• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success and Struggles at My Pampered Chef Show: A Reflection

In summary, Lisa's show went well, but she didn't receive as many bookings as she would have liked. She suggests following up with customers to make sure their orders were taken care of. She also recommends using a CD called "Booking Strategies from the Pros" to increase bookings.
hoosierchef
Well....I've been back home now for about an hour. Trying to relax.

The show went well I suppose. The hostess had over 20 people show up. :eek: What an awesome turn-out. She just moved into her new house, so I know that helped. ;) You'd think that I would have a ton of bookings.....NO! NOT ONE!! I asked.....and asked......everyone who came through to check out. I got one maybe. Her sister, but she doesn't want to have one anytime soon.

These people seemed to really love Pampered Chef. I had two or three newbies who had never been to a show before. The Trifle was Delicious!! A huge hit.

I just don't know what I did wrong. Crowd control was horrible. It's difficult to talk over 20+ people. I forgot to mention ALOT.....I guess because I was stumbling over trying to keep things going. I don't know.

When I left, she had around $515 in sales, with several more outside orders to come. I figure she'll probably close around $650.00 - $700.

I just still am at a loss about bookings though. I've had shows with 4 people and two of them booked...... :(

I am not sure why this happens, but my bookings are not usually as good with a group that large.

Just make sure you follow up in a couple of weeks with Customer Care Calls. Maybe someone will be interested in a show at that time.

Lisa

I would call them all BEFORE you close the show. The choas is a great reason to call. Let them know that "since it was so crazy last night I just wanted to make sure I have your order right. Did you hear all the benefits of hosting a show? Even 5-6 average orders can be counted as a catalog show and you can get that beautiful trifle bowl for less than $16! If you want more free than a cooking show is the way to go!".

They think you are being nice checking their order, and you have a second chance at getting bookings. Also ask them if they know anyone who would be interested in having a show and you could get bookings that way too!

i have had more bookings at smaller shows. my largest was 15 guests, it was a 900 show. got no bookings no leads nothing!! oh well! we do what we can!! we just try, try and try again!! keep your chin up that is what i am doing!! :D

My bookings alway suck at big shows too.

hoosierchef said:
Well....I've been back home now for about an hour. Trying to relax.

The show went well I suppose. The hostess had over 20 people show up. :eek: What an awesome turn-out. She just moved into her new house, so I know that helped. ;) You'd think that I would have a ton of bookings.....NO! NOT ONE!! I asked.....and asked......everyone who came through to check out. I got one maybe. Her sister, but she doesn't want to have one anytime soon.

These people seemed to really love Pampered Chef. I had two or three newbies who had never been to a show before. The Trifle was Delicious!! A huge hit.

I just don't know what I did wrong. Crowd control was horrible. It's difficult to talk over 20+ people. I forgot to mention ALOT.....I guess because I was stumbling over trying to keep things going. I don't know.

When I left, she had around $515 in sales, with several more outside orders to come. I figure she'll probably close around $650.00 - $700.

I just still am at a loss about bookings though. I've had shows with 4 people and two of them booked...... :(

Oh my goodness let me hook you up ona great CD.. it's called booking stragies from the pros... I listned to it about four times each time bringing something differnt to the table. One thing that I do at my show is I do something with three boxes ...... I bought little chinese boxes with poka dots on them at Michael's craft store. I cut out photos of such item as a Batter Bowl, mix n chop, and a microfiber towle. I put a date on each of the boxes that I wanted to book, placed them on a table where all the guest could see them... let them ask all they wanted abou them... but I dont' tell them what it truly is until the end of my demo.... how it works is when they choose one of the dates on the box... what ever is inside of the box.. they will recieve when the book, host and close a show. Works like a charm.. you can beat a donkey and it will do nothing but you wave a carrot in front of it and it will follow you to the end of the earth!!! I hope that helps!!! Are you making customer care calls and or emails or both??? If yoru nto you should they will make a huge differnce !!

I also do a look to book. The difference is that instead of dates on the box, I will highlight the dates in my consultant planner. I do allow one of them to be a catalog show. I usually highlight dates earlier in the week and earlier in the month. Most of my hosts want middle to the end of the month. I am sure it is because I am 'wishy washy' when it comes to providing the earliest date. I am just so glad to get the bookings. I have not had a show take three of them. I will give the host a free gift if there is three bookings.

Crowd control always is tough with a big group. I forgot to mention on your other thread, but I used the egg idea from weekly bites on my large show and it helped bring everyone back in focus. I do less talking (from me) and more "let's hear what so and so likes best from PC", etc. and keep them passing ideas...people tend to like to listen to fellow guests...

What trifle did you end up making?

I'm sure you did nothing wrong, Tammi. There have already been some great suggestions posted here. Just don't let this get you discouraged. Your next show may be filled with people who just can't wait to book a show.

I find the same things with big crowds. It's like they just want to talk to each other more than they want to listen and that is what has this effect - not anything you did.

I agree with making calls before you close the shows. I did morning after calls ones time and the guest seems to feel so special that I called to thank them for coming and checked with them. That is the one and only time I have done them b/c normally I just do not have to the time.

I love doing shows with 8-10 but it seems over 10 it gets a little unruly. I had a show Monday with 4 peopl and got 4 bookings.

Keep your head up! It is not you!

I LOVE the box idea!! I am going this weekend to get some and use them for my next show!!

Lisa

What are the most common challenges faced by Pampered Chef consultants during shows?

Some of the most common struggles that Pampered Chef consultants may face during shows include low attendance, difficult or uninterested guests, and technical difficulties with equipment or recipes. These challenges can make it difficult to meet sales goals and create a successful show experience.

How can I improve my success at Pampered Chef shows?

To improve your success at Pampered Chef shows, it is important to focus on building relationships with your guests and providing a fun and engaging experience. This can include offering interactive demonstrations, providing helpful cooking tips, and offering personalized recommendations for products that will benefit your guests.

What can I do to increase sales at my Pampered Chef show?

There are several strategies you can use to increase sales at your Pampered Chef show. These include promoting your show through social media and word of mouth, offering special discounts or promotions, and showcasing the versatility and quality of Pampered Chef products through creative recipes and demonstrations. It is also important to follow up with guests after the show to encourage future purchases.

What are some tips for managing the logistics of a Pampered Chef show?

To effectively manage the logistics of a Pampered Chef show, it is important to plan ahead and be organized. This may include creating a detailed schedule for the show, setting up and testing equipment beforehand, and having all necessary ingredients and supplies on hand. It may also be helpful to have a team or assistant to help with tasks such as taking orders and cleaning up after the show.

How can I overcome common challenges and achieve success at my Pampered Chef shows?

To overcome common challenges and achieve success at your Pampered Chef shows, it is important to stay positive and flexible. Be prepared to adapt to unexpected situations and focus on providing a positive and enjoyable experience for your guests. It can also be helpful to seek advice and support from fellow Pampered Chef consultants or attend training sessions offered by the company. With persistence and determination, you can overcome challenges and achieve success at your shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • tinat51796