• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Review: Potato Crusted Tilapia

In summary, to make Potato Crusted Tilapia, you will need 4 tilapia fillets, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. You can use any type of white fish for this recipe, but the cooking time may vary. To ensure the potato crust sticks to the fish, pat the fillets dry and avoid moving the fish too much while cooking. You can also use real mashed potatoes instead of instant flakes, as long as they are thick
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I did not like this one. The potato topping got too toasty (almost burned tasting) and it was kind of mushy and bland too. Not much flavor. I scraped it off the fish after a couple of bites. Not a recipe I'd make again.

Same here. I thought the topping was too dry, needed more moisture in it.

oh man... I thought it sounded good... thanks for the heads up. I will play around with it.. it was a fusion of my to favorites.. fish and potato!

We made it this weekend, but didn't have any horseradish. I thought the topping was delicious - very fine, crispy. It did need more taste, but attributed it to the lack of horseradish. I liked it overall.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy this recipe. It's always disappointing when a dish doesn't turn out as expected. Did you follow the recipe exactly or make any substitutions? Sometimes small changes can affect the final result. If you'd like, I can suggest some tips for next time to help prevent the potato topping from getting too toasty and to add more flavor. I hope you'll give this recipe another chance in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Related to Recipe Review: Potato Crusted Tilapia

1. What ingredients do I need to make Potato Crusted Tilapia?

The ingredients you will need for this recipe include: 4 tilapia fillets, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of white fish for this recipe such as cod, haddock, or sole. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.

3. How do I make sure the potato crust sticks to the fish?

To make sure the potato crust sticks to the fish, pat the fillets dry with paper towels before dredging them in the flour. This will help the crust adhere to the fish better.

4. Can I substitute the mashed potato flakes for real mashed potatoes?

Yes, you can use real mashed potatoes instead of instant flakes. Just make sure they are thick and not too runny so they can form a crust on the fish.

5. How do I prevent the fish from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the fish from sticking to the pan, make sure to heat the butter and olive oil in the pan over medium heat before adding the fish. Also, avoid moving the fish around too much while it is cooking to prevent it from breaking apart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • esavvymom