• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayers for Josie: A Little Girl Facing Medical Challenges

In summary, Josie, a 3