1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Seasonal Dessert Recipe

1. RossDeb2

RossDeb2 Member Gold Member

I'm looking for a dessert recipe to demo for a group of 20+, that will appeal to both male and female guests. My hostess would like to use seasonal fruit, loves to bake, and all the men are cooks who are very interested in the knives. I am not really into sweets and do not have very much experience with sweet recipes. In my family, the men only like cookies and brownies, not really into "fancy" desserts. I welcome suggestions and hints.Thanks. How about the Summer Berry Shortcakes? Is that a recipe that would appeal to both sexes? That uses a lot of tools and fits the bill. Any other ideas?

Jul 9, 2009
  2. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

A trifle would be good! They are easy to make, taste great and look good too.

You can do something berry, something chocolate or perhaps a mixture of both. You could make two (even if you only have one trifle bowl you can make one ahead in something else).

It always looks impressive and is easy!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Jul 9, 2009
  3. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Pina Colada Upside Down Cake??

Jul 9, 2009
  4. RossDeb2

RossDeb2 Member Gold Member

Do you think the guys would be interested a trifle?

Jul 9, 2009
  5. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

My husband loves trifles. There are always several when we have gatherings at church and the guys seem to love them just as much as the women.

Jul 9, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

My DH and DS LOVE the Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle, and the Red, White & Blueberry Trifle too.

Jul 9, 2009
Have something to add?