• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snowing at My House: Rare Winter Wonder and Potential Show Disruption!

In summary, it is snowing in the photo but it is not rain. The main reason everything stops here when we get our wimpy little snows is b/c we get really wet snow and there is usually a layer of ice under the snow - make driving just a tad uncomfortable. It is pretty though.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
For many of you this is no big deal, but we don't get this stuff too often (thankfully!) But right now it is snowing! Big, fat, fluffy, white ones! It's starting to stick too......I just hope it melts and doesn't screw-up my show for tomorrow night!:cry:

It looks like rain in the photo, but it is SNOW!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/022.jpg

Ooh, pretty. For those of us up north, it's not much snow. I know from experience, though, that it doesn't take much snow to bring most southern cities to a complete halt. Hope it's all gone by show time.

WOW - COOL!Love your house by the way!

raebates said:
Ooh, pretty. For those of us up north, it's not much snow. I know from experience, though, that it doesn't take much snow to bring most southern cities to a complete halt. Hope it's all gone by show time.

No kidding!!! My dad grew up in northern PA, but after he and my mom divorced, he was transferred to Atlanta. It always baffled him how the smallest snow fall could bring such a large city like Atlanta to a complete halt! He even though people in Cincinnati were wimps when the city almost stopped the year we had 14" in one night.

Well enjoy it Linda, I have about 3 feet of snow right now in my yard. Snow banks are about 5 feet now.:yuck:

We got snow yesterday - about an inch and then melted today...we may have ice tomorrow.
I love it when it snows! I grew up in TN and we only got about 1-2 ground covering snows a year so I'm a big kid when it comes to snow! I love you house by the way - good thing it snowed or we might not have seen it!

It's not rain.It's not snow.It's snew.

rennea said:
Well enjoy it Linda, I have about 3 feet of snow right now in my yard. Snow banks are about 5 feet now.:yuck:
:eek: that's way more snow than I need :eek:

pamperedlinda said:
:eek: that's way more snow than I need :eek:

IT'S WAY MORE SNOW THEN I NEED!!!!!!! You do get used to it though, really you do:rolleyes:

katie0128 said:
No kidding!!! My dad grew up in northern PA, but after he and my mom divorced, he was transferred to Atlanta. It always baffled him how the smallest snow fall could bring such a large city like Atlanta to a complete halt! He even though people in Cincinnati were wimps when the city almost stopped the year we had 14" in one night.

The main reason everything stops here when we get our wimpy little snows is b/c we get really wet snow and there is usually a layer of ice under the snow - make driving just a tad uncomfortable. It is pretty though.

And the snow you are getting today, is heading my way for tomorrow! And yes, the area is getting ready for this "big" storm. I moved from MA to NC, and have to laugh at how little snow it takes to shut everything down here in NC

Last edited:
Sort of like a year ago, when I was in Arkansas...
IM001817.jpg
...on my way to Branson, Missouri.
IM001851.jpg
I was just pulling out into traffic (that was stopped, anyway) and going around cars where drivers were spinning wheels and sliding to the curb. I drove right around one guy, with a 4 wheel drive, because he was sliding backwards down a hill. I just drove around him and went up the hill and drove away.I'm sure they all hated me. :D

Iam in Chattanooga and it is snowing pretty good here, have about 1/2 in right now. It is beautiful and so exciting for my 3 1/2 year old!!

I am from Southeast Alabama and we rarely got any snow when I was little, so when I moved to Virginia, I was excited thinking I would get to see REAL snow!Well, the most we have had since we moved here in 1994 is 17 inches and that was in the "blizzard" of 1996! Since then, it dabbles an inch one day and then 2 months later another inch! BUT, when it even remotely threatens snow, bread & milk sell out at every grocery store and if it actually falls, everything stops! It is crazy! We did have about 3 inches of ice during Christmas of 1998 and that was freakin miserable. I just really wouldn't mind if we had one good snow per winter-the kiids have sleds and everything!

BEAUTIFUL Home Linda! Out here in SoCal you don't see Any Snow ofcourse and hardly any brick homes! It's all Meditteranian or Spanish style here! :( We visited St. Louis and Dallas and fell in love with all of the Brick homes!

When there were predictions of snow when I was a kid, our neighbor used to say, "Better get to the store and stock up before the hoarders get it all."She was dead serious and never, ever understood why we thought that was so funny!

Nice house, Linda! Now we know what Linda's house looks like! I've lived in New England my whole life and despise winter. It's pretty to look at as long as I don't have to venture out in it! Our dog loves the snow and loves to climb the mounds and of course finds the worst place for us to clean up after her! Our storm the other day has left us with a mess in our parking lot with ice on the bottom, so much for the thaw we had last week! We have another storm coming Friday morning--ouch!

LOVE your house Linda~gorgeous!
Ugh...I'm sick of snow. We got about 4 inches yesterday. Unfortunately, this year we seem to be stuck in the routine of getting ice first. That's what I'm really sick of. Our front yard gets lots of sun & it all melts pretty fast; but we still have about 8 inches in the back yard from a storm in early Dec!

Your home is beautiful!! Especially with the dashing bits of snow!!

NJ shore has been lucky this year, not too much accumulation!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When there were predictions of snow when I was a kid, our neighbor used to say, "Better get to the store and stock up before the hoarders get it all."

She was dead serious and never, ever understood why we thought that was so funny!

When I was younger, 5 teenagers were stranded at my best friend's house for 2 days. Her dad made it up to the local gas station and loaded up on pop, chips, candy, etc. The cashier looked at him kind of funny and said that was weird food to be stocking up on. Apparently he changed his attitude when her dad told him how many teenagers were stuck at their house.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sort of like a year ago, when I was in Arkansas...

IM001817.jpg

...on my way to Branson, Missouri.

IM001851.jpg

I was just pulling out into traffic (that was stopped, anyway) and going around cars where drivers were spinning wheels and sliding to the curb. I drove right around one guy, with a 4 wheel drive, because he was sliding backwards down a hill. I just drove around him and went up the hill and drove away.

I'm sure they all hated me.

:D

LOL - I had to laugh because those pictures look like Michigan, AFTER the snow has been cleared! That amount of snow actually energizes people here, and brings people out....I think we all like to show that snow doesn't bother us. That's why the only time I've had a winter show cancel was when the State Police issued a warning to stay off the roads!:D

Becky, here's the thread from last January, where I got stuck in the snow in Arkansas and Branson, Missouri.

I just looked online, we have 5.5" of snow from last night. My biggest pet peeve when it snows is not the slow drivers, unless they are going way too slow but the people who refuse to wipe off their cars. We had an 8 year old girl killed last month from a guy who didn't even scrape the frost off his windsheild. They even showed his car on the news, not even a hole to look out of. When it snows, I take a broom out with me and take all the snow off the front, top, headlights, tail lights etc. I have a perfect view out my window at work to a gas station and I'm amazed at the people who don't clear of their side windows, tail lights, etc. Or the ones that leave the large mound of snow on the top of their car only for it to fly off their car on the interstate and temporarily blind you! Okay, I'm done venting now! Oh wait, and turn on your lights when it snows even when the sun is out, it helps to see you better!

I don't mind someone being too dumb to wipe off their headlights, the heat will melt the snow quickly enough - if they have enough brains to turn the headlights on, that is.What I don't understand is the simple concept of brushing snow off taillights. The design of GM cars in the '70s was perfect for building up snow over taillights and I was known for getting out at intersections and brushing the snow off the taillights of some moron who hadn't done so.

Right now I see a black car with a partially wiped rear window and snow covering the whole tail end. Just begging to get rear ended!

It's snowing a little today, but nothing too bad. Of course, my kids love snow, so they are very excited! I don't know what they'll do next winter, when we're in Georgia. lol I'm sure my oldest DS will not be too happy without snow on Christmas. :)

Linda, how far are you from Valdosta? That's where we are moving in July - I'm looking forward to the warmer weather! :D

I live in GA too. My daughter had a blast last night playing in the snow. I am from the north, so she has seen snow a lot. But, she was excited to see it in GA.

What is "It's Snowing at My House!"?

"It's Snowing at My House!" is a seasonal cookbook from Pampered Chef that features recipes for winter and holiday dishes.

What types of recipes are included in "It's Snowing at My House!"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes for appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and drinks that are perfect for winter and holiday gatherings.

Are there any special tools or products needed for the recipes in "It's Snowing at My House!"?

Most of the recipes can be made with basic kitchen tools and utensils. However, some recipes may recommend the use of specific Pampered Chef products for optimal results.

Can "It's Snowing at My House!" be purchased in stores?

No, "It's Snowing at My House!" is a Pampered Chef exclusive and can only be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website.

Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free recipes in "It's Snowing at My House!"?

Yes, "It's Snowing at My House!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.

Back