• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Air Fare Tips: Avoiding Rips and Insane Prices

In summary, Southwest Airlines from Long Island has great deals for airfare and does not include taxes when the fare is booked. Southwest Airlines from Long Island is the cheapest flight to fly into Midway Airport.
Kelley Sells
Okay, let's all share, I'm having a funky time getting decent air fare.....I had one that boasted 85.00 round trip, yeah THEN tack on the 96.00 worth of TAXES.....what a RIP.....last year we had 114.00 that included taxes so that was INSANE.....

If you have a good rate or a good place to look, please share with us:eek:

Southwest Airlines always has great deals. They fly into Midway. Just an easy train ride downtown to the hotels.

Southwest Airlines from Long Island $98 round trip included taxes!!!!

letscook04 said:
Southwest Airlines from Long Island $98 round trip included taxes!!!!
From Providence too! Wish I could go :(

See, when I checked Southwest, the wanted $222!!! So, I'm flying Delta!

Okay, I just checked Southwest again and they want $203 roundtrip. It's $92 for one way. I checked Delta again and they want $158 when I paid $143 so that's not too bad. I am flying into O'Hare though.

PampMomof3 said:
Okay, I just checked Southwest again and they want $203 roundtrip. It's $92 for one way. I checked Delta again and they want $158 when I paid $143 so that's not too bad. I am flying into O'Hare though.

Can I ask where you are flying out of? My sister is getting married in Key West on 7/7/07 and I have to fly out the next day so I was looking at Miami and all the flights I've found are like 7AM, there is no way I could get there that early from Key West!

Kristi is flying from Orlando.

Thanks Deb! Yes, I am flying straight out of Orlando.

My plane leaves at 7:45am, has a layover in Cincinnati for an hour and I arrive to Chicago at 10:59am!

My flight leaves Chicago at 4:45 pm after Conference.:)

The cheapest flight I can find is $200 before taxes and such. That really stinks because last year I only paid $118 total!!!

I'm booked on Southwest from BWI into Midway, for $122.20 total. One stop going, and Non-stop returning. I am so excited!!!

Woo hooo!!!

And it's just a quick ride on the Orange line train to get downtown!

DebbieJ said:
Woo hooo!!!

And it's just a quick ride on the Orange line train to get downtown!

Last year there was a bunch of us going, and we split the cost of a limo. How cool was that! I'm not sure how we are going to get there this year. I don't know which hotel we will be staying in yet. I'm willing to try the train. How much is it?

The train is $2.

Once they officially announce the hotels, I'll research the routes and post them for everyone with door to door directions.

Thanks Deb! You're the best!!:D

Mine was 138 RT from Pittsburgh via Southwest :)
So excited!! There are like 8 of us on the same filght so that will be a blast :)

DebbieJ said:
The train is $2.

Once they officially announce the hotels, I'll research the routes and post them for everyone with door to door directions.

Thank you Deb!!

Northwest has airfare for $98 including taxes from MSP to CHI right now... FYI!!! :)

I'm so jealous of all of you with cheap flights. The cheapest I've found so far was $250, and when I tried Southwest, they wanted $300. That's way too far out of my budget...

I just got $138 (on Air Trans) from Boston yesterday. what airport are you flying out of? usually Manchester is cheaper than Logan.

Coming out of PRovidencebut noticed that the flights from Logan are cheaper on that Air Trans, but last year we got 113.00 round trip non stop from Providence, took two vans in and left them for the time, and that was AWESOME......it cost 30.00 per vehicle to leave them there, v.s. taking in a limo each way.

I just wanna book a flight at a decent price, too bad that HO didn't have a deal for us.....

southwest is 49.00 one way from Cleveland to Midway...whoohoooo

Karlene,SHOW OFF.....LOL...that is an AWESOME fare.....amazing how the prices go up and up and up huh? LOL...

I finally BOOKED my flight last night. 69.00 each way with Air Tran from Boston......

So if ANYONE is flying out on the 11th from Boston on Air Trans, let me know.....

Woo Hoo......I'm on my way.....

Hi Kelly!
So far there are seven of us flying AirTran out of Boston on the 11th at 6:45 AM, so look for us if you will be on the same flight. It was the only non-stop available and the price of $158 RT was the best we found when we looked at leaving from either Manchester or Boston. We usually take Southwest, but their only RT were $278!

Now we just need to get the hotel info. I tried calling "Travel Planners" who take the reservations for the rooms, but they said that we can't book until April 4th.

hey Janet,
there will be 4 from my cluster on that flight too!

Last edited:
reba515 said:
hey Janet,
there will be 4 from my cluster on that flight too!

So who's bringing breakfast??? ;)

We'll probably be staying at the Sheraton, if we can get in there. Which Exec. Director Banquet will you attend? We're part of Chris Manion's downline.

