• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

T-Mobile's New Commercial: Totally Awkward!

In summary, T-Mobile has released a new commercial featuring a father talking to his family about their new cell phone plan. However, his son interrupts him to mention adding a lady from his soccer game. The commercial then shifts to the daughter talking about a boy with a mustache. Many find the commercial strange and nonsensical, questioning the decision of the writers and expressing annoyance with other commercials as well.
raebates
Staff member
T-Mobile has a new commercial. The dad comes in talking to his family about the great new cell phone plan. In the midst of what he's saying his son says something along the lines of, "You can add that lady at my soccer game you always stare at." There's not even a pause. There is no reaction at all. They go right to the daughter talking about a boy with a mustache.

There's something just wrong about the whole thing.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/confused0083.gif

No, it's not just you. Some commercials are beyond explanation.

everytime i hear that i wonder why the writers of the commercial didnt either a) follow through more on that or b) leave it out all together. the way it is now just doesnt make sense.

Rae...I think it's dumb, too. The entire commercial is stupid, actually!

Sometimes I wonder what they were thinking with some of the commercials that they come up with!

Thats why I love DVR! Fast forward is the best invention ever! Some commercials are so annoying! I don't like that T-Mobile commercial but I do like the ATT one where the whole family is talking in text, even the grandma!
My biggest annoyance is the Sonic commericials. Its a fast food place if you are not familiar with it. If you've never seen them its always 2 people sitting in a car making up stupid thing so say referring to the Sonic food and nothing they ever say is meaningful or intelligent.

TammyStar said:
Thats why I love DVR! Fast forward is the best invention ever! Some commercials are so annoying! I don't like that T-Mobile commercial but I do like the ATT one where the whole family is talking in text, even the grandma!
My biggest annoyance is the Sonic commericials. Its a fast food place if you are not familiar with it. If you've never seen them its always 2 people sitting in a car making up stupid thing so say referring to the Sonic food and nothing they ever say is meaningful or intelligent.

I had to laugh at this...most of what is on TV falls under that category!! lol

(BTW- I agree with you on the Sonic commercials, though!!)

Every time we see the Sonic commercials we roll our eyes because there IS no Sonic around here! The only one in Northern Ohio is not open yet and it's a 45 minute drive from my house!

Di...I agree! When I was preggo with Evan, all I craved were SOUR things and they kept advertising their cherry lime frozen drink. I wanted one soooooooo bad and couldn't get one!!

LOL DI, when I was in Connecticut they had Sonic commercials and no Sonics and CiCi's pizza (the worst pizza on the planet) and no CiCi's! I only knew what they were because we have both in Arizona!
And Kelly, I happen to like watching TV. I watch football, basketball, baseball, Foodnetwork, HGTV I love Criminal Minds and Without a Trace, I watch CSI NY and Las Vegas. Its cheap entertainment and I don't have to shower or put on make up for it. I don't watch news because its too depressing and I don't really watch movies because they are too long and I will fall asleep. I think commercials are a waste of time because I wouldn't buy a product just because someone I don't know thinks it great!

raebates said:
T-Mobile has a new commercial. The dad comes in talking to his family about the great new cell phone plan. In the midst of what he's saying his son says something along the lines of, "You can add that lady at my soccer game you always stare at." There's not even a pause. There is no reaction at all. They go right to the daughter talking about a boy with a mustache.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/confused0083.gif
It's not just you. It's disgusting.

raebates said:

I found this commercial odd too!! I noticed the same 2 things!!

PamperedCaniac said:
I found this commercial odd too!! I noticed the same 2 things!!

Ditto to what she said!

TammyStar said:

I dunno, my BFF, Jill?

TammyStar said:

Sort of like a political thread on CS?

It just goes to show how some companies think immorality is funny...which it isn't! It's just sick... I too have a DVR and rarely watch "live" TV for that very reason...hate the stupid commercials! The Sonic ones are probably the worst on TV! They do make the best Cherry Limeades though! We go through at "Happy Hour"...2 to 4 p.m. every day, drinks are half price. My 2 yo grandson says, "Cherry Limeade...easy ice" whenever we pull in! It is too cute!

Kitchen Diva said:
Ditto to what she said!

Ditto, ditto!!

(can I say that?)

I agree. Immorality is just becoming the norm it seems, and the writers always seem to be pushing the envelope more and more.
Sad, very sad...

Apparently they aren't trying to reach our age group, maybe a younger group. Otherwise it might actually make some sense.

I think the writers to TV have lost their morals. Everything is either sex, death, or torture anymore.

Where are the wholesome type shows that entertain?????

raebates said:

I was saying that just yesterday....why doesn't the wife look pissed or throw something at him? What is the whole point of the kid saying that if there isn't going to be a reaction to go with it? Some of those commercials are so unrealistic.

Mad TV spoofed those TMobile commercials. They specifically bashed the one with the same family at the dinner table, in which, when the son says that his fave 5 are the same as the daughter's and the daughter complains, the dad says, "maybe you shouldn't have such hot friends." They went into a riff about how creepy it was for the dad to think that his daughter's friends were hot.

Glad to know it isn't just me. I just wonder what the pitch meeting was like. I mean, what kind of twiddle-head thought that was a good idea?

Soooo glad that I'm not with T-Mobile!!! It's such a shame that things like this are just passed off without much thought.

I've wondered about that comment a couple of times myself!!!

TammyStar said:

OMG - I LOVE these commercials!! That's totally me and DH!! LOL

TammyStar said:
LOL DI, when I was in Connecticut they had Sonic commercials and no Sonics and CiCi's pizza (the worst pizza on the planet) and no CiCi's! I only knew what they were because we have both in Arizona!

i grew up in arizona so i always had sonic at my fingertips! and now i live in washington where the closest sonic is in HILLSBORO OREGON! trust me - i have made the drive down to portland many times for some tax-free shopping & sonic. they are opening one here in DECEMBER. im almost more excited about that than Christmas :love: i am in love with the Ocean Water & tots. mmmmmmm. is it december yet??

ok, haven't seen that one but I'm offended by the new KY commercials..... UHHHMMM YUK!!

We have a stinkin Sonic right across the street form our neighborhood (& I live in the country) Hate it!! but if I had to choose between it and Ci Ci's i'd have a salad bar at Ci ci's.

We have Sonic commercials on all the time. In fact, a friend of mine just said to me last week she wondered why we have these commercials. So I just went on the Sonic web site. The closest Sonic to me is...in Cedar Rapids, IA! There are NONE in Wisconsin. Not a one! So why the heck do we have these commercials?

I am totally tired of TV degrading men/dads all together. Look at some of the shows on the air (not drama) and the men are constantly being spoken down to by wives and children. Is this really what we want our kids to learn? It is on show & commercials....I know DH would be SO outahere if we were to treat him the way these commercials & shows portray men!

Jessamary said:
We have Sonic commercials on all the time. In fact, a friend of mine just said to me last week she wondered why we have these commercials. So I just went on the Sonic web site. The closest Sonic to me is...in Cedar Rapids, IA! There are NONE in Wisconsin. Not a one! So why the heck do we have these commercials?

Are they building any near you? I've noticed that you will start seeing commercials months before a new business opens up....makes you rush right over there when they do open :cool: What gripes me is when I get coupons for something that the stores don't have yet - about the time it expires, then they get the items :grumpy:

Oh, and if you've never had a Sonic milkshake.....mmm mmm mmm they are so good (and extremely fattening!)

Related to T-Mobile's New Commercial: Totally Awkward!

1. What is the premise of T-Mobile's new commercial?

The new T-Mobile commercial, titled "Totally Awkward!", follows a group of friends trying to plan a surprise party for one of their own. However, their plans keep getting ruined by awkward and uncomfortable situations, highlighting the benefits of T-Mobile's unlimited data plan.

2. Who stars in the T-Mobile commercial?

The commercial features a star-studded cast including celebrities like Martha Stewart, Snoop Dogg, and Kristen Schaal. It also includes appearances by T-Mobile CEO John Legere and former NFL player Marshawn Lynch.

3. What is the main message of the commercial?

The main message of the commercial is to showcase the benefits of T-Mobile's unlimited data plan, specifically in situations where reliable and fast data is needed, such as planning a surprise party.

4. When was the commercial released?

The commercial was released in February 2019, just in time for the Super Bowl.

5. Has the commercial received any awards or recognition?

As of now, the commercial has not received any awards or recognition. However, it has been well-received by viewers and has gained a lot of attention on social media for its star-studded cast and humorous storyline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • smspamperedchef