• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Remember the Chicken? Hilarious Blog Post by The Bloggess

In summary, a hilarious blog post featuring a chicken with a flying pig on its head has led to a discussion about purchasing merchandise featuring the chicken, such as a necklace and greeting cards with profanity. The conversation also includes a discussion about teaching children to read and a personal story about a young child teaching himself to read.
Sheila
Gold Member
http://thebloggess.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/chicken6.jpg
http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

She's at it again! Don't do this at work, you'll laugh so hard you'll have your boss coming to see what you are doing. And have some Kleenex close by. If you've had children, you might need something protective for your undergarments too. You've been warned! ... http://thebloggess.com/2011/07/would-you-like-to-buy-a-monkey/

ETA: I just realized Beyonce (the chicken) has a flying pig on his head now! http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/i-dont-have-a-title-for-this-because-ive-run-out-of-puns-please-insert-your-own/

Last edited:
how funny!!!!!
~carla

OMG..You warned me - I am at work - in an office by myself at 7am, with tears rolling down my face. A security guard just walked down the hall and gave me the strangest look. Thank you Sheila for starting my Friday off in such a fun way!!:love:

That was so fabulous!and the comments are great too! Esp the one who wants to purchase cards.

omg - i love this chick! i've seriously been looking for my own beyonce since i read the first blog post....and now i must find a monkey! hahahahaha!

She's got those available online now too Kristina!

http://www.zazzle.com/photo_statue_photosculpture-153210219962924698

OMG! I needed this laugh!

That acutally had me laughing so hard (and if you knew me, you would know that's not as easy thing to do!)

I love reading her blogs! Thanks !

Sheila said:
She's got those available online now too Kristina!

http://www.zazzle.com/photo_statue_photosculpture-153210219962924698

OMG did you see the necklace??? *Warning Contains Profanity* http://www.zazzle.com/knock_knock_necklace-177158380707363131

Yup! Could never wear it since I'm a mommy of a 2 year old & 3 year old ... but it is pretty funny! LOL

She has greeting cards too. The chicken on the front & the profanity phrase on the inside. I know a few people (YOU) who would find that hilarious if they received it in the mail!!! :D

yes, and as a mommy of a 5, 3 & 1 yr old (specifically the 5 yr old that wants to know what every sign says) - i'm gonna have to pass on the necklace too.

LOL Yes, they do that, huh? My 2 year old was pointing at my conference shirt the other day reading M-O-R-E, MORE! I caught it on video with the iphone, but screwed up & transferred it to my laptop before putting it on youtube, so now the video's upside down! :(

Sheila said:
LOL Yes, they do that, huh? My 2 year old was pointing at my conference shirt the other day reading M-O-R-E, MORE! I caught it on video with the iphone, but screwed up & transferred it to my laptop before putting it on youtube, so now the video's upside down! :(

holy crap! your 2 yr old can read??? i'd better get to work on my 3 yr old....and my 1 yr old too for that matter....

kristina16marie said:
holy crap! your 2 yr old can read??? i'd better get to work on my 3 yr old....and my 1 yr old too for that matter....

my son has been reading for about a year, he'll be 5 on the 22nd of August. He taught himself because he kept finding video games he wanted to play on the computer that were too advanced for him and I wouldn't play them for him or read the content to him. It was self-defense in his case. In order to do the things he wanted, he had to teach himself.

I have always had a lot of educational TV shows for him to watch and educational toys for him to play with, but I have never pushed the issue. He did it all on his own. I didn't even teach him his alphabet, I think he picked that up from the bigger kids at daycare. At 3 he would point to the letters on my shirt and correctly tell me what they were (backwards, such as my ARMY t-shirt had the letters Y R M A). When they're ready and interested, you can't stop them.

lt1jane said:
my son has been reading for about a year, he'll be 5 on the 22nd of August. He taught himself because he kept finding video games he wanted to play on the computer that were too advanced for him and I wouldn't play them for him or read the content to him. It was self-defense in his case. In order to do the things he wanted, he had to teach himself.

I have always had a lot of educational TV shows for him to watch and educational toys for him to play with, but I have never pushed the issue. He did it all on his own. I didn't even teach him his alphabet, I think he picked that up from the bigger kids at daycare. At 3 he would point to the letters on my shirt and correctly tell me what they were (backwards, such as my ARMY t-shirt had the letters Y R M A). When they're ready and interested, you can't stop them.

actually my 5 yr old can read and my 3 yr old knows her alphabet and loves to count. but i'm looking at my 1 1/2 yr old thinking...there's no way she'll be reading in 6 months! rofl.

Connor's turned 2 back on March 2nd, so he's closer to 2.5. His big sister knew her letters at 16 months when he was born but still doesn't really care to put them together & try to link that letters make words (she'll be 4 at the end of October). Connor's really just now starting to learn most of the letters, but he seems to want to link them as words while he's learning them. They are so totally opposite! LOL He's still struggling with colors too & it seems like his sister had those before this age. But she was slower at shapes & he seems to have master those already.

my kids are all about shapes and colors and knew theirs very early but both my 5 yr old and 3 yr old had speech therapy so they word stuff is just now getting better.

ps - your face looks delicious!

Okay, the chicken story is kinda cute, but the link to her OTHER blog is far more entertaining!If this woman is for real, I think she's in need of some serious help. ;)

Or maybe her husband is!!!??? Sometimes it is the insane ones that actually are far more sane the sane ones. Check Washington DC!

Kristina, you are FUNNY! He's kissing, not licking. ;)KG, yup ... she's for real! LOLJohn, I hear you on that one! ;)

Sheila. Come to canton. They r everywhere for sale u could have your own ha ha

Dang, I'll have to come out there next month & get my picture taken by a few! LOL

There are a couple of jokes in here that are taking an immense amount of self-control to not just blurt out here. (After all, this is a family friendly site.) If you haven't figured it out, they have to do with the size of certain members of the chicken family.

LOL, yes, sometimes we have to keep it "G" Rated, huh? ;)

Gee? I mean, gee, I suppose so.

Ok. this is just too darn funny NOT to share. It is not suitable to watch with kids around though...and I wouldn't recommend watching at work. You'll be laughing too loud (plus it has sound).

Mrs. Brown Gets a "Do it Yourself" Brazilian Wax

LOL ~ had to put in ear plugs, curiosity had the cat & I didn't want to wait for the munchkins to go to bed! ;) That was pretty funny. Is that an overseas TV show or just something someone does for online?

It's BBC - overseas only so far. It's a fairly new show (last few years). It's not on in the states yet, but I'm watching a full episode online right now as I stamp catalogs for my booth. I googled for them...so far, the best site has been OVGUIDE.com.

Guess what I found today?

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1792-chicken.jpg

This has to be about the biggest, um, rooster, that I've ever seen.

WooHoo KG! Congrats on finding a big @$$ rooster! LOLBy the way, she's at it again!!! http://thebloggess.com/2011/08/listen-to-the-bananas/

LOVE the bananas! I was crackign up and my DH came over to see what I was laughing at. I started reading it to him but had to give up about half way because I was laughing so hard. I am so going to do this to a co-worker of my DH. He's a 25 yr old "punk" who keeps giving me crap about not baking him "pastries". WTF?? I've never made him pastries...homemade breads, jams, salsa, etc..yes Even great dinners and "Game day food", but not pastries. I don't do them. I'm going to make a fruit basket and put plenty of bananas with messages for the little twit. MUUUUHAHAHAHAHA SHeila- you are becoming a bad influence!Speaking of, I need to change rooms and get ready to call into our conference call. ;)

Who? ME???
devil2.gif

The one who's wishing her hubby wasn't in Japan so she could mess with him?
roflmao2.gif

Dang this hurts!!! You all gave me a side cramp! And no snotty remarks about monthlies! I guess as a man I deserve a cramp or two from you ladies! (Probably more but hey, you gotta make me laugh a lot to do it!) And yes, yes, yes! It sure will make going to the grocery store so much more fun! And I keep toothpicks in my car! Easy to smuggle in too! I think I might start simple with "LET ME OUT!" OOPS! I think I just brought the bananas and the um roosters together!

You could probably force some stranger to confession by putting WWJD on their banana. They'd think it was a sign from above. LOL

She-Rah? Princess of Power?Going back to my cubicle now!

Of course, you know I just went into the kitchen and put a message on The Furry Guy's bananas. LOL!

"Don't Turn around!" 'They are watching you!""Scratch my nose" "Ahhhh...right there!"

Last edited:
What did you write Rae? You can't leave us hanging! You'll have to take pictures tomorrow & post. ;)

I wonder! Rae did you put something naughty on his banana? Can't help but wonder considering the rooster references, banana references and what not! Of course the question itself is not exactly "clean" either! Too bad someone ruined a good fruit that way!

raebates said:
Of course, you know I just went into the kitchen and put a message on The Furry Guy's bananas. LOL!

Sheila said:
What did you write Rae? You can't leave us hanging! You'll have to take pictures tomorrow & post. ;)

I went downstairs and wrote "EAT ME" on a banana for The Kat Lady.

I can't take a picture of it - she followed the banana's direction.

lol_xtreme.gif

veryfunny.gif

I wrote "Please don't" on one of the bananas. It won't photograph well, but it did show up. I'm going to write "Eat Me" on one today. We'll see if he notices. He's often half asleep when he eats his morning banana.

I am never going to be able to look a banana in the eye again.Oh, wait. Eyes are on potatoes. I am never going to be able to look at a banana the same way again.

He did notice. It confused him for a while, then I confessed. I think this would be a great idea for kids' lunches. Imagine you're 8 years old. You open your lunch and your banana reads, "Have fun a recess!" or "Good luck on your test."

I was at a craft fair last night at a booth and the booth across from me had a 5 foot chicken that looked just like the one from this ladies blog. If only I had enough money with me, I would have owned my own Beyonce'.

this is a recent addition to my neighbor's garden (after the original chicken comment) I posted on FB. Their back yard comes to my driveway so I can look out my living room window and see this. I think of Beyonce all the time. I like the boys, but boy is it tempting to move it around on them all over their yard...

garden chicken.jpg

Rae, cute idea!Deb, tempting, huh? LOLJane, that would be funny!

it was tempting. He had all sorts of animals made out of oil drums, but the 5' chicken caught my eye because of this thread and every time I looked at it I was cracking up.
I was like "OMG! Its Beyonce'..." then I had to explain to the lady in the next booth. Ha ha.

<h2>1. What is the story behind "Remember the Chicken"?</h2><p>"Remember the Chicken" is a hilarious blog post written by The Bloggess, also known as Jenny Lawson. In the post, she shares a funny anecdote about her husband accidentally leaving a chicken in their car, and the chaotic events that followed.</p><h2>2. Why is this blog post so popular?</h2><p>This blog post went viral because of The Bloggess' witty writing style and relatable storytelling. It also includes a hilarious photo of her pet chicken wearing a flying pig hat, which adds to the comedic effect.</p><h2>3. Can I read this blog post at work?</h2><p>While we recommend using discretion when reading any type of content at work, we must warn you that "Remember the Chicken" is so funny that it may cause you to laugh out loud and attract unwanted attention from your coworkers.</p><h2>4. Is this blog post appropriate for all audiences?</h2><p>The Bloggess does use some colorful language and adult humor in her writing, so we recommend using your best judgment when deciding if this blog post is appropriate for your audience.</p><h2>5. Are there any other funny blog posts by The Bloggess?</h2><p>Yes, The Bloggess has a plethora of hilarious blog posts that are sure to make you laugh. Some other popular posts include "Would You Like to Buy a Monkey?" and "I Don't Have a Title for This Because I've Run Out of Puns. Please Insert Your Own."</p>

1. What is the story behind "Remember the Chicken"?

"Remember the Chicken" is a hilarious blog post written by The Bloggess, also known as Jenny Lawson. In the post, she shares a funny anecdote about her husband accidentally leaving a chicken in their car, and the chaotic events that followed.

2. Why is this blog post so popular?

This blog post went viral because of The Bloggess' witty writing style and relatable storytelling. It also includes a hilarious photo of her pet chicken wearing a flying pig hat, which adds to the comedic effect.

3. Can I read this blog post at work?

While we recommend using discretion when reading any type of content at work, we must warn you that "Remember the Chicken" is so funny that it may cause you to laugh out loud and attract unwanted attention from your coworkers.

4. Is this blog post appropriate for all audiences?

The Bloggess does use some colorful language and adult humor in her writing, so we recommend using your best judgment when deciding if this blog post is appropriate for your audience.

5. Are there any other funny blog posts by The Bloggess?

Yes, The Bloggess has a plethora of hilarious blog posts that are sure to make you laugh. Some other popular posts include "Would You Like to Buy a Monkey?" and "I Don't Have a Title for This Because I've Run Out of Puns. Please Insert Your Own."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
Back