and wave your arms around, move around and be excited so that your customer knows you are excited.

Using the cash register is not enough alone, you must transfer your excitement for your product, or services or yourself through the phone to that person on the other end who has all those other distractions going on around them.

Incorporate some positive phone self-affirmations into your life and practice your excitement when using the phone to make the cash register ring in your home business.

This is great if it isn't spam...

ETA: Deb Bixler is a legitimate consultant, speaker and trainer. I just wanted to post that for the record. I didn't want to delete or edit my post to the point that the other posts in this thread wouldn't make any sense. Hey, when I'm worng, I'm wrong!

Last edited:
hey Anne.......maybe we should take this to the lounge:rolleyes:

I posted this in the other thread, too.. I don't have anything against her... just that I've never seen any of the other speakers post on these threads.

AJPratt said:
I have mixed feelings... While she is posting great info... she isn't really responding to anyone. I could see if she posted something answering a questions, volunteering her expertise and then got business but all she is doing is posting this stuff with the links in her sig. I don't know... I'll leave it up to the powers that be.

I'm familiar with her as a former Pampered Chef consultant/director. If she is no longer doing that - and is now a professional speaker for direct sales in general, I think its inappropriate that she's putting these messages out here.
(just my opinion....not trying to be negative)

I think she's a consultant; I think I remember seeing her onstage last year at conference....good advise anyway!

Anne posted some info from her site in another thread. She's listed as a FORMER consultant.

melindag said:
I'm familiar with her as a former Pampered Chef consultant/director. If she is no longer doing that - and is now a professional speaker for direct sales in general, I think its inappropriate that she's putting these messages out here.

That's exactly my point... check out her other posts and you'll see my other points on that.

Originally Posted by melindag
AJPratt said:
That's exactly my point... check out her other posts and you'll see my other points on that.
There is a no self promotion rule here on CS and she is violating it if this is to get us to use her services.

There are a couple of people on the site who do newsletters for $$ but they are consultants who also post great information and help and they do not solicit business. I think this is different. Yes, the info on these posts is very good but it sure looks like it's just to generate business.

That being said, let's not hang her without giving her a chance! It all could be innocent and she might just want to share! She doesn't SAY buy my service.

BethCooks4U said:
There is a no self promotion rule here on CS and she is violating it if this is to get us to use her services.

There are a couple of people on the site who do newsletters for $$ but they are consultants who also post great information and help and they do not solicit business. I think this is different. Yes, the info on these posts is very good but it sure looks like it's just to generate business.
Yes, yes, yes! I have to say, if I posted and saw all these responses, I would say something back.

She does still have a PC website up, but I'm not sure when she last changed it.

I also think it is weird that she signed up on CS at the end of October of last year and waited until now to post - and posted just stuff like this.

KATE!!!!! How are ya?!

Doing good...just about to promote my first Director and looking for another one by conference!You? How's the coffee shop?

I'm a little miffed that every time I get a new star, they change! I swear, a few posts after I got the gold star it changed to a stripper. Then I made the pink one and now it's back to gold! :D

cmdtrgd said:
I'm a little miffed that every time I get a new star, they change! I swear, a few posts after I got the gold star it changed to a stripper. Then I made the pink one and now it's back to gold! :D
That's a whole nother thread!

cmdtrgd said:
OMG! You have to post that in the other thread about stars! There was a whole discussion about it.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=18285

I just noticed Deb's post on here and thought I would chime in. I had the pleasure of taking a course with Deb at a Leadership Summit and really enjoyed her training. Great ideas! I don't subscribe to her other sites, but I do take full advantage of the information that I've picked up from her.

Well, it started out one way, and then people got offended, and then people were offended that people were offended and then it was hijacked.

Ahhh...I just didn't want to have to read through all the posts, so I didn't. That was the thread that was the "offend everyone" thread?

What is "thePhone Is Your Cash Register"?

"thePhone Is Your Cash Register" is a mobile app developed by Pampered Chef specifically for independent consultants. It allows consultants to easily process payments and manage orders directly from their smartphones.

Do I need any special equipment to use the app?

No, the app works on any smartphone with internet access. You do not need any additional equipment to use it, such as a card reader or scanner.

How do I download the app?

The app is available for free on both the App Store and Google Play Store. Simply search for "thePhone Is Your Cash Register" and download it onto your device.

Can I use the app for all of my Pampered Chef sales?

Yes, the app can be used for all Pampered Chef sales, whether they are in-person or online orders. It also allows you to process payments in multiple currencies.

Is this app secure for processing payments?

Yes, the app uses industry standard security measures to protect your customers' payment information. It is also compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
forever their mom
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • elizabethfox