Shoot - you all are making me jealous. I haven't found anything cheaper than $260. Am still looking and want to see how some people do a group fare maybe I can find enough people in Houston to get a deal.

chefjanet said:

We'll probably be staying at the Sheraton, if we can get in there. Which Exec. Director Banquet will you attend? We're part of Chris Manion's downline.

Joanne Wilhem's
I vote directors bring breakfast!:D

chef_kimmo said:
Shoot - you all are making me jealous. I haven't found anything cheaper than $260. Am still looking and want to see how some people do a group fare maybe I can find enough people in Houston to get a deal.

I hear you Kim.... WEST cost fares arre still @ $300.00 min. I sure love it when I finally get it booked :p

chefjanet said:

What hotel is attached to McCormick Place? That is where my cluster is staying. Last year my Director reserved rooms for the entire block of conference time this year to make sure that was the hotel we got. No shuttle for me!! LOL!! Maybe I will actually make a breakfast this year!

I just sawthat on Expedia.com last night....is that the Hilton? LOL...can't remember, old age ya know.....I was thinking the same thing about the shuttles....LOL...I really want the Sheraton Towers down my the Navy Pier....I can't WAIT for them to let us know what hotels are "conference Hotels".......woo hoo.....

12:00 flight
chefjanet said:
Hi Kelly!
So far there are seven of us flying AirTran out of Boston on the 11th at 6:45 AM, so look for us if you will be on the same flight. It was the only non-stop available and the price of $158 RT was the best we found when we looked at leaving from either Manchester or Boston. We usually take Southwest, but their only RT were $278!

Now we just need to get the hotel info. I tried calling "Travel Planners" who take the reservations for the rooms, but they said that we can't book until April 4th.

We got a non stop out around 12:00.....;O(....would have been awesome to take all the seats on the plane with PC Consultants huh? Hey, we could do an "onboard" cooking show....LOL...

My son will be in Boot Camp for the Navy and looks like his graduation ceremonies will be the same week, so I may be going out EARLIER or staying LATER....LOL...woo hoo, my TWO favorite things, my Son and PC....LOL....

I wish there would be cheffers on my flight!!! Ugh! I hate flying ALONE.:(

Can I ask where you are flying out of? My sister is getting married in Key West on 7/7/07 and I have to fly out the next day so I was looking at Miami and all the flights I've found are like 7AM, there is no way I could get there that early from Key West!

Gee we are in the same boat I think here. My stepdaughter is getting married out of state in NJ. (We live in TX) She is getting married on 07/08/07 (she wanted 07/07/07-didn't work out). I fly home on the 9th and then back out to Chicago on the 11th. I sure I hope I can get some shows in July with all the time I will be gone!

if you are still looking for a flight....
My suggestion is to download Southwest's Ding! Alert. I did this (mid March)and booked my flight out of Providence RI (and my Director's out of Hartford Ct) for $29.00 going to Chicago and $109 coming home on the 15th!!! :)
You can set it up for multiple airports. The only "catch" is you have a limited amount of time to book the flights. But, the fares are lower than the published ones on the regualr site!!! Just a thought...

we are flying AA round trip for 108.00 But we booked about 3-4 weeks ago.

Anyone seen any good airfare from Texas - Particularly Dallas/FW I want to change my tour but not until I get my air fare situatied Hubby usually does this for me.

I could only dream of prices like this! It makes me want to move closer to Chicago! I paid over $400 for my ticket! And that was a deal! Most are going for over $500 out here!:eek: :rolleyes:

Megabus, $8 one way from Indy! :p

Well, gee, we found some cheap flights too! Only $900 from Frankfurt, Germany, to Chicago round trip! LOL!

ChefKrisB said:
if you are still looking for a flight....
My suggestion is to download Southwest's Ding! Alert. I did this (mid March)and booked my flight out of Providence RI (and my Director's out of Hartford Ct) for $29.00 going to Chicago and $109 coming home on the 15th!!! :)
You can set it up for multiple airports. The only "catch" is you have a limited amount of time to book the flights. But, the fares are lower than the published ones on the regualr site!!! Just a thought...

We did Southwest!!! We also checked sidestep too (it usually my fave site)
Its $200pp round trip taxes, fees, everything. It was the best price I found for where we are coming from.

:rolleyes: yeah, bite me! Hoosierchef!!!!! :D :p LOL! LMBO! Just kidding! That makes me want to cry! Seriously though, I hope you can appreciate what a deal you have!;) :p :D

Last edited:
Smilin' Cathy! I'm so happy we have this now. When I went 5 years ago we carpooled and had to pay to park. That royally sucked. I can't imagine with Gas Prices being the way they are, how much that would cost us today!! Probably almost as much as flying!

