• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rustic Focaccia at My First Show...soon!

what am I doing wrong?You might need to let the dough rest for a bit after you mix it. You can try mixing in a little oil or fat before you add the water.
mirandalea
I'm a brand new consultant and I have my first four shows booked close together so I can close them by the 31st and get my Executive Skillet. My first one is Tuesday, and I'm planning to make Rustic Focaccia. I've made it twice at home and it was good, but I just wanted to see if anyone has any great tips for me. (about the recipe or the 'first show jitters') I'm starting to get a little nervous as it draws nearer. Does anyone have any great "what not to do" stories?? One other thing-- I've had a little trouble getting the corners of the square pizza dough rolled into shape for my round stone. Could I just roll out the dough and cut off the extra with the Utility Knife? Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Well, you've done the recipe a couple times so I wouldn't worry about that one! Tell them a story about the first time you made it even if you had a problem with it - make that a joke...

First show jitters? Relax! Have fun! Tell them it's your first show and how excited but nervous you are. Write out what you want to say on cards and refer to them - I did that for 6 months! Laugh at yourself if you need to. Remember we are the Pampered Chef not the perfect chef. ;)

When you are doing a recipe that calls for a lot of chopping and preparing do as much of it before the guests arrive as you can and just save a little to demo the products (use the prep bowls or SA bowls or leave the food in little piles on the cutting board until you're ready to put it all together).

Square pizza dough to round: Keep the dough in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. As you are unrolling it from the tube shape start reshaping. Move it about in a general circle as you are placing it on the stone and use the baker's roller to finish the shaping. You can cut off the corners if you want and if you need to put the dough on the sides to reshape. You can also roll it to be square on the round stone.

Thanks for the advice! I was so not nervous when I signed up, just excited! I knew things would change as it drew near, though. I'm getting butterflies now every time I think of that first show. My cousin is hosting, so I'll know almost everyone there, and that'll help. I'm really excited to make a success of this so I can get rid of my second job. I've got my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Go with the flow. When I am using pizza dough from a can, I use the rectangle stone so I don’t' have to fight with shaping it. I save my round stone for crescent roll rings.

Oops, maybe you don't have the rectangle stone yet. . . If not, maybe your cousin owns it?

You'll do great. Have fun and be sure to breathe!!

I did the roasted pepper & black olive focaccia for my first 4 parties....it was so easy & you get to show alot of products making it. You have everything you need from your SS except the medium bar pan. Maybe your recruiter or director can lend you 1. You can prepare almost the entire thing ahead of time. Anyway...Good Luck & dont worry, you'll be fine!

My mom got me the rectangle stone for my birrthday, so I'll use that. I guess I was just so locked in to doing it like the recipe said, I never even thought of that. DUH!!! I'm lol at myself. Well, I guess that's one less thing to worry about at my show. I was having nightmares about trying to fight the dough during my demo and looking like a dork. Now if I look like a dork, it will be because of some other reason. :D

BethCooks4U said:
Square pizza dough to round: Keep the dough in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. As you are unrolling it from the tube shape start reshaping. Move it about in a general circle as you are placing it on the stone and use the baker's roller to finish the shaping. You can cut off the corners if you want and if you need to put the dough on the sides to reshape. You can also roll it to be square on the round stone.

Ok I don't want to make you nervous, but I need to ask.....I just made the antipasto pizza using the pillsbury dough... I couldn't get it to be round and stretch out to the edges of the pizza stone. Is that because I kept it out too long? It's been a long time since I tried to make them round (I use my bar pan now).

My advice is to remember it's Pampered Chef not Perfect Chef. Ask them to help you (since it's your 1st show) and ask them to introduce themselves and state their favorite tool (they can sell it alot easier than you can to their friends), and this will losen you up hearing how much they love the products. Make note cards with your outline then go with the flow. Don't ask them to fill out the slips until AFTER you are done so they'll have gotten to know you and whether they'll want you to come to your house (if you ask them to fill them at the start, more will put no). Report back, we want to hear how it went!
:)

Remember to promote bookings! (Add a card to your pile, if you're doing those.) I was so nervous my first KS, that I forgot to mention it.. it was terrible. But, you live and learn! :)

What is the recipe for Rustic Focaccia at My First Show?

The recipe for Rustic Focaccia at My First Show can be found in the Pampered Chef recipe book or on our website. It includes flour, yeast, olive oil, salt, and a variety of toppings such as rosemary, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.

Can the Rustic Focaccia be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the baked focaccia for up to 3 months. Just thaw and reheat it in the oven before serving.

Do I need any special tools to make the Rustic Focaccia?

No, you do not need any special tools. However, a baking stone or sheet pan will help create a crispy crust. You can also use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the focaccia into desired shapes and sizes.

Can I customize the toppings on my Rustic Focaccia?

Yes, you can be creative and use any toppings you like on your Rustic Focaccia. Popular options include olives, tomatoes, onions, and different types of cheese. You can even make a sweet version with toppings like figs and honey.

How many servings does the Rustic Focaccia recipe make?

The Rustic Focaccia recipe makes about 8-10 servings. However, this may vary depending on the size and thickness of the slices. You can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bowlersbus
Replies
Views
Stacys
  • WendyAebi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies