1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Team Recruit

1. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Recently, I have had two women approach me about becoming a consultant with their dh who is a chef. They envision the husband cooking and them doing all the paperwork and organization. Any thoughts on how to sell this idea? Does it work? How do you recruit a person (husband) who you aren't even talking to because it's just her talking? Thanks for any tips.

Mar 17, 2009
  2. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

I have a husband and wife team on my team. I don't quite understand what you are asking about "selling them on the idea". Does the husband want to team up and to the biz together? If so, then sign them (we'll, you would sign one of the two and they'd work as a team under 1 consultant name). They'll then market themselves as a team :)

Mar 17, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I would schedule an interview to meet with them together. I know several husband/wife teams where one does the actual demo, and the other works behind the scenes. It can work well, but I wouldn't sign a couple without meeting with them together.

Mar 17, 2009
  4. gaddischef

gaddischef Member Gold Member

I know a couple who did this -- the one who actually does demo has to sign up to be the actual consultant due to insurance, etc....might check into that...

Mar 17, 2009
  5. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

DH and I originally started this biz together, hence the name, pamperedpals. :) It is now just me, because we lost our babysitter and I love it. He helped during the demo's and talked about the items he liked. I kinda miss doing this together with him. Yet, I enjoy my me time. ;)

Mar 17, 2009
  6. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Yes, I need to meet the dh. In one instance, it is the wife's idea and I think her dh is resistant so meeting has not been possible. The other is hosting a show in a few weeks so I'll meet him.

Interesting to think that the name should be who does the demo. Since the wife has approached me (both times wearing PC Logo in public place) I think the wife will be the main person - especially if only one can go. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mar 18, 2009
  7. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

the person who is doing the demo mainly needs to be the one on the contract. My director and I discussed this because my husband is involved. We discuss for a second us both signing, but didn't want two sets of tools and if one got the trip the other couldn't go unless they got the trip also.
    My husban has not yet gone to a party with me, so many things going on, but in the near future he probably will be.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?