• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting "Prize" for Hostesses

In summary, Rita is considering giving a prize to a host who she recruited a guest from her show. Her director reminds her that she did the recruiting, not the host. Michele suggests sending a note or a card, rather than merchandise or a thank you.
cooking_girl
Gold Member
I am so excited this month to recruit 2 more to my already 1, making me a future director. Yeh! One new recruit is a past host and one is a guest at a Feb show. I am wondering if I should give a "prize", meaning a product to the host who I "recruited the guest from her show". My director reminded me that I did the recruiting, not the host, but I would like to reward her with something small, but useful. What do you suggest? How much is too much price-wise? I haven't closed her show yet... so I could add it to her order.

Amy Czyz
Buffalo, NY
[email protected]

Quite frankly, I agree with your Director. In addition, they need to qualify. Watch for kit-nappers. You'll be giving goodies away without reaping any rewards if you're not careful. If anything, I'd just include a thank you note and leave it at that.

Kit-nappersRita,

I'm just starting to recruit new consultants and was curious how often you experience kit-nappers. I'm assuming you're talking about people who get the kit and then never do their shows. Anything I can do to limit this?

Michele

I'd like to say you don't experience it at all, but I have had three...and all at once (or within a couple month period). It could be that I was simply promoting our business wrong. It could be that one of the girls knew someone else that used to be a consultant and told her there was "no real obligation". It could be they really had good intensions and things came up in their life. But, they could returned phone calls or emails! Okay...through venting. Now to answer your question.
I'd say number one is enthusiasm and keeping them excited during the time they sign and the time they have their first show. Call them when they get their kit (some people feel it's overwhelming information so assist them by getting together to review the paperwork, answer questions, etc). Also have them get two or three friends that wouldn't help them start their business with a kitchen show, do catalog shows (before the kit even arrives and you provide her with the catalogs, etc.) Knowing they already have something in the pipeline will keep them enthused until their first show.

A sincere Thank youJust send a note! Good old fashined Thank you notes are always a pleasant surprise. I'm sure the host would be touched to recieve one. "thank you so much for introducing me to Mary. I know she will be a great addition to my team. It is because of faithful hosts and customers like you, that my business keeps growing! Thanks again!"

I told this host that I would reward her... I didn't say with what yet. So, I kind of made a promise, but didn't, to either merchandise or a thank you card, which I will do. What is sad is that I did talk to her husband and her about the opportunity together as I knew of an engaged couple who did Pamp Chef as a team and were awesome at it to save money for their wedding. Anyway, her guest who is now my recruit called me the next day and had a few questions, and then said "I want to do it because I think I would be good at it". When I told this host the good news, she already knew since my recruit works with her husband, both as recruiters for the National Guard. The host said "she (my new recruit) cannot even handle her full time work let alone trying Pamp Chef." I was floored by this. I feel that this host's negativity towards my new recruit may be sour grapes since she didn't jump at the opportunity, so she has to put her down for trying to improve her life... very sad! That is why I almost shouldn't reward her for anything but a thank you note. My new recruit is motivated to earn extra money and I hope no one brings her down!

1. What is a "recruiting prize" for hostesses?

A "recruiting prize" for hostesses is an incentive offered by a company to encourage individuals to become hostesses and recruit others to join their team. This can be in the form of a gift, bonus, or discount.

2. How do I qualify for a "recruiting prize" as a hostess?

To qualify for a "recruiting prize" as a hostess, you will need to meet the specific requirements set by the company, such as the number of recruits you need to bring in or the total sales generated by your recruits. These requirements may vary depending on the company and their current promotions.

3. Can I receive multiple "recruiting prizes" as a hostess?

Yes, it is possible to receive multiple "recruiting prizes" as a hostess if you continue to meet the requirements set by the company. Some companies may offer different prizes for reaching different milestones, while others may allow you to earn multiple prizes at the same time.

4. Are there any restrictions on the "recruiting prizes" for hostesses?

Restrictions on "recruiting prizes" for hostesses may vary depending on the company. Some companies may only offer prizes to hostesses in certain regions or countries, while others may have restrictions on the type or value of the prizes. It is important to check with the company for any restrictions before participating in the recruiting program.

5. How can I track my progress towards earning a "recruiting prize" as a hostess?

Most companies will provide a tracking system or dashboard for hostesses to monitor their progress towards earning a "recruiting prize." This may include the number of recruits, their sales, and any other requirements set by the company. If a tracking system is not provided, you can always contact the company for updates on your progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooking_girl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cooking_girl
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Boomerjojo