1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tax write offs

1. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

i know tax season is about over and all but i am thinking of next year already. i just bought a new computer and i know that can be written off. but i am thinking of getting a new desk because right now my computer sits on an old coffe table and its killing my back!! will i be able to use that as a write off? i would say about 75-80% of my time on my computer is used for business purposes. i wasnt sure about that one since its not 100% used for business. thanks!!

2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Yes

You will be able to write off the desk. I believe that you will only be able to write off the 80% you use it for business. But still a great write off! :D

Feb 20, 2006
  3. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

thanks for letting me know. i was pretty sure i could but wanted to double check it. my husband is really gung-ho about my business right now and getting me all kinds of new stuff to help out. i think he is just trying to cheer me up and motivate me , i havent had many shows since sept. i had about 12 cancel on me between oct. and jan. i have 1 bridal show, two possible bridal shows, and one possible kitchen show from a repeat host that has had about 3 shows for me already in less than a years time. he also knows how bad i want those pans!!!! anyways i am done rambling now...sorry!!

Have something to add?