• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Randy---Awesome Story---Take a Moment to Learn About Him

V
vwpamperedchef
Sadly Randy Pausch died from Cancer today--- http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup.html?v=803561582&pl=abcfannews.xml&config=&launchpoint=Link&cid=fanlink&attr=news_sidebar&tab=news

He was an inspiration to many---you can see his famous "Last Lecture" here. There is also a book to go with it.

YouTube - Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Prayers to his family during this time.

I saw this just a few minutes ago online.

What a brave man. Pray for his family in this time of loss - he has 3 young children. He left them quite a legacy.

I saw that this morning too. Hopefully the family will do o.k. Sounds like they have tons of memories!

I noticed that he passed away too this morning... I watched his last lecture twice a few months ago ( I think, it's been a while) what a "last lecture" everyone should watch it.. it was inspiring.. sad for his kids and wife and all their families, but I'm sure he's at peace now. What an amazing human being! if you haven't watched or read his last lecture you should.............. go now! ;)

:) no really, it's an eye opener for everyone.

He was such an inspiration to people. I have seen him on many shows since he was diagnosed and I think I cried every time I saw him.

Jess is right if you haven't seen it, go watch it he was truely amazing.
His family I sure is proud of the way he dealt with his illness and how strong he was to the end of his life.

Kelly V.

The Last Lecture is truly amazing. I had already shared it with family and friends and knowing my cheffer friends, I thought you'd like to see what an amazing legacy he's left for his children. He has really touched many lives during these last 10 months.

An amazing person and legacy he has left - we should all be inspired and live our lives like its the last day on earth - My prayers to his family and friends and somehow I know he is going to continue to inspire and guide each and everyone of us.... A true loss to the human race....

He definitely had a good heart for many. I will be praying for his family.

This is the kind of legacy I want to leave behind! I hope his family is doing OK.

I saw this on GMA this morning when the news broke and it saddened me so much, even tho I knew it was coming. I am in the middle of the book and have watched his last lecture on you tube a couple times. What an inspiration - if we could all live our lives like him what a wonderful world it would be. He has left an unbelivable gift to his children.

I picture him restored to perfection and gazing on the face of God.

I heard this today on my way to work. What a very sad day, but what a great gift he left his children.

OH, I saw him on Oprah...so inspiring. I'll have to watch the whole lecture later; I've only seen parts of it.

PamperedDor said:
An amazing person and legacy he has left - we should all be inspired and live our lives like its the last day on earth - My prayers to his family and friends and somehow I know he is going to continue to inspire and guide each and everyone of us.... A true loss to the human race....

Well said...I too cried everytime I heard this brave man speak. If we can only be half the human being this wonderful man was, we would accomplish so much in life.

We have made much progress on cancer, but I thought we would have come much further with this rotten disease by now. It has taken so many too soon.

Heaven has another angel. Prayers for strength and comfort for his family and friends.

Oh man. That is so sad. I watched his lecture on Oprah the first time and had my dh watch it on you tube after his story aired. What an inspiration.

His family and society have lost a great man.

Such sad news. What a heartbreaking time these last few months must have been for him and his family. My heart goes out to them.
Very inspiring!! I saw him on Oprah and have watched it again on YouTube. An amazing man!!

I saw him on Oprah and then I saw a Primtime special w/ Diane Sawyer featuring him...I had bookmarked his personal webpage that chronicled his journey and the last time I checked it was around July 4. My heart sank when I read that he had passed.

I also went to Barnes and Noble a few months back to get his book after it had been released and I couldn't find any on the New Release shelf...I asked an employee about it and she said they were all spoken for at that time (on hold) and showed me stacks and stacks of his books behind the counter, waiting to be claimed. I asked if I could just browse through one because I wanted to see what it looked like, and I liked how it looked, gave it back to the clerk and left. I think I will try to go back in the next couple weeks to get it. if it is available.

I feel for his wife and young kids, but they will grow up knowing they had a WONDERFUL life loving man as a father. If you have a chance and haven't seen his lecture I highly recommend downloading it. It might make you cry.

Related to Remembering Randy---Awesome Story---Take a Moment to Learn About Him

1. Who was Randy Pausch?

Randy Pausch was a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University, best known for his famous "Last Lecture" and the book that followed it.

2. What was Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" about?

Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" was about achieving your childhood dreams and how to live your life to the fullest. He gave the lecture after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and was an inspiration to many.

3. How did Randy Pausch die?

Randy Pausch passed away from pancreatic cancer on July 25, 2008 at the age of 47.

4. Where can I watch Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture"?

Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" can be watched on YouTube and other online platforms.

5. Is there a book about Randy Pausch's life and teachings?

Yes, there is a book titled "The Last Lecture" written by Randy Pausch and Jeffrey Zaslow, which expands on the themes discussed in his famous lecture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
sharalam