• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Mileage Rates: Is pp3 Accurate?

In summary, the current tax mileage rate for 2021 is 56 cents per mile for business use, 16 cents per mile for medical or moving purposes, and 14 cents per mile for charity work. The pp3 method, also known as the standard mileage rate, is accurate for calculating tax mileage rates as it is determined by the IRS and based on average vehicle costs and inflation. However, the tax mileage rate cannot be used for personal use of a vehicle. There are exceptions to using the standard mileage rate for tax purposes, such as if a depreciation deduction has already been claimed or if the vehicle is used for rural mail delivery. To use the tax mileage rate, a detailed record of mileage must be kept for tax purposes.
ChefJoyJ
What's mileage going for on taxes these days? I wasn't sure if PP3 was accurate at 48 cents/mile.

Re: mileageI believe that my office at my f/t job reimburses you $0.45 a mile, so I'd say P3 is pretty accurate based on that- I know they review it every so often based on fuel costs, etc.

Re: mileageYou can see the current rate at irs.gov. For 2009, it's 55¢ per mile. That's one thing that P3 doesn't update automatically. You need to go into the edit expense categories area and update it.

Re: mileageThanks Ann! I'll go in and update it today! :)

Re: mileagePersonally, I don't worry about what P3 says is the mileage rate. When doing the taxes we just enter the mileage and the tax program determines the rate anyway.

Re: mileagewhat other items do turn in for your taxes...this will be my first "real" year of doing taxes for PC.

Re: mileageThis is also my first year keeping better records for taxes...here's what I've come up with:

groceries (for practicing recipes, shows, etc...anything PC related), postage, mileage, supply orders, sample orders, any consultant gifts...well, I'm sure there is a ton more, but since I started back in Aug., that's what I've started keeping track of.

I'd welcome more ideas!

Re: mileageinternet, cell phone, telephone

Re: mileageOffice supplies; Logos apparel; Bank fees on your special business acct. (when a check bounces for example); Conference fees and travel to same.

Related to Tax Mileage Rates: Is pp3 Accurate?

What is the current tax mileage rate for 2021?

The current tax mileage rate for 2021 is 56 cents per mile for business use, 16 cents per mile for medical or moving purposes, and 14 cents per mile for charity work.

Is the pp3 method accurate for calculating tax mileage rates?

The pp3 method, also known as the standard mileage rate, is accurate for calculating tax mileage rates as it is determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and is based on average vehicle costs and inflation.

Can I use the tax mileage rate for personal use of my vehicle?

No, the tax mileage rate is only applicable for business, medical, moving, and charity purposes. Any personal use of your vehicle cannot be deducted using the tax mileage rate.

Are there any exceptions to using the standard mileage rate for tax purposes?

Yes, there are certain situations where the standard mileage rate cannot be used, such as if you have already claimed a depreciation deduction for the vehicle, or if you are a rural mail carrier using your vehicle for mail delivery.

Do I need to keep track of my mileage to use the tax mileage rate?

Yes, in order to use the tax mileage rate, you must keep a detailed record of your mileage, including the date, destination, purpose, and number of miles driven. This information will be required for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • lterman
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies