• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Still Confused-Pampered Chef Profile or Group?

In summary, Facebook offers different ways for businesses to share their content on the site. If you are creating a profile for your PC business, you should use the Facebook profile created for your personal email. If you are creating a fan page, you can use the same page or create a separate fan page. If you have 26 fans, you can create a URL.
pctharper
Gold Member
I was going to create a group on FB for my PC business. It wants you to choose a local business or compay/organization/insitute. IF creating a group, which would I choose?

I have a seperate PC email from my personal email. Would it be easier or better to create a regular FB profile using that?

I wouldn't.

I have a group that I no longer use. Initially, the only way to join a group was to friend the person and invite them to join your group. I know groups have changed, but I don't know how.

I created a fan page instead. It still follows the PC rules, because only if someone "likes" the page will they receive the updates and they can "unlike" at any time. With a fan page you still have to choose a category, but you can change that category any time you like.

How do you create a fan page? Is it the same as a regular profile?

it's similar. Go to someone else's page (like the PC official page) and look in the lower left corner. There should be a link to create your own fan page. The nice thing is that it is linked somewhat to your profile (you only have to sign in once) but is separate. Things you write on a fan page only show up on the walls of those people who have liked it too. So, you're not constantly spamming your friends and family.

The way to access a fan page once you've created it is to go to the upper right corner under "account" and you can switch to your fan page.

A page is connected to your profile.

A page allows you to share business-related stuff without your fans seeing all of your personal things, unless that's what you want. I use my business page to share general food tips, PC product tips, recipes, and specials. They now have it set up so that you can choose to do just about anything on fb as your page.

Several things about a page are one-sided. As your profile you can suggest your page to your fb friends, but as your page you cannot initiate contact with individuals. You also cannot sent private messages as a page.

How do you do it? Once you log into fb, if you go to the very bottom of the page you'll see "Create a Page." There are other ways to get to that, but that's the easiest to me. You then follow the instructions. I suggest that you have some information together (a few pictures, a short blurb about your business) before you sit down to set your page up.

Once you have 26 fans (people who have clicked LIKE) you can create a URL, making it easy for people to find you. Remember, too, that PC insists that you identify yourself as "Independent."

You can have as many pages as you like. For instance, I have 3. Feel free to check any or all of them out. You'll see that they each have very different purposes.

Rae Bates - Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef | Facebook
The Weird Little Woman with Flippy Red Hair | Facebook
The Day I Was Blessed with Leukemia | Facebook

I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. Though, Noora's really the expert here that I turn to when I have questions.

Like Rae Bates I have a business page as well. I use it share my business information with my customers. I have a tag line on my email signature that says check out me on Facebook at and I give my URL. I also have it on my website. It is slowly growing and they do not need to be a FB friend to like my page.

Last edited:
raebates said:
I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. Though, Noora's really the expert here that I turn to when I have questions.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rae! :)

I'll gladly answer any questions you have. A lot of them might already have been answered, too. Check out the Social Media forum, especially threads from around mid-July last year (right after the announcment at NC).

Oh, and you can find me at Noora Kragenbrink - Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef | Facebook

You ladies are invaluable!! Thank you so much for all your great suggestions and helping us new people along.

You're very welcome. Just paying it forward.

hey rae, Thanks for sharing. I have put off doing this because I keep thinking I'll do something wrong and the 'pc police' will be after me! I may just give it a whirl using your directions & I may just like your page, so I have a reference....if you don't mind.
I love your cute little cartoon portrait!! how did you do that?

Noora's is pretty good too. I've had some "crazy FB stalkers tell me they like mine and ask questions too. Use us all, we're here to helphttp://www.facebook.com/Pampered.Chef.Powerhouse

Thank you!!!
I "liked" you all... loving all your inspiration.

Robyn, I don't mind at all. I do ask that you credit me (or anyone else) if you repost ideas.I got the caricature from http://www.designhergals.com. It's a great website. I use the print at home feature and put my gal on everything. It's how I brand myself--the weird little woman with flippy red hair. Plus, I like that proceeds go to support people with stage IV cancer.

Related to Still Confused-Pampered Chef Profile or Group?

1. What is the difference between a Pampered Chef Profile and Group?

A Pampered Chef Profile is a personal account that individuals can create to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants and customers. A Pampered Chef Group, on the other hand, is a community or team page where members can share tips, recipes, and promotions. While both options allow for communication and networking, a Profile is more geared towards individual connections, while a Group is focused on building a community.

2. Can I have both a Profile and a Group?

Yes, you can have both a Pampered Chef Profile and a Group. In fact, many consultants and customers have both to stay connected with different individuals and communities within the Pampered Chef network.

3. How do I create a Pampered Chef Profile or Group?

To create a Pampered Chef Profile, go to the "Join Now" section on the Pampered Chef website and follow the prompts to set up your account. To create a Group, go to the "Communities" tab on the Pampered Chef website and click on "Create a Group" to get started.

4. Are Profiles and Groups private or public?

Pampered Chef Profiles and Groups can be either private or public, depending on the preferences of the creator. Private Profiles and Groups require invitations or approval for others to join, while public ones can be accessed and joined by anyone on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I join multiple Groups as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can join multiple Groups to connect with different teams and communities within the network. However, make sure to manage your time and prioritize your engagement in each Group to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • SamanthaNicole
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ericadboone