• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theKid Has Been Pt'd for Months Now...

In summary, the conversation mainly revolved around potty training and the frustrations of accidents, especially when out in public. Many moms shared their own experiences and tips, such as using cookies with fiber to help with constipation and bedwetting being a common issue for some kids. There was also a side conversation about big life changes possibly affecting potty training progress. Overall, the conversation was filled with humor and understanding among fellow moms.
DebbieJ
....so why oh why did he have to piss in his pants FOUR TIMES today?!?!?!!?

Off to go do laundry! Oh joy!

LOL, because moms never have enough laundry to do?

LMAO!!! Oh gee...I'm only in week 2 and I've about had it with the oops factor!! They said "he'll only do it a few tomes and then he wont like it so he'll stop..." Who's F'n kid they talking about??!! Sure isnt mine, he could CARE LESS if he's wet or not!! Ugh....

Ummmmm...cuz he thought you looked bored and he didn't want you to feel useless adn un-needed so he created laundry for you? What a sweet thoughtful little guy! LOL

Oh my son was pottied trained for an entire year and has had quite a few "mistakes" lately. It's very frustrating to get used to never taking extra clothes and neeeding them every time you go anywhere. (Sunday, he was standing on top of the heating vent and peed. Warm urine smell, yum....)

This is not encouraging for a Mom who just started potty training last week. Although, I have done my fair share of the laundry. Still waiting for her to master number 2. Crossing my fingers for that one to happen soon.

Not to change the subject, but currently when our daughter is down for the night she is in a diaper or a pull up until she can control she bladder better. How long does that usually take?

Also, should I be waking her up to go to the bathroom before I go to bed at night? There so many rules to follow!:confused: :)

He's still in a diaper at night. I'm not worried about that part. Just stay dry during the day!!!!

At least all his accidents happened at home today.

Debbie has anything big happened in your life lately? sometimes when you have a big change they go back a little bit

Ok so I have to share my most recent potty training story. My son is 3 1/2 and just now is PT'ed but #2 was really hard for him to even try to do in the potty. So he just held it... and held it... and held it. Then when he did try to go it didn't feel so good. One day it hurt so bad it made him throw up! So I called the Dr and they suggested that I make him some cookies with some Fibersure or something in them. So that night I whipped up a batch of cookies. Well, being the very skilled cook that I am I added one tablespoon instead of one teaspoon for each cookie! I didn't notice until my DH had eaten 4! I chose not to say anything untill the next night. My son has since mastered the potty. Needless to say we are a REGULAR family!

So Shana, did your husband ever forgive you for making those cookies?

LOL Shana that is funny!

Deb - I completely understand where you are coming from. Caleb will have a few accidents once in a while. I hope things get back to "normal" soon. :D Good Luck!

I know
SillyChef said:
LOL Shana that is funny!

Deb - I completely understand where you are coming from. Caleb will have a few accidents once in a while. I hope things get back to "normal" soon. :D Good Luck!

this is not a funny subject, especially since I don't have kids, but i"m LMAO

by the way, sometimes kids are bedwetter's too. IT may happen well into the teens :( More often in boys than girls but our family was both and the girls did it the longest :( So embarrassing going to a friend's overnight, back then they ddin't have night time/pull up's or even depends!!!! I was on medicatiion for mine but my brother's/sister's eventually outgrew it, and my Father didn't understand it was a medical condition and really gave me a rough time then. Now he does understand and it's not a huge deal.

Good Luck.

ps: My Dr. had me take 2 teaspoons of honey before bedtime, didn't help and for the longest time I couldn't stand eating honey!!!!

Shana, That is too funny!!!

I'm sorry Deb! My daughter is 2 1/2 and she's potty trained but will have an occasional accident. I understand how frustrating it can get! Just be happy that it did happen at home!;) My daughter also wears a pull up to bed every night until I feel comfortable with her NOT wearing one!!:cool:

Jennie4PC said:
Debbie has anything big happened in your life lately? sometimes when you have a big change they go back a little bit
You took the words out of my mouth. It is very common for kids to back-track when there is a big change. Like a new daycare or a new sibling, divorce, etc... I have a friend who has a son in high school and he has has a medical condition. Something to do with that part of his body not maturing as quickly as the rest of him.

You could just have a child like mine!! He has been potty trained since August and still has accidents. It all because he doesn't want to stop playing.

I did not potty train my first two children because they were in daycare. Now with my third I am a stay-at-home Mom. Potty training was not hard, nor was it easy. My emotions with it really fluctuated.

Sometimes she did so great and I thought we were about done, and then she just started using the pull-up again.

She is 3 1/2 and a couple of weeks ago, everything just totally clicked with her. She is totally out of pull-ups, even at night. I think her body was just not ready for it until this point.

My son was potty trained very young, but had little accidents until he was either in first or second grade. I think his bladder was just not mature enough until then.

If you are new to potty training, just hang in there. When they are ready, you will know it.

Lisa

Whatever you do, do not punish them. It can not be helped.
Our son will be 17 next week we still have night time problems. He is a very smart, athletic teen. He has a steady girlfriend, no trauma or bad things in his life. We have had problems at night since he was 3, you learn to live with it. He takes meds nightly for it and we have seen numerous uroligists. (sp)
They are not doing it to make more work for you, and they need reassurance that you are not angry.
I am starting to worry about him moving off to college and into a marriage.

cajunchelle said:
You could just have a child like mine!! He has been potty trained since August and still has accidents. It all because he doesn't want to stop playing.

I think that's exactly it. He gets so involved in what he's doing that he doesn't make it to the bathroom on time. Every single accident yesterday occurred in the bathroom with him standing in front of the toilet. He had waited too long that he just couldn't get his pants down fast enough.

I feel for you girlfriend. My son has been potty trained since he was 2.5 (he's 3.5 now) and he wakes up this morning with wet sheets. Not too long ago I see him scratching his bottom and he pooped his pants? What was that all about? Oh well... the joys of potty training I guess..

Funny - why is this more common with BOYS! :) Most of us seem to be having the issues/accidents with boys - me included. For my daughter, it "clicked" and she was done...for my son, it is a CONSTANT battle. Mainly having to "remind" him to go. If you do, he's fine, if you don't he is too busy to stop and go until its trickling down his legs... <Sigh> ...what we do as mothers...

What does "pt'd" mean?

"Pt'd" is short for "pantry to dish", which refers to the process of taking food directly from the pantry or cupboard and using it in a dish without any additional preparation.

How do I know if my child is ready to be pt'd?

Children are typically ready to be pt'd when they can sit up without support, have good head and neck control, and show an interest in solid foods. It's important to consult with your child's pediatrician before starting the pt'd process.

What are the benefits of pt'd for my child?

Pt'd is a great way to introduce your child to a variety of flavors and textures, which can help expand their palate and promote healthy eating habits. It also allows them to practice self-feeding and develop fine motor skills.

How can I make the transition to pt'd easier for my child?

Some tips for making the transition to pt'd easier include offering a variety of healthy options, allowing your child to explore and play with their food, and being patient and encouraging. It's also important to start slow and gradually increase the amount of solid foods in your child's diet.

Are there any safety concerns with pt'd?

Yes, there are some safety concerns to keep in mind when pt'd your child. Make sure to always supervise your child during meals, avoid foods that are choking hazards, and introduce new foods one at a time to watch for any potential allergies or sensitivities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies