• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Supporting a Recruit During a Difficult Time: How to Respond with Care

In summary, Michelle's recruiter received an email from a potential client who had cervical cancer. The recruiter reached out to the potential client to express their support and well wishes. The potential client is now signed up with Pampered Chef and is looking forward to starting their new year.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My recruit lead who was supposed to be signing this month, just sent this email to me.

I'm trying to think of the best response. I know that she was signing with PC so that she could quit working retail...but was waiting until after Christmas to quit. And now this. I want her to know that I will be praying for her...and really that's all. I don't want to push her into anything when she's had this kind of shock...I don't know her really, but want to express my concern and well wishes...

I was told on tue that I have cervical cancer. Not sure what is planned. I will be putting everything on hold till further notice.

Sent from my iPhone

Honestly I would say something like. "I am so sorry. I will be praying for you."
I would just keep it simple and leave it at that.

I would say " I am so sorry to hear that! I just want to let you know that I will still be here when you are ready. Until then you will be in my thoughts and prayers."
I am not the greatest with wording, but to me the fact that she is even letting you know means she is still thinking about PC. Really if you can I would just call her, that way you can see if she wants to stay on an email update list or if she wants you to keep in touch at all. Pampered Chef still could be an answer to her needs as she deals with this.

I'd say something like:

"I am so sorry to hear that! It must be very scary. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'll still be here when you are ready and if you ever want to just talk in the meantime just call."

ditto everything everyone else said. Let her know you are thinking of her and there if she needs help.

I have friends who have had severe health issues and or suffered through the loss of a child. All of them say that they got tired of hearing "I'm sorry" from everyone that they encountered. So I do my best to avoid using that phrase now. Here's what I would send if it had been one of my recruit potentials:

I completely understand your need to focus on your recovery right now. My heart goes out to you during this time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope your treatment is swift and successful. If there is anything that I can do, please ask.

When you are ready to think about Pampered Chef again, please let me know. I'd love to have you on my team. We could even plan a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser as your kick off show! ;)

Thanks everyone. I took a little bit from everyone, I believe. :)

Michelle,

That had to have been very frightening and shocking news. I totally understand putting other things on hold, and concentrating on your treatment and healing. Please know that my thoughts and prayers will go with you.

I'll be here when you're ready.

Warmly,

Sounds good girl! :D

sounds great Becky!

Sounds great, Becky. Love the words everyone came up with.

Thanks again to everyone.

Usually, I can figure out what to say - but this one really hit me hard. 3 years ago at this time, I was sitting with one of my best friends in Hospice care, as she lost her battle with cancer. I get a bit emotional every year around this time, and when I got her email, I had a hard time being objective. So thanks for all of your words and ideas - they helped me get a handle on what I wanted/needed to say.

I probably should have called her, but felt like my emotions were too raw to do that. Thankfully, we have the internet. :)

Awe, (((hugs))) to you too!!! :(

Sorry to hear about your friend, Becky. I think the email sounded great. Great job!

Fantabulous Update!WOW!!!

I got a call this morning from her - she said "After the initial shock wore off, and I got things figured out in my head, I decided that life goes on, and I want to go ahead and sign and get started. I have people who want to place orders, and at least two people who want shows in January, and my husband was asking me why I hadn't just signed up already...so I guess I'm ready to go."

SO - I just walked her through the agreement online, and I have a new consultant on my team!

Awe, that's great news for you AND for her!!! Congratulations to you both!!! :D

YAY! Congrats!!

That is wonderful Becky! Amazing how "all things work together for good". You are blessed!

Awesome!!!!!!!!

chefruthie said:
That is wonderful Becky! Amazing how "all things work together for good". You are blessed!

I AM blessed! :candyheart:

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!! I thought you might hear from her.

Fantastic! Congratulations!!:chef:

WOW Becky!! That is FABULOUS!! And I love the words that you chose. I think they were perfect.

1. How can I best support my recruit during a difficult time?

The best way to support your recruit during a difficult time is to be there for them, both emotionally and practically. Listen to their concerns and offer a shoulder to lean on. Help them with their workload and offer to take on some tasks for them. Additionally, remind them of their strengths and encourage them to stay positive.

2. What are some things I should avoid saying to my recruit during a difficult time?

Avoid saying things like "just get over it" or "it's not that big of a deal." These phrases can minimize your recruit's feelings and make them feel unheard. Also, avoid giving unsolicited advice or trying to fix their problems. Instead, focus on actively listening and supporting them in the way they need.

3. How can I help my recruit stay motivated during a difficult time?

One way to help your recruit stay motivated is to remind them of their goals and the reasons why they joined Pampered Chef in the first place. You can also offer words of encouragement and help them break down their tasks into smaller, manageable goals. Additionally, offer to work on projects together or schedule regular check-ins to keep them accountable and motivated.

4. Is it appropriate to ask my recruit about their personal struggles?

It is important to respect your recruit's privacy and boundaries, so it is not appropriate to pry into their personal struggles without their consent. Instead, let them know that you are there to support them if they want to talk and leave the conversation open for them to share on their own terms.

5. How can I take care of myself while supporting my recruit during a difficult time?

It is crucial to prioritize your own well-being while supporting your recruit during a difficult time. Make sure to set boundaries and take breaks when needed. Seek support from friends, family, or a therapist if you feel overwhelmed. Remember that you cannot pour from an empty cup, so taking care of yourself will allow you to be a better support for your recruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • ChefBevShu