• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Choc Covered Pretzels

In summary, Karen is preparing pretzel rods for her son's teachers with chocolate and sprinkles. She is using a chocolate and white "bark" and some Christmas sprinkles. She is also going to put them in an airtight container. If they are not consumed within a week, they will be fine.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!
My son and I are going to dip large pretzel sticks in chocolate and decorate them for his teachers. Last day before Christmas break is Thursday. Can we make them this weekend and will they still be fresh if he takes them in on Thursday?
Thanks!

Can you post how you are doing these? I am sure it is simple, but I like directions if possible to help me not mess it up!:D

I got the choc and white "bark" which I think melts better and sets up prettier than choc chips. Anyhow, I will melt it in CBB in the micro and then dip the pretzel rod in about 2/3 of the way up (tip will not be in chocolate) Then, I have some Christmas sprinkles (holly berries and leaves, trees and snowmen) that I will dip them in. I am going to do some in the white choc and some in the milk chocolate. If you didn't want to get the sprinkles, it would be very pretty to dip them in one color chocolate and then drizzle the other color over them. Once they are cooled, I am going to put them into a cellophane bag and tie it off with a pretty ribbon. My son is in 6th grade, so he has about 6 teachers, so this will be pretty economical.

Hope I explained this OK, let me know if I can help you further!
:D

Could you put them in an airtight container until then? I would think they would be fresh. I've seen people sell these at craft fairs & I'm sure they didn't stay up the night before the fair making them.

I have made them before and if you put them in a air tight container they will be fine, make sure you let them come to room temp after taking them out of the refrig.if not they will have moisture on them. they will be fine for aleast 7 days or so. Hope that helps Karen

Thanks ladies! We are in the middle of MOVING (movers coming here on Friday...) and I am about to lose it, so I am trying to make things as easy as possible. If we get too busy, they may just get them after school starts back up in January!!!

:eek:

They're good dipped in caramel before the chocolate. And if you melt the chocolate in a glass, you don't need as much to make it deep enough to really cover the pretzel rods. And when the chocolate is still wet, roll them in sprinkles or nuts. mmmm......

Related to Question About Choc Covered Pretzels

1. How do I make the chocolate coating for the pretzels?

To make the chocolate coating for your pretzels, you will need to melt chocolate chips or melting wafers in a double boiler or microwave. Once melted, dip the pretzels into the chocolate and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool and harden.

2. Can I use any type of pretzels for the chocolate coating?

Yes, you can use any type of pretzels for the chocolate coating, such as mini pretzels, pretzel sticks, or even pretzel twists. Just make sure they are firm and not stale for the best results.

3. How should I store the choc covered pretzels?

You can store the choc covered pretzels in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you want to keep them longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to a month.

4. Can I add toppings or decorations to the choc covered pretzels?

Yes, you can add toppings or decorations to your choc covered pretzels, such as sprinkles, chopped nuts, or drizzles of white or dark chocolate. Just make sure to add them before the chocolate coating hardens.

5. Can I make choc covered pretzels in advance?

Yes, you can make choc covered pretzels in advance. Just store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to serve them. You may need to let them come to room temperature before serving if they were in the freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies