• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Difference Between Teriyaki Sauce and Teriyaki Glaze?

In summary, the Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs from the Weeday Dinners Done recipe cards call for a terriyaki baste & glaze, and the substitution for this ingredient is to combine 1/2 cup thin teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small saucepan.
Mel92504
Gold Member
I have a question on the ingredients for the Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs from the Weeday Dinners Done recipe cards...

It calls for a terriyaki baste & glaze, & I'm assuming that's something different than terriyaki sauce, right?

The only thing I could find in our local grocery store (pretty small) was terriyaki sauce & marinade...so I used that. It was still good, but didn't have the "glaze" on the meatballs like in the picture...& there was a lot of juice on the bottom of the DCB still.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated!!!;)

I had the same exact problem, except I was trying to make the Chili-Lime Meatball in the new app cookbook (which also calls for the baste & glaze).

A few weeks later, going through some old Season's Best's I found Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice from the SB S/S 2005 and here is part of the recipe - it calls for 3/4 cup teriyaki baste and glaze. Not sure how much is needed for the meatballs, so I assume you could just adjust the measurements to come out to the qty needed.

Cook's Tip: To substitute the teriyaki baste and glaze, combine 1/2 cup thin teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened.

Edit: I had gone to about 4-5 stores and finally found some. It wasn't until after hunting and hunting that I found the Cook's Tip, so I didn't actually try the substitution.

At my grocery store, the Teriyaki baste and glaze is in the ethnic food section, not with the marinades and sauces. Otherwise, the substitution sounds like it would work good.

thanks so much!!! I'm going to check a grocery store in the next town which is much larger...I'm hoping that they'll have the baste & glaze...otherwise I will definitely try the substitute next time.Thanks again :) :)

The Chili-Lime Meatballs are really good! :chef:And I found the items in the ethnic food section of our local Kroger Store. Big hit at my last show! Not to mention it was over $1000!!!!:sing:

1. What ingredients are used in the Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs?

The Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs recipe from Pampered Chef typically uses ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and green onions.

2. Can I use a substitute for ground beef in this recipe?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, ground chicken, or a vegetarian substitute like tofu or tempeh in place of ground beef in the Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs recipe.

3. How do I make the teriyaki glaze for the meatballs?

To make the teriyaki glaze, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Then, pour the glaze over the cooked meatballs and toss to coat.

4. Can I make these meatballs ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the meatballs ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just be sure to reheat them thoroughly before adding the teriyaki glaze.

5. How can I serve these Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs?

These meatballs can be served as an appetizer on toothpicks or as a main dish over rice or noodles. You can also add them to a stir-fry or serve them as a topping for a salad. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Zacksmommie