• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems Sending From Gmail Accounts

In summary, Gmail allows you to change the text from HTML to Rich or sometimes Plain, but it also looks terrible and deletes your entire signature block.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
I know several of us use gmail but I'm curious if any of you have found acceptable work arounds for the fact that so much of our e-mail is not accepted at certain addresses. Especially replies to yahoo and hotmail. I have researched on the net and I know it's happening everywhere and it's because gmail refuses to send your IP address with the e-mail and some e-mail hosts (or whatever they're called) will reject the e-mail without it.

I have found that changing the text from HTML to Rich or sometimes Plain usually gets it through but it also looks terrrible (especially Plain) and it deletes my entire signatue block.

I use gmail with Outlook and LOVE it but this is really starting to become a huge problem. I haven't even sent out my Jan newsletter yet because I anticipate it will not be pretty.

Any advice?

I am computer illerate but I use gmail and I do not seem to have this problem (at least that I know of). Is it because I don't use outlook???

I'm not sure. I've heard of people some using e-mail interfaces and some not, getting e-mail returns about Sector 5 violations. It's all over the GMail Help section but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Maybe they will announce that we each get a pampered chef email account :)

How cool would that be!!??

ok I am dumb, what is gmail?? I know I will probably regreat asking this, so I blame it on the hormones and thinking about the baby...

it is just another free email service....like hotmail, yahoo, etc. (by invitation only) I think that I have some free ones if anyone is interested, give me your email address!

Me, me, me!! Hook me up Jennifer!

What's the difference? I have yahoo... but I don't want to have to change everything again unless it is really worth it.

well it isn't bad to have 2 or 3...and then when you sign up for snapfish accounts, you can get lots of free photos between all of them, or you cna have one as your "junk mail account" that you don't care if you get spammed through, etc etc!

the difference is you don't ever have to delete any email's, it has a search engine for the emails (i love love love this) and it has a chat among gmail users in your address book. I have about 50 invites it all of a sudden gave me a lot more so if anyone is interested i can give you one as well. either pm me your email address or email me at [email protected]

PamperedChefDebi said:
Me, me, me!! Hook me up Jennifer!

you already have one....do you want another?

But my gmail is making me crazy!! I can't reply to hardly anyone!

Snapfish... one of my favorite internet services! That is how I did my Christmas cards, order pics so I don't have to go into the store and wait in line, and am going to be doing birth announcments! Ok now I need a gmail account for more free pics! How many can you do before they recognize different email accounts for same person???

PamperedChefDebi said:
But my gmail is making me crazy!! I can't reply to hardly anyone!
knock on wood i have not had this problem. is it just the yahoo and hotmail ones?

It is especially hotmail and sometimes yahoo. I've even had problems e-mailing military accounts.

i don't have to many of those...maybe that's why i haven't realized the problem?? my brothers that have yahoo we mainly chat through myspace. send those people an invite for gmail!

It's my business e-mail though. I tried to e-mail our cluster earlier today and I started by replying to all on an e-mail from my Director and then formatted my message from there. Almost every single one kicked back with a Sector 5 violation. I ended up having to send it in plain text, which looked awful and deletes my signature block.

mbh06 said:
Snapfish... one of my favorite internet services! That is how I did my Christmas cards, order pics so I don't have to go into the store and wait in line, and am going to be doing birth announcments! Ok now I need a gmail account for more free pics! How many can you do before they recognize different email accounts for same person???

Umm, I have 4 accounts :) ...all of my 4x6 pics from my cruise were free!! Oh yeah, and thanks to ebates, they gave me a code for free shipping for up to 100 prints! Note: you can only use this once on an account, but if you do 20 free here, 20 free there, etc etc, viola! Coupon Code: FREESHIPJAN

So, mine were totally free, And if I did have to pay, I would have gone through my ebates account...because they have a 10% cash back for purchases there!

sorry but i have to ask...what is an ebates account?

PamperedChefDebi said:
It's my business e-mail though. I tried to e-mail our cluster earlier today and I started by replying to all on an e-mail from my Director and then formatted my message from there. Almost every single one kicked back with a Sector 5 violation. I ended up having to send it in plain text, which looked awful and deletes my signature block.

Debi- I sent you an invite!

98 left if anyone else needs one!

nikkijo said:
sorry but i have to ask...what is an ebates account?

Ohhh boy! You didn't see the thread back awhile ago about it? It's free money! My account is at 28.74 already! they send you a cash refund every 3 or 6 months I think it is, for shopping online. They have links to different online stores, and just for following a link from their website, they track it and give you a cash back. (each store is a different amount) and they give you coupon codes too!

here is my referral link:
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=31690313

All of a sudden, i've been having issues sending to hotmail accounts...keeps booting them back!!!

Tara1021 said:
All of a sudden, i've been having issues sending to hotmail accounts...keeps booting them back!!!

Yep. Is it saying something about Sector 5?

to me it WAS WORTH IT!!
mbh06 said:
What's the difference? I have yahoo... but I don't want to have to change everything again unless it is really worth it.

I got spammed to death in yahoo, Gmail has sooooo much more to offer and even I who have much trouble importing, was able to import my email addresses from yahoo to gmail.

Gmail offers so much more free space, and so many more cool things/features too!!!

I didn't have a private invitation though, I just went to google.com and signed up :)

HTH

Liz

different gmail accts
mbh06 said:

I have one for junk mail
one for pampered chef
one for my eaorhitccs@gmail. my initials, credentials for Coding hsp med recs
different emails for different things :)

I have gmail but I don't use it much. It drives me nuts that you can't create folders. Everything just sits there. I know you can mark them or whatever but I would rather have them put into separate folders.

lizcooks4u said:
I got spammed to death in yahoo, Gmail has sooooo much more to offer and even I who have much trouble importing, was able to import my email addresses from yahoo to gmail.

Gmail offers so much more free space, and so many more cool things/features too!!!

I didn't have a private invitation though, I just went to google.com and signed up :)

HTH

Liz

Oh! must be they opened it up to anyone...for awhile it was by invitation only, you can tell how much I use mine!

I love that you can use gmail's POP access free! I have my .pst file on my desktop shared out and all my home computers are networked so I can access everything using Outlook from any computer. I sooooo prefer to use Outlook versus the webmail.

Here is EXACTLY what I get on almost every e-mail I attempt to send out now. Even new (not a reply or forward) ones!

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

([email protected])

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Message rejected for Sector 5 policy reasons

Ok, I did some searching, and I finally found this that applies to the "sector 5" stuff:Why has my Gmail account been locked?If we detect abnormal usage that may indicate that your account has been compromised, we may temporarily disable access. It will take between one minute and 24 hours for access to be reinstated, depending on the behaviour detected by our system.Abnormal usage includes, but is not limited to: * Receiving, deleting, or POPing out large amounts of mail in a short period of time.
* Sending mail to a large number of recipients in a short period of time.
* Using 3rd party file-sharing or storing software in your account.
* Logging in from multiple locations in a short period of time.
* Using your account for purposes other than email.

jenniferp417 said:
Ok, I did some searching, and I finally found this that applies to the "sector 5" stuff:

Why has my Gmail account been locked?

If we detect abnormal usage that may indicate that your account has been compromised, we may temporarily disable access. It will take between one minute and 24 hours for access to be reinstated, depending on the behaviour detected by our system.

Abnormal usage includes, but is not limited to:

* Receiving, deleting, or POPing out large amounts of mail in a short period of time.
* Sending mail to a large number of recipients in a short period of time.
* Using 3rd party file-sharing or storing software in your account.
* Logging in from multiple locations in a short period of time.
* Using your account for purposes other than email.

Wow Jennifer! Thanks! Where the heck did you find this info because that is much different from what I could find and I did multiple searchs on Google and the web in general. But how the heck do they know how much I e-mail stuff? Please let me know where you found it so I can see if there is ANY work around.

Thank you again!!

I finally just did a search for "section" in gmail support - a search for "section 5" didn't work, but dropping the "5" did.

http://mail.google.com/support/

No workaround. :(

I'm going to buy a domain (somethingsomething.com) - something chef-related but without PC in the name, and create a mailing list through the place that hosts my personal web site.

I can then manually add my mailing list to it. I think. I hope. :)

jenniferp417 said:
I finally just did a search for "section" in gmail support - a search for "section 5" didn't work, but dropping the "5" did.

http://mail.google.com/support/

No workaround. :(

I'm going to buy a domain (somethingsomething.com) - something chef-related but without PC in the name, and create a mailing list through the place that hosts my personal web site.

I can then manually add my mailing list to it. I think. I hope. :)

I've been thinking about doing that as well. BUT, I know nothing about it! LOL! Who do you purchase the domain from and how do you know if they're any good? And I want to make sure I'll have POP access because I do want to continue using Outlook. I did do some reading on PC World last night and I tried to see if CNet had anything. Maybe you can give me some insight or tell me the best place to read up on it?

www.godaddy.com - they are great! and cheap :) I have been using them for a few years now for my domain names and web hosting stuff....you can get one email address with a 25mb storage size (but if you use outlook, you can save "old" emails to your computer and not use up all of the space) ...if you need any help let me know! (their support is great as well)ps: After that one 25mb account, you can add up to like 500 more at 10mb each...

I second godaddy.com for domain registration... I've never used their web hosting, but I *have* used Fluid Hosting (http://fluidhosting.com/) and they're very good.

Checking them out now!

Get this...GMail has a program you can run to ensure your POP stuff is configured correctly. So I ran it and mine is good. Well, it automatically generates an e-mail back to them with a report. Get this....I GOT THE FRIGGIN' DELIVERY STATUS NOTIFCATION THING ON THAT TOO!!! LOL! It's killing me!

I've been using Gmail for ages, and I have never had that problem! Wonder why that is?

It's really crazy, isn't it? And get this, since the day I last posted, the 9th, I haven't had ANY problems. What the? I was having constant problems until then. I could e-mail my husband at work, no problem. Then I'd try to e-mail someone else on the base (same domain) and it would kick back. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyskitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Ann F
Replies