• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving Mac Version of PP: Fun Insights from PP/P3 Users

well, not our house, but at his house and she's got a PC... :)PCs are just different enough that people with only Windows experience can find them confusing. DH and I are ALWAYS having to talk my SIL through things when she's at... well, not our house, but at his house and she's got a PC... :)

Hello....

• I'm a Mac

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • and I'm a PC

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Both for me, thanks!

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • What?!?

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
chefann
Gold Member
I just thought this would be fun, based on some of the questions that come up about PP/P3 and operating systems.

It's not scientific, but if we can illustrate that there's a need, maybe we can get the Mac version of PP back (there was one more than 6 years ago). :)

Sorry - I'm a PC.....:(

Can we still be friends?:confused:

Sure. I won't hold your choice of operating system against you.

I'm a PC aspiring to be a Mac (when I'm not nearly so broke!)

If I were into graphics, I would be both. I like PCs because you CAN screw them up. I know that sounds weird, but when I screw something up and can figure out how to fix it, I learn a lot and understand how things work!

cmdtrgd said:
If I were into graphics, I would be both. I like PCs because you CAN screw them up. I know that sounds weird, but when I screw something up and can figure out how to fix it, I learn a lot and understand how things work!

I know what you mean exactly. 4 years ago, I built my own PC just to see if I could (with knowledge help from an online IT friend). It really helped me understand how things work in sync with one another.

I want a Mac for sheer reliability and if I could ditch this Dell laptop I would have a Macbook in a minute!

My DH was a PC guy, and wondered if I was crazy when I bought a Mac 10 years ago. I was used to them from college, and the particular piece of software I wanted was Mac-only at that point. I got him hooked. Of the computers in the house that we actually use (there are a couple old ones in the basement), we've got 4 Macs and 1 PC (my laptop for P3).

I am an educator and think that Mac is the only way to go. Right now I run PP3 on my in-law's PC. Although only a minor inconvienence. (We're at MIL's QUITE frequently!!) there are so many things that I could do differently with a Macbook!!!!! I hope the "lurker" takes notice of this thread!
:)

Hi, I'm Ann and I'm a Post Sl...Oops. Wrong thread. Carry on.

Hubby is a Mac, I'm a PC. Wonder what our babies will be???:eek:

Hey- you rhymed!

I was going to be getting a Mac last year, but then I joined Pampered Chef and PP only ran on PCs, so a Toshiba laptop it was... however I still stop and touch and look longingly at the Macbooks when I walk by :)

Ya shouldda bought the Mac anyway, and just run Windoze for P².

You mean you can run windows on a Mac?!? Nobody ever told me this! Darn it! Well on my next computer come 2-3 years from now (when P3 will be Mac approved anyways I hope) I shall definitely be getting a Mac!

Ann, your phone's ringing.

GourmetGirl said:
You mean you can run windows on a Mac?!? Nobody ever told me this! Darn it! Well on my next computer come 2-3 years from now (when P3 will be Mac approved anyways I hope) I shall definitely be getting a Mac!

Maybe by then we'll have P3 for Windows in Canada.

GourmetGirl said:
New Macs have Intel chips in them, which allow them to run Windows. It runs through an emulator, but they're much better than the old emulators (I had Virtual PC on my 2000 G4 to run PP, and it really sucked). DH knows more about it than me, because he's got 2 (!) Intel-based Macs (his MacBook and his iMac) and he occasionally runs games using Boot Camp.

My next laptop will be a MacBook, but it probably won't be for a couple of years.

In the meantime, all Mac users should request a Mac version of P3.

Used Macs in college (N Ky Univ) and hated them. Maybe they were crappy ones, but just really didn't like them. Of course, I'm also a bit leming at times and seem to be so when it comes to this box on my desk... so of course I got a PC (actually, was a gift from the FIL, so wouldn't complain no matter what it was!)

They are just different enough that people with only Windows experience can find them confusing. DH and I are ALWAYS having to talk my SIL through things when she's at my in-laws on their computer (which is my old Mac).

Originally I was only a PC user as that is how I grew up. However, once I became a teacher, I had to become proficient at using Macs. I had so much training on Macs that I grew to love them. Alas, I joined PC and had to buy a PC and since my DH uses only PCs, that is mainly what we use now (although I go have an old G4 next to my PC that we use once in a great while).

If only you could get all programs to run on Mac (without using an emulator).....

I voted Mac because that'll be my next purchase. I'll never buy a Windows PC again. Ever. I'm done.

katie0128 said:
Used Macs in college (N Ky Univ) and hated them. Maybe they were crappy ones, but just really didn't like them. Of course, I'm also a bit leming at times and seem to be so when it comes to this box on my desk... so of course I got a PC (actually, was a gift from the FIL, so wouldn't complain no matter what it was!)
Lemmings?

You need to go watch http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-715862862672743260 from 1984. It was an award winner and was shown only ONCE.

Thanks for posting that KG...I've seen that commercial recently, but didn't know it was the Macintosh introductory commercial (obviously I didn't see the ending part).

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Lemmings?

You need to go watch http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-715862862672743260 from 1984. It was an award winner and was shown only ONCE.

See, you knew what I meant even when I can't type!

If you've ever seen the movie, 1984, (the 1956 version, not the remake) based on the George Orwell book, you'd appreciate that spot even more!

Nope, I haven't seen that one. I've only read the book. Summer watching maybe???

I haven't seen it in several years, but I do remember that it was very disturbing when I saw it as a kid.Animal Farm is another one that's worth going back to re-read. See if any of the characters in Animal Farm remind you of anyone in the American politcal scene today. It's kinda scarey, actually.

The commercial is pretty scary...I can't imagine the movie would be any less scary.

Animal Farm...yet another classic I'll need to pull out.

Big Brother Is Watching.Yikes - today, Big Brother IS watching! Intersection cameras enforcing laws, video cameras everywhere...Orwell was quite a visionary.

Related to Reviving Mac Version of PP: Fun Insights from PP/P3 Users

1. What is PP/P3 and why is it important to have a Mac version?

PP/P3 is a popular software program used for data analysis and visualization. It is important to have a Mac version because many users prefer to work on a Mac operating system and may not have access to a Windows computer.

2. Why was the Mac version of PP discontinued?

The Mac version of PP was discontinued due to financial reasons and a lack of demand for the product at the time. The company decided to focus on the Windows version, which had a larger user base.

3. Can the Windows version of PP be used on a Mac through emulation?

Yes, the Windows version of PP can be used on a Mac through an emulation software such as Bootcamp or Parallels. However, this may not be a feasible solution for all users and a native Mac version would be more convenient.

4. Are there any alternative software programs for Mac that are similar to PP/P3?

Yes, there are several alternative software programs for Mac that offer similar features to PP/P3. Some popular options include Tableau, QlikView, and IBM Watson Analytics.

5. Is there a chance that the Mac version of PP will be revived in the future?

While there are currently no plans to revive the Mac version of PP, there is always a possibility that the company may reconsider in the future if there is enough demand for it. We encourage users to voice their support for a Mac version to increase the chances of it being revived.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
legacypc46