• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Use a Nickname or Real Name for Your Website?

M
mistym
Ok, I think I am overthinking this a little! I need a catchy name for my website and I am getting stuck!

I would use my name but its a little confusing. Alot of people call me by my nickname - Misty. But my actual name is Teresa and thats who the cheques are made out too and also what PC know me as. So I was thinking about avoiding using my name as I don't want to confuse anyone. My last name is Polish and impossible to spell so that too is not an option!

What do you prefer:

KitchenClinic
KitchenSync
PantryPolice
MealMedic
GetPampered
PamperYou
PamperedPantry

your thought appreciated
Misty

Personally, I'd use something with your name attached to it - even if it is your nick-name. It may help people to remember you. Home Office can cross reference you no matter what name you use on your web-site (I've had them look-up consultants for me before so I know this is true).

How are you introducing yourself at your shows? Whatever name you introduce yourself as is something you should incorporate into your web-site address name.

Hope this helps,
Linda

I like KitchenSync. I like the spelling!

How about MealsWithMisty or MealsByMisty or MunchingWithMisty

I like your names. I also agree with Beth and Linda that you really should try to get your name (or some derivation of it) in there. Oh yeah, just a heads up.....PC has strict rules pertaining to the name of your site. You can't use the last three names you listed because you use the word pampered. Here is the rule verbatim:

"The part of the .biz address you customize may not include The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the company, or any derivation of such, for instance, the words “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc. "

I don't mean to be a pain, I just don't want you getting into any trouble!!! :)

Good luck!!!

I would just do /misty if its available or /mistym. Keep it simple... Mine is /annepratt, and I know it has been easy for people to remember.

Isn't there something from HO saying it has to have part of our name in the site? I thought I saw something in the weekly bites a while ago saying that our sites had to have part of our name after so and so date.

Here is the policy from CC:

Internet/Web: Personal Web Site Addresses/Names
It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as independent sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef® corporate office. Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address.

The part of the .biz address you customize may not include The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the company, or any derivation of such, for instance, the words “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc.

Consultants signing up for a new Personal Web Site will see these guidelines in message form on Consultant’s Corner. They will be programmed into our system for automatic enforcement. We are evaluating whether some Personal Web Site addresses violate the policy that Consultants not represent themselves as The Pampered Chef® company and will be initiating a call directly to those individuals who need to change their Web site names.

If Misty is taken, here is an idea:

mine is /KellysPage

It is also short enough that my complete web address is now on all of my stamps- the one I stamp catties with (basically my name, phone number and website) and on my return address stamp.

I like the KitchenSync one, but didn't realize that you really need to have your name in it. If you don't end up using that, maybe you could name your newsletter that. (If you send one...)

Misty,

I can totally relate to the long Polish name (someone asked if I was going to hyphenate when I got married. No way! Parzych-Szwarc hardly rolls off one's tongue!). I have a recruit who just signed up for her site and had the same concern. Her name is Margie Wisniewski. So she went with margiewis.

It's more personal to have your name in it - even disregarding the HO requirement. So I'd go with misty or mistym.

And remember, the longer that your site name is, the more likely that people are going to give up before they finish typing it in. So keep it short.

Just my 2 cents...

Ann

Yea! Another Ann! And, I agree with you completely! I like some of the really catchy names, but I like it with my name in it.

Oh boy... Thats what happens when you don't TOTALLY read the rules. I just changed my webaddress due to problems with the spelling of my name Sharron and how long it was. changed it to ...movinupchef -u p stood for Upper Peninsula (MI) and I'm movin soon. well back to the drawing board. Broke two rules arghhhhhhhhhhhh. I really need to read the rules before I act. I'll have to make new labels and fix what I thought I had just corrected.

Sharron- on this board it voilates the rules to have your full address on your signature. We all know the beginning, so just put /movinupchef.

Kelly- I don't think we need our names in them as long as it doesn't say these key words. I though I heard something about that they did need our names, but I must be crazy as usual!

Thanks Gillian, I've had my business on the back burner since last Feb and am just now trying to get things going. I better sit down and read over again the rules I seem to be breaking too many lately. Thanks for your help. Going to update my sig right now with my new address as well, thanks again everyone for all your input and keeping us straight.

Good luck Sharron! I hope it didn't come across as rude! If there is a rule to be broken it is better to do it here than with PC, LOL! I hope you biz picks up soon!

thanks!thanks for the great replies. I actually went with Bethcooks4u suggestions of "Mealswithmisty".

Thanks everyone!!

M

gilliandanielle said:
Good luck Sharron! I hope it didn't come across as rude! If there is a rule to be broken it is better to do it here than with PC, LOL! I hope you biz picks up soon!

:p No offence taken! Actually I'm very thankful for the info. The original reason I had changed the name was my name is spelled with two r's and was afraid that would cause confusion. So I decided to use my last name as there are not any other Martis' here in the up (upper peninsula) or consultants that I know of. I know business will pick if I actually do what we've been taught.

I too use my name. I use my first initial and my last name.

Related to Should You Use a Nickname or Real Name for Your Website?

1. Should I use my initials instead of my full name for my website?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the image you want to portray with your website. Using your initials can add a level of professionalism and anonymity, but may also make it difficult for people to identify you.

2. Can using my nickname on my website cause confusion?

It is possible that using a nickname on your website could lead to some confusion, especially if people are used to calling you by your full name. However, if your nickname is well-known and commonly used, it may not be an issue.

3. Are there any potential drawbacks to not using my full name on my website?

Not using your full name on your website may make it more difficult for people to find and identify you. It may also affect your personal branding and credibility, as people may not be able to connect your website with your other professional endeavors.

4. What are some alternative options for a catchy website name?

There are many creative options for a catchy website name that do not involve using your name. Some possibilities could include incorporating keywords related to your website's content, using a play on words, or coming up with a unique and memorable phrase.

5. Which of the proposed website names do you prefer?

I cannot make a personal preference for you, as it ultimately depends on your branding and target audience. I recommend considering which name best aligns with your website's purpose and message, and conducting market research to see which name resonates most with your potential audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jasonmva
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
LibrarianChef