1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Terriyaki Glazed Meatballs

1. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

I have a question on the ingredients for the Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs from the Weeday Dinners Done recipe cards...

It calls for a terriyaki baste & glaze, & I'm assuming that's something different than terriyaki sauce, right?

The only thing I could find in our local grocery store (pretty small) was terriyaki sauce & marinade...so I used that. It was still good, but didn't have the "glaze" on the meatballs like in the picture...& there was a lot of juice on the bottom of the DCB still.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated!!!;)

Nov 21, 2009
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I had the same exact problem, except I was trying to make the Chili-Lime Meatball in the new app cookbook (which also calls for the baste & glaze).

A few weeks later, going through some old Season's Best's I found Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice from the SB S/S 2005 and here is part of the recipe - it calls for 3/4 cup teriyaki baste and glaze. Not sure how much is needed for the meatballs, so I assume you could just adjust the measurements to come out to the qty needed.

Cook's Tip: To substitute the teriyaki baste and glaze, combine 1/2 cup thin teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened.

Edit: I had gone to about 4-5 stores and finally found some. It wasn't until after hunting and hunting that I found the Cook's Tip, so I didn't actually try the substitution.

Nov 21, 2009
  3. Kathy's_Kitchen

Kathy's_Kitchen Advanced Member Gold Member

At my grocery store, the Teriyaki baste and glaze is in the ethnic food section, not with the marinades and sauces. Otherwise, the substitution sounds like it would work good.

4. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

thanks so much!!! I'm going to check a grocery store in the next town which is much larger...I'm hoping that they'll have the baste & glaze...otherwise I will definitely try the substitute next time.

Thanks again :) :)

Nov 21, 2009
  5. Curlyone

Curlyone Member Gold Member

The Chili-Lime Meatballs are really good! :chef:And I found the items in the ethnic food section of our local Kroger Store. Big hit at my last show! Not to mention it was over $1000!!!!:sing:

Nov 21, 2009
Have something to add?