I feel for everyone who does have to fly in though. It really is a "Big Investment" in your business, but it really pays off "Big Time." I can't wait to meet everyone!

oh crap! I totally murdered your name! hoosierchef! But I went back and edited it! I really do know how to read and write! I "gadiated"! I really did!:D LOL! Haha! Well, at least you know how lucky you are and appreciate your deal! I'll tell you what, with gas prices as bad as they are,:eek: it is probably not a great idea to drive, unless you have a whole van full, and everyone splits the cost!:rolleyes:

I am traveling from Alaska and I am leaving 6am Wednesday and come home 11pm Sunday. Unless I want to over night in Seattle both ways (more hotel cost). I only wish I had the option of good price tickets.

yummybytes said:
Mine was 138 RT from Pittsburgh via Southwest :)
So excited!! There are like 8 of us on the same filght so that will be a blast :)

Jenn,
I finally decided to go to Conference, and also booked a Southwest flight, out of Pittsburgh.
I was just wondering, what flight schedule are you and your friends on? :confused:
My upline director is going out on Wednesday, but I'm not leaving until Thursday morning, the 12th. My flight is the 9:35 A.M. flight. My director and I are on the same flight coming back on Saturday, at 4:40...

Paula:)

My whole cluster we went thru cheapair.com and got r/t tickets from Los angeles for 275.00 not bad, they were running about 350.00 from other sites

I just heard an ad on the radio for AirTran. From Boston (I think) to Chicago like $69.00 each way!!! You may want to go to www.airtran.com

Ok I put in Boston to Midway and the total was $178.80!!! I don't think the sale will last long.

<H2>1. What are some tips for avoiding high airfare prices?</H2><p>One tip for avoiding high airfare prices is to be flexible with your travel dates. Booking on less popular days, such as Tuesdays or Wednesdays, can often result in lower prices. Additionally, booking well in advance or last minute can sometimes lead to discounted fares. Another tip is to consider alternate airports or routes, as they may offer cheaper options.</p><H2>2. How can I find the best airfare deals?</H2><p>There are a few ways to find the best airfare deals. First, sign up for email alerts from airlines or travel websites to stay informed about sales and promotions. It's also helpful to compare prices across multiple websites and to use search engines that specifically cater to finding cheap flights. Finally, consider using airline miles or credit card rewards to offset the cost of airfare.</p><H2>3. Are there any hidden fees or taxes I should be aware of when booking airfare?</H2><p>Yes, there are often hidden fees and taxes associated with airfare that can significantly increase the overall cost of your ticket. It's important to read the fine print and be aware of these fees before booking. Some common fees include baggage fees, seat selection fees, and booking fees. Taxes can also vary depending on the destination and can add a significant amount to your fare.</p><H2>4. What can I do if I've already booked a flight and find a better deal later on?</H2><p>If you've already booked a flight and find a better deal later on, you may be able to cancel or change your reservation. However, this will depend on the airline's policies and the type of ticket you purchased. It's always a good idea to check the airline's cancellation and change policies before booking a flight.</p><H2>5. Are there any additional tips for getting the best airfare prices?</H2><p>In addition to being flexible with your travel dates and comparing prices, there are a few other tips for getting the best airfare prices. Consider booking a connecting flight instead of a non-stop, as they are often cheaper. Also, try to avoid peak travel times, such as holidays and weekends, as prices tend to be higher during these times. Lastly, consider bundling your flight with a hotel or rental car to potentially save money on your overall trip.</p>

1. What are some tips for avoiding high airfare prices?

One tip for avoiding high airfare prices is to be flexible with your travel dates. Booking on less popular days, such as Tuesdays or Wednesdays, can often result in lower prices. Additionally, booking well in advance or last minute can sometimes lead to discounted fares. Another tip is to consider alternate airports or routes, as they may offer cheaper options.

2. How can I find the best airfare deals?

There are a few ways to find the best airfare deals. First, sign up for email alerts from airlines or travel websites to stay informed about sales and promotions. It's also helpful to compare prices across multiple websites and to use search engines that specifically cater to finding cheap flights. Finally, consider using airline miles or credit card rewards to offset the cost of airfare.

3. Are there any hidden fees or taxes I should be aware of when booking airfare?

Yes, there are often hidden fees and taxes associated with airfare that can significantly increase the overall cost of your ticket. It's important to read the fine print and be aware of these fees before booking. Some common fees include baggage fees, seat selection fees, and booking fees. Taxes can also vary depending on the destination and can add a significant amount to your fare.

4. What can I do if I've already booked a flight and find a better deal later on?

If you've already booked a flight and find a better deal later on, you may be able to cancel or change your reservation. However, this will depend on the airline's policies and the type of ticket you purchased. It's always a good idea to check the airline's cancellation and change policies before booking a flight.

5. Are there any additional tips for getting the best airfare prices?

In addition to being flexible with your travel dates and comparing prices, there are a few other tips for getting the best airfare prices. Consider booking a connecting flight instead of a non-stop, as they are often cheaper. Also, try to avoid peak travel times, such as holidays and weekends, as prices tend to be higher during these times. Lastly, consider bundling your flight with a hotel or rental car to potentially save money on your overall trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • kcjodih