• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Greek Cheese Torta

V
vwpamperedchef
So, I have never made this yet, and the day before yesterday I briefly read over the recipe, and it just so happened by chance was at grocery store yesterday. I got all the ingredients right except I bought red pepper instead of sun dried tomatoes. To be honest, not really a fan of sun dried tomatoes. Do you think I can get similar results with a red pepper??

I am slated to make this for a Thanksgiving appetizer, and thanks to the other thread, I will be serving it on my Tiles Platter, with crackers instead.

Did you get Roasted Red Pepper or fresh?

Fresh...darn character limit...

With roasted peppers, it will be just fine. The Greek Cheese Torta is the same recipe as the Athenian Torta that is in one of our cookbooks that we had before the Greek Rub came out.

I like it better with the roasted red peppers Vanessa - not a big sundried fan either!

I will give it a go. Thanks!

YOu can buy the roasted red peppers in the pickle section of your grocer.
Also, save a little bit of the cheese/spinach mixture, and the peppers (or tomatoes). Show your guests how you can make a great "homemade" for the holidays gift by doing a mini torta in a prep bowl. Tie a pretty ribbon and add the beaded spreader... voila! :sing:

And don't forget that you can talk about tossing the leftover torta into a pot of hot cooked pasta to make a delicious pasta dinner.

Well its just family Ann for Thanksgiving, but I will mention it, my mom is going to love it!

Oops - sorry. I must have skimmed that part, and assumed it was for a show.

Related to Question About Greek Cheese Torta

1. Can I substitute red pepper for sun dried tomatoes in Greek Cheese Torta?

Yes, you can substitute red pepper for sun dried tomatoes in Greek Cheese Torta. While sun dried tomatoes add a distinct flavor, red pepper will still provide a similar level of sweetness and a pop of color.

2. Is Greek Cheese Torta difficult to make?

No, Greek Cheese Torta is relatively easy to make. It involves simple ingredients and requires minimal cooking skills. Just make sure to follow the recipe carefully and you should have no problem making it.

3. Can I make Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time. It can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving. Just make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

4. What type of crackers should I serve with Greek Cheese Torta?

You can serve Greek Cheese Torta with any type of crackers you prefer. However, it is recommended to use sturdy crackers such as whole wheat or water crackers to prevent them from breaking when scooping the torta.

5. Can I serve Greek Cheese Torta on a platter instead of a baking dish?

Yes, you can serve Greek Cheese Torta on a platter. It is a common way to present this appetizer, especially for special occasions like Thanksgiving. Just make sure to use a flat and sturdy platter to support the weight of the torta and crackers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies