• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Replying to Party Host Inquiry - Shipping Options and Time Availability

In summary, Carolyn said that she can only do one of two things: either tell everyone that due to time constraints they are unable to offer the Ship-to-Host option or announce that any of the guests who are willing to come & pick up their order from her can choose the Ship-to-Host option.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
How do I reply?
==========================

Carolyn,

Thanks again for another fun party! I have a few questions for you about hosting the party on July 22nd since my husband is upset that I have again over-extended myself between work and the kids.

1. Is it possible to get my friends' orders shipped directly to them? I have several people from my old job and nother friends that don't live near-by who will not want to pick up the orders, and I won't have the time with my new job to deliver it to them.

2. I work until 6:15 every night so if I arrive home by 6:30, will that give me enough time to set-up, etc?

Thanks and sorry to be a pain, I just want to make sure I am capable of hosting a successful party for both of us...

If you don't think it's do-able for me in light of my questions, I plan on ordering the baking dish and possibly another item from last night's party before you close it.

Thanks again:)
=====================================================

I would be happy to come bag up her orders for her but I can't be delivering all her friends' stuff...so what do I tell her without losing the booking?

As you probably know, I'm really NEW to the whole "ship to host" thing since the military prohibits that. Is it normal for the host to deliver? I've been telling people that they should have it shipped to them unless they are are close enough and willing to drive back over to the hosts house to pick up their order on/about _____ date. If so, they can save money by doing ship-to-host, but if they are not close enough for that to be cost effective for them, then they might want to just go ahead & pay the Direct shipping rate so they don't have the extra hassle or gas expense. LOL Maybe she would be okay with that option?Was the time an issue? I'm not sure what time you have scheduled her show or how long you need to get set up for the show.

The sure is at 7 so the issue is delivery, not time. How do I word it so I don't come off sounding nasty?

What if you give the guest the option of pick it up from the host or direct ship? Would the host go for offering a evening/day option for pick up by the guest at her home? She wouldn't have to do anything but be home and the guest wouldn't be spending the extra $ for direct?

If you REALLY need the booking and the host is firm on NOT having them pick-up/deliver, you could tell everyone for THIS SHOW ONLY all orders will be direct ship per the host request. For orders over xxx you will give them a x discount on shipping charges to off-set the extra charge. I know it comes out of your pocket/commission, but if you really need the show and you are willing to give a little it might be a win/win for both parties. Just an idea.

If you didn't want to go that route, just explain to the host exactly what the difference is in the charges. Maybe then she'll either have a change of heart or for those who live further away, at my parties they like the direct ship b/c they don't see the host often and want their items sooner.

Or see if someone from her old job would accept the delivery and possibly be a co-host as a thank you for doing it? Just a thought! :)

finley1991 said:
Or see if someone from her old job would accept the delivery and possibly be a co-host as a thank you for doing it? Just a thought! :)

That's what I was thinking too.

dannyzmom said:
... How do I word it so I don't come off sounding nasty?

How about ...

We can do one of two things, we can either tell everyone that due to time constraints you are unable to offer the Ship-to-Host option on your show and that everyone will need to select the Direct shipping option. Or we can announce at the show that any of the guests who are willing to come & pick up their order from you can choose the Ship-to-Host option, but if the guest is too far away to make it worth their time they will probably prefer the Direct shipping rate so that their items arrive on their own doorstep, saving them the time and hassle (and gas) of having to drive back over to your house to retrieve their purchase. Just let me know which way you prefer. Either is fine with me. And yes, 6:30 is okay and gives us plenty of time.

Great options laid out by everyone. It does get complicated. Today I did a bridal shower and the bride lives about 300 miles away. So she is the host, I had everyone with a personal order pay shipping. Which was good because everyone that is local to here has been put in MIL to be's name and it will be direct shipped to her. The shipping is over $50 so it is covered by having everyone pay for their shipping locally.

PS not to hi jack but the party was $1631!!! The bride to be is THRILLED and has gotten everything on her list!! I just may make the $3000 in June sales after all!!:party:

Way to go Ann! :D

Way to go Ann!! I copied & pasted Sheila's wording and the host replied back, "Great - thanks!"
Wahoo!

I often let my host know when the products are going to arrive. I then encourage my hosts to have a sorting party. Invite everyone back over on a certain day to sort their own products. Hosts love the idea and everyone gets to see what other people ordered and how much the host got for free. You can figure that all of the products will be delivered with in 10 business days of closing. It may not work for this show because of some guests live too far, but it works great for most of my hosts.

Glad it worked for you Carolyn! :D

1. What is "Hmmm Wording Help"?

"Hmmm Wording Help" is a service that provides assistance with crafting effective and impactful wording for various purposes, such as business documents, personal statements, and creative writing.

2. How does "Hmmm Wording Help" work?

First, you will submit your writing project and any specific requirements or goals you have in mind. Then, our team of experienced writers will carefully review your project and provide suggestions and edits for improving the wording. You will have the opportunity to review and discuss the changes before finalizing the wording for your project.

3. Who can benefit from "Hmmm Wording Help"?

Anyone who needs help with crafting effective wording for their writing projects can benefit from our services. This includes students, professionals, and individuals looking to improve their writing skills.

4. What types of projects does "Hmmm Wording Help" assist with?

We can assist with a wide range of projects, including essays, resumes, cover letters, business proposals, website content, and more. Our team has expertise in various industries and writing styles, so we can tailor our services to meet your specific needs.

5. How long does it take to receive assistance from "Hmmm Wording Help"?

The time frame for receiving assistance depends on the length and complexity of your project. We strive to provide timely and efficient services, and we will work with you to meet any deadlines you may have. Contact us for more information on our turnaround times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Heather92007
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Heather92007
  • Deanna Brown