• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recovering From Shoulder Surgery

In summary, the recovery time for shoulder surgery can take anywhere from 3-6 months, with some patients experiencing longer recovery times of up to 9-12 months. The length of time a sling needs to be worn after surgery varies but is typically 4-6 weeks. Physical therapy is usually recommended to aid in regaining strength and function in the shoulder. Common exercises that may be recommended include range of motion exercises, shoulder stretches, and light strengthening exercises. The timeline for returning to normal activities and work will vary for each individual, but it is generally advised to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activities for at least 3-6 months after surgery.
ChefCKHall
Well...I did it. Surgery was Monday. I had a left frozen shoulder and, after six months, could not put up with it anymore.

Good news...no rotator tears...just an angry red shoulder. He cleaned it up, got it moving. Now onto physical therapy.

Bandages came off today and I am slowly stretching it out. Sore but will be worth it!

Blessings, CK

glad to hear that you got it done and that there were no tears.

I wish you the best for a speedy recovery!

Good news! Stick with the PT.

Prayers said for a quick, easy recovery.

Yes,keep up the PT, and remember, each day it will feel better than the day before.

Hope your recovery goes quickly girl! ;)

Praying for you, girlie!

1. What is the typical recovery time for shoulder surgery?

The recovery time for shoulder surgery varies depending on the type of surgery and the individual's healing process. Generally, it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for a full recovery. However, some patients may experience a longer recovery time of up to 9-12 months.

2. How long will I need to wear a sling after my surgery?

The length of time you will need to wear a sling after your shoulder surgery will also depend on the type of surgery and your doctor's recommendations. Typically, patients will need to wear a sling for 4-6 weeks, but some may need to wear it for a longer period of time.

3. Will I need physical therapy after my shoulder surgery?

In most cases, physical therapy will be recommended after shoulder surgery to help regain strength, range of motion, and function in the shoulder. Your doctor will provide a personalized physical therapy plan for you based on your specific surgery and recovery progress.

4. What are some common exercises I can do at home to aid in my recovery?

Before beginning any exercises at home, it is important to consult with your doctor or physical therapist. Some common exercises that may be recommended during recovery from shoulder surgery include gentle range of motion exercises, shoulder stretches, and light strengthening exercises using resistance bands.

5. When can I return to my normal activities and work after shoulder surgery?

The timeline for returning to normal activities and work will vary for each individual and depending on the type of surgery. Your doctor will provide specific guidelines for when you can resume certain activities. In general, it is recommended to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activities for at least 3-6 months after shoulder surgery.

Back