• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Send Unique Virtual Gifts with a Personal Touch - Pampering Chefs

In summary, the girl, Amanda, has set up a facebook application to send your friends PC gifts WITH a link to her personal web site!!!!!!
ughubug
Last edited:
Send a report to the HO with the link to her FB page.

kdangel518 said:
Send a report to the HO with the link to her FB page.

Yes, you need to send it to [email protected], and put FB violation in the subject line.

you can set up virtual games like farm on your FB page? I want to learn how to do that. Not with pc of course, but with rescue dogs. How can I find what she did before HO shuts her down?

just so you aren't adding to the flame- you probably should modify the link in your post- so it doesn't actually go to HER page.

Bwah ha ha! You definitely have to give her two thumbs up for creativity. ;)

Sheila said:
Bwah ha ha! You definitely have to give her two thumbs up for creativity. ;)

Yep, she gets the prize tonight! :thumbup: ;)

I got that too...must be someone I know! Very disappointed in them whoever it is!

Now I'm a little confused as to what exactly this is. Someone sent me a Pampering Chefs Gifts application gift. I didn't see any mention of a consultant or ordering online to anyone's website. I thought it was harmless and so I sent gifts out to some people too. Then I saw this and I started getting all nervous...cause my name is Amanda. :D But it's not me that she's referring to, so I was relieved. I went back to that FB application that was sent to me and that I sent out and I didn't see anything on there that was consultant specific or anything. Just showed great PC products. So...I'm really confused as to what this girl did and if she created the whole thing, or if she tweaked it for her own website somehow or what. So if you get a gift, it might not necessarily be someone doing what she did, it could be someone like me who is sending a gift thinking it's harmless (like the Flair buttons that say PC on them). Maybe I'm wrong though...someone correct me, please. :)

Amanda- The wrong thing is that she linked to her website.

babywings76 said:
Now I'm a little confused as to what exactly this is. Someone sent me a Pampering Chefs Gifts application gift. I didn't see any mention of a consultant or ordering online to anyone's website. I thought it was harmless and so I sent gifts out to some people too. Then I saw this and I started getting all nervous...cause my name is Amanda. :D But it's not me that she's referring to, so I was relieved. I went back to that FB application that was sent to me and that I sent out and I didn't see anything on there that was consultant specific or anything. Just showed great PC products.

So...I'm really confused as to what this girl did and if she created the whole thing, or if she tweaked it for her own website somehow or what.

So if you get a gift, it might not necessarily be someone doing what she did, it could be someone like me who is sending a gift thinking it's harmless (like the Flair buttons that say PC on them). Maybe I'm wrong though...someone correct me, please. :)

LOL - I thought she was referring to you at first too, Amanda, since I'd gotten one from you, and I went back and couldn't find any link in it...and then I clicked the link on here and knew it wasn't you. Whew! I KNEW you wouldn't do that purposely!

If it uses HO images, that's also a violation of copyright.

Becky, I love your quote! So OT, I know!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I thought she was referring to you at first too, Amanda, since I'd gotten one from you, and I went back and couldn't find any link in it...and then I clicked the link on here and knew it wasn't you. Whew! I KNEW you wouldn't do that purposely!

Phew! Glad to know it all checked out okay. I tell ya...my heart jumped when I read the original post and thought "Oh no! I did something wrong...they are totally going to kick me out of here!" :eek: :blushing: :D I hopped onto FB so stinkin' fast to check things out. Nothing like a little panic to keep me on my toes! :cool: And I appreciate your vote of confidence! :) :angel: :D

Don't you think it would be a nice gesture to send a private message to whomever it is that owns that facebook account and let them know that you were concerned that she has violated HO policy and encourage her to not post such advertisements on the web? Maybe she honestly is not aware that she is doing something wrong. I am sorry but sometimes some of you sound like you are so excited to *catch* someone doing something wrong and turn them in to HO. I am sure someone will comment about how we should all know better and it is our responsibility to know the rules etc but I would like to think we, as consultants, are *family* and are looking out for each other...not just out for ourselves. (just my humble opinion...consultant for 6 months)

patty42240 said:
Don't you think it would be a nice gesture to send a private message to whomever it is that owns that facebook account and let them know that you were concerned that she has violated HO policy and encourage her to not post such advertisements on the web? Maybe she honestly is not aware that she is doing something wrong. I am sorry but sometimes some of you sound like you are so excited to *catch* someone doing something wrong and turn them in to HO. I am sure someone will comment about how we should all know better and it is our responsibility to know the rules etc but I would like to think we, as consultants, are *family* and are looking out for each other...not just out for ourselves. (just my humble opinion...consultant for 6 months)

Many of us have tried that approach, and have been treated HORRIBLY, called names (and worse), etc... by the persons violating the rules just for trying to be nice about it. The best thing to do is to let HO take care of it.

But if you'd like to do that....you can! :D

Patty, I had the same theory when I first joined this site. But unfortunately, not all offenders take the news with appreciation, they get mad. Some of the members on this forum have tried that route in the past and been bitten by the offender rather than thanked. It's easier for the offender to be mad at HO then to be out there complaining about YOU. Especially if you both do business in the same area where bad rumors about you could hurt your business. Does that make sense? It's better for HO to take on that battle rather than you wasting your time and energy in a debate with an offender.

Wait, a minute!!! I only sent Lynnette, my mom, a garlic press AFTER one was sent to my. I DID NOT set up anytype of game. And I sent it only to mom so that she could see it. MY PC WEBSITE IS NOT ON FACEBOOK ANYWHERE.

cwinter474 said:
Wait, a minute!!! I only sent Lynnette, my mom, a garlic press AFTER one was sent to my. I DID NOT set up anytype of game. And I sent it only to mom so that she could see it. MY PC WEBSITE IS NOT ON FACEBOOK ANYWHERE.

Is your name "Amanda Austin Schrof"? That's who they are talking about.

Interesting about the name... It now says, Amanda Lee (Amanda Dykes) as the Developer! She has her FB blocked except for friends! Not sure if it was "harmless" or not but to me, it was wrong to use proprietary images from HO considering that is an internet violation. Unless she is VERY brand new and did not get any training at all from anyone, she is well aware of the HO internet policies!Anyone of you who sent these out, I know it was perfectly innocent! Amanda, I was thinking to myself, "No way is this our "babywings" Amanda! She would never do that!"

The problem is that the original creator used HO images and if you send to someone is does mention her personal website. She has a line about if you want to send your friends gifts for real go to http://www.pamperedchef.biz/(her name)

Anyone still have a link to this application? I can't find it and wondering if she has taken it down. I did do a search on "Pampered Chef" and it told me there was 985 results including some from some of us on FB! ARGH!

Sheila said:
Is your name "Amanda Austin Schrof"? That's who they are talking about.

excuse me, panic mode struck

It's still around...you just have to read the information to find it. I'd just let HO deal with what they need to as they wish.

Got a message back from "Amanda"! Here it is:"Thank you for this warning! I really had no idea it would be so popular! I can't figure out how to deactivate it (or delete it for that matter) so my husband and I are going to take our own photos this weekend! Thank you again, God Bless!"Can anyone tell me how to tell her to delete it! Guess there are some people out there who really are "innocent"!

What is the Facebook application for Pampered Chef?

The Facebook application for Pampered Chef is a tool that allows you to easily browse and purchase our products, share recipes and cooking tips, and connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts.

How do I access the Pampered Chef Facebook application?

To access the Pampered Chef Facebook application, simply go to our Facebook page and click on the "Shop Now" button on the left-hand side of the page. This will take you directly to our application.

Do I need a Facebook account to use the Pampered Chef Facebook application?

Yes, you will need a Facebook account in order to use the Pampered Chef Facebook application. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can easily create one for free on the Facebook website.

Can I make purchases through the Pampered Chef Facebook application?

Yes, you can make purchases through the Pampered Chef Facebook application. Simply browse our products and add items to your cart, and then proceed to checkout. You will be prompted to enter your payment and shipping information just like on our website.

Is my personal information secure when using the Pampered Chef Facebook application?

Yes, your personal information is secure when using the Pampered Chef Facebook application. We use industry-standard security measures to protect your information and ensure a safe and secure shopping experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Aprilthediningdiva
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Aprilthediningdiva
  • Judybabe
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • NooraK