• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pros and Cons of Decorator Bottles and Silicone Cupcake Pan - Expert Review

get on that!Thanks, that would be great if I could do it that way. I was thinking of an idea for the decorating bottles, adapting from an idea posted on CC. Put corn syrup in a bottle with the smallest tip you can find, and use it to write or make designs on the SA pieces. Sprinkled colored sugar on them, remove the excess, and let it dry. Now you have a custom design that washes off with soap and water, and non-toxic! I thought this would be perfect for the holidays, especially with the new white platter. This might not sell the decorating bottles, but maybe the platter!
jrstephens
Are they good products? I have some FPV from my open house and am thinking of getting them. Give me your pros and cons of them!!! Thanks!

And the Silicone cupcake Pan too?

jrstephens said:
Are they good products? I have some FPV from my open house and am thinking of getting them. Give me your pros and cons of them!!! Thanks!

And the Silicone cupcake Pan too?
I have the decorating bottles and I think I will really like them but to be honest I haven't used them yet.

I LOVE the silicone pan!!!! It is a MUST HAVE item!

I haven't had a chance to try them, but I have played with them and like them. One note of caution, if you need your open house sales for August, you cannot get new products with your FPV. If you are planning on submitting the show in September, you cannot have discontinued products on it and it has to be dated September in order to get new products. Hopefully that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense. I am using the FPV to get some of the new products I did not purchase as open stock samples. Thanks for looking out for me.

Jennifer,

We used them at our August Cluster meeting. If you're a serious cake decorator, you probably won't like the bottles. The consensus is that they will be good for children and for smaller projects like cupcakes.

chefjeanine said:
Jennifer,

We used them at our August Cluster meeting. If you're a serious cake decorator, you probably won't like the bottles. The consensus is that they will be good for children and for smaller projects like cupcakes.

I was thinking the same thing, I like the idea, but I am just so used to using a bag that I don't know if I will be able to use it, I still can't use the EAD for icing or anything, I have used it for like rosettes, and to stuff things but that's about it.

I think the one item I really didn't like at first sight (other than the paper napkins) was the Silicone Cupcake Pan......I had earned it, and thought "what a waste"........boy did I change my mind the minute I popped that first batch of Lemon Cupcakes out onto cooling tray! I LOVE the Silicone pan now, and am excited about selling it this fall season!
(Still no excitement over the paper napkins though!:rolleyes: )
So if it was me - and I had to choose between the decorator bottles, or the silicone pan (I have both) I would choose the Pan in a heartbeat!

I was thinking of an idea for the decorating bottles, adapting from an idea posted on CC. Put corn syrup in a bottle with the smallest tip you can find, and use it to write or make designs on the SA pieces. Sprinkled colored sugar on them, remove the excess, and let it dry. Now you have a custom design that washes off with soap and water, and non-toxic! I thought this would be perfect for the holidays, especially with the new white platter. This might not sell the decorating bottles, but maybe the platter!

ChefBeckyD said:
So if it was me - and I had to choose between the decorator bottles, or the silicone pan (I have both) I would choose the Pan in a heartbeat!

Maybe I should just get both!!! :D :p

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on how to get the icing into the decorating bottles. It is such a small hole. I don't have them, but would the skinny scraper work?? If someone has both and would try sometime and let me know that would be great. That way I could maybe suggest the scrapper to my grandma who is thinking about buying them when she has her party.
Thanks ahead of time!!

ziptop bag with the corner cut out

I knew that would work too, but I was trying to see if there was a way you could do that w/o transfering the icing twice. It just seems so time consuming to do the bag then put it into the bottles. But, I'm thinking that may be the only way... Thank you.

mhrivera said:
I was thinking of an idea for the decorating bottles, adapting from an idea posted on CC. Put corn syrup in a bottle with the smallest tip you can find, and use it to write or make designs on the SA pieces. Sprinkled colored sugar on them, remove the excess, and let it dry. Now you have a custom design that washes off with soap and water, and non-toxic! I thought this would be perfect for the holidays, especially with the new white platter. This might not sell the decorating bottles, but maybe the platter!

I love that idea! I'll have to try it out & mention it at my shows. Of course I have to GET the decorator bottles first!

Related to Pros and Cons of Decorator Bottles and Silicone Cupcake Pan - Expert Review

1. How do I clean my decorator bottles?

Cleaning your decorator bottles is simple and easy. Start by disassembling the bottle by unscrewing the top and removing the tip. Rinse all parts with warm, soapy water and then allow them to air dry. If any residue remains, use a bottle brush to gently scrub the inside of the bottle. Be sure to thoroughly dry all parts before reassembling.

2. Can I use my decorator bottles for hot liquids?

No, our decorator bottles are not designed for use with hot liquids. They are intended for use with room temperature or cold ingredients only. Using hot liquids can cause damage to the bottle and could result in burns.

3. Are the decorator bottles dishwasher safe?

Yes, our decorator bottles are top-rack dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the bottle and prevent any potential warping or damage from the dishwasher's heat.

4. Can I use my decorator bottles for thick or chunky ingredients?

Yes, our decorator bottles are versatile and can be used with a variety of ingredients. However, we recommend cutting any large chunks into smaller pieces before placing them in the bottle to ensure smooth dispensing. If the ingredients are too thick, they may clog the tip and prevent proper use.

5. Can I use my decorator bottles for piping hot melted chocolate?

No, our decorator bottles are not designed for use with hot melted chocolate. The heat can cause the bottle to warp, and the chocolate may harden and clog the tip. We recommend using a separate heat-proof bottle or container for melted chocolate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
Jeannea
  • tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies