• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stains on the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon

In summary, the Rubbermaid Plastic Booster is a soap-like substance that you put in your dishwasher when you wash plastics. It is available at Walmart for around $3.
NMmommy
anyone know how I can get it off? It is a Chilli powder stain. :rolleyes:

Probably a diluted bleach solution...

Lemon juice might work.

Thanks! The lemon juice made it lighter. I am not sure how I feel abou this product yet.

I'm still conflicted about it myself. I like that it sits on the counter so you can pour into it, but it's not easy to measure small amounts or things that need to be packed (I used the scoop for brown sugar the other day).

Glad your stain got a little lighter. It'll wear off eventually. :)

this is one tool that I have not used yet. when i measured mine with water my measurements were off. i had a new one sent to me...haven't tested that one out yet.

Once again- the Rubbermaid Plastic Booster is the best stuff ever made! Throw all your plastic stuff in the dishwasher and add a little plastic booster and everything will look brand new!

So, are you all scraping OUT your contents (like the Measure-All cup) or just pouring them out? I was just curious what everyone else was doing regarding that aspect? While I "like" them, I don't LOVE them by any means. I like how they stand on their own, but that's about it. I always grab my non-PC measuring cups anyway...I know...BAD!

I can't fit the spoon in my baking powder so have to pull out another spoon. Sigh.

spoiledchef said:
So, are you all scraping OUT your contents (like the Measure-All cup) or just pouring them out? I was just curious what everyone else was doing regarding that aspect? While I "like" them, I don't LOVE them by any means. I like how they stand on their own, but that's about it. I always grab my non-PC measuring cups anyway...I know...BAD!

I set the desired measurement, fill it with the contents, then slide the button all the way forward to empty. The big one doesn't empty all the way so I dump out the last little bit.

beepampered said:
I can't fit the spoon in my baking powder so have to pull out another spoon. Sigh.
I have my old adjustable measuring spoons just for this! Even those are a tight squeeze!

Spoiled Chef, that is just too funny, I am the same way. I had these 1980 measuring cups forever and I just can't part with them, I use them all the time at home. Pretty soon the bright orange color will come back in style. I guess you can't teach and olde dog new tricks right. LOL.

I used the smaller one yesterday at my show, not too impressed! Maybe they will grow on me.

I can't bring myself to use it since the liquid measurements are WAY OFF!!!! I don't know what to tell customers about it. I can't "lie" and say it's great when it doesn't even measure correctly. So for now, I haven't even taken it to shows. I just point out in the catalog all the measuring tools we have to offer and let each person know that measuring tools are a matter of personal preference....for instance I love my adjustable measuring spoons, and my director likes the easy read measuring spoon and cup. So, think of what you would like most and pick that way. kinda lame, but I can't think of anything better....

Dusty, if yours are off for liquids, then they are also off for solids. Contact HO and return them for a new one.

how can you tellHow can you tell the measurements are off?

gilliandanielle said:
Once again- the Rubbermaid Plastic Booster is the best stuff ever made! Throw all your plastic stuff in the dishwasher and add a little plastic booster and everything will look brand new!

Gillian,
What is the plastic booster, and where do you buy it. I've never heard of it before. Thanks,

It is a soap-like substance that you put in your dishwasher when you wash plastics...

It used to be made by rubbermaid but I think Cascade has one now. It is in a red tube by the dishwasher detergents and is around $3... I get mine at Walmart.

photochef said:
How can you tell the measurements are off?
Measure an amount in another spoon that you trust, then pour it into the new one. It should be the same. If there's empty space, then the new one is measuring large (too much). If it doesn't all fit, the new one is measuring too little.

I never would have thought to check the measuring cups for accuracy, but after reading your posts I jumped up and did just that.
Mine are perfect! I am glad, because I am using them at all my shows to make the Jerk Chicken Salad and have sold several sets. They replace so many measuring tools.
My only advice is to double check where you are putting the gray slider.

Thanks I think I will call HO. I just figured they were all that way. It's good to know that they aren't.

It's gone!!:eek: The measurement writing on the white part of the spoon rubbed off!!!!! I don't know why either. I mean rubbed off as if it was written with erasable ink!!!!!!!:eek:

This is obvious, but.... That's not good! Call HO!!

Melissa -- I noticed that, too. I may have to make a call to HO.

1. How do I remove stains from the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon?

To remove stains from the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon, simply soak the spoon in warm, soapy water for a few minutes. Then, use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub away the stains. For tougher stains, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and scrub the stains away.

2. Can I put the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon in the dishwasher?

Yes, the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend handwashing it to keep it in the best condition and prevent any potential damage.

3. Will the measurements rub off over time?

No, the measurements on the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon are engraved and will not rub off over time. This ensures that the measurements will remain accurate for long-term use.

4. Can I use the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon for both dry and liquid ingredients?

Yes, the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon can be used for both dry and liquid ingredients. It is designed with a flat bottom and curved edges, making it easy to measure both types of ingredients accurately.

5. Is the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon BPA-free?

Yes, the New Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon is made from BPA-free plastic, ensuring it is safe for food use. It is also heat-resistant, making it suitable for use with hot ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMoore
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • RossDeb2