• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Southern-Style Parties: Sweet Tea & Lemon Zest

In summary, southern residents are known for their hospitality and love to have company. Some possible recipes that go along with southern themes include fried green tomatoes, key lime pie, cheeseburger ring, and strawberry cheesecake microwave cake.
Mackailey
Since I now live in the south, are there themes or parties ppl have tried that work best down here? I thought about the obvious sweet tea and putting some lemon zest in it..

I don't live in the south right now but I used to. I haven't been a PC consultant down south but I can imagine any theme shows would work. I just know people down south are known for their hospitality and just like to have company over. Here is a list of theme shows and some possible recipes that could go along with them. Maybe it will help give you some ideas.

Attachments

• Theme Show Recipe Ideas.doc
    59 KB · Views: 928
I'm a southern girl living in Hawaii.....I miss the south!
How about....
fried green tomatoes (a great chance to use the US & G and cookware)

Use that to your advantage !Go with what the south is famous for - Georgia peaches, Virginia Peanuts - and all the Barbeque you can lick your fingers for ! Florida - Key Lime, Pecans from the Carolinas - its ENDLESS ! But if you really need some inspiration, check out recipes by Paula Deen on the Food Network. She is as south as it gets !

GOOD LUCK ! ;)

Im from the southHey Angie! I have actually had luck having things that "arent" normally associated with the south. I think where I am at ppl want a change from the same things we always eat. At my last show I did the Tropical Dream Trifle and the Cheeseburger Ring. There was NONE of it left and that tropical dream trifle makes ALOT :) everyone went back for seconds and thirds until it was all gone. I have also made the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring and got wonderful feedback on it.; its also another one that no one leaves any of. And of course there is the strawberry cheesecake microwave cake that is WONDERFUL! And it doesnt heat the house up which is a BIG PLUS here in the south. It also really promotes the fluted stoneware pan that is $26.50 ;) I have orders for 2 of those on my last show alone already and my hostess said she is going to order one too simply to be able to cook a cake in the microwave and not have to heat up the house baking. I have had my last 3 hosts order one after making a cake in it, and also telling them how to make the best chicken in the world by impaling it on the middle and basting it in olive oil and our rosemary seasoning . All of them have made the chicken on it since recieving their pan and LOVE it. The best thing to do is think COOL and quick to fix so you arent in the kitchen for a lengthy time; especially in the summer. :) HTH some. BTW how are you coming along? Did you ever get your kit? Good Luck!

1. What types of sweet tea do you recommend for a Southern-style party?

We recommend using traditional black tea with plenty of sugar for a classic sweet tea, or experimenting with flavored teas such as peach or raspberry for a unique twist.

2. How do you make the perfect pitcher of sweet tea?

To make the perfect pitcher of sweet tea, start by boiling water and steeping tea bags for 3-5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and add sugar while the tea is still hot. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and then add cold water to dilute. Serve over ice and enjoy!

3. What are some traditional Southern dishes that pair well with sweet tea?

Some traditional Southern dishes that pair well with sweet tea include fried chicken, BBQ ribs, macaroni and cheese, and collard greens. For dessert, try serving peach cobbler or pecan pie.

4. Can you share any tips for hosting a successful Southern-style party?

To host a successful Southern-style party, be sure to have plenty of sweet tea on hand and serve it in mason jars for an authentic touch. Decorate with rustic, Southern-inspired decor and consider serving dishes family-style to encourage a sense of community. And don't forget to have some Southern music playing in the background!

5. What other Pampered Chef products do you recommend for a Southern-style party?

We recommend our Quick Slice, which is perfect for slicing and dicing ingredients for dishes like fried chicken and collard greens. Our Stoneware Collection is also great for baking dishes like peach cobbler or cornbread. And be sure to check out our Lemon Zester for adding a touch of lemon zest to your sweet tea!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joann McDonald
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • janel kelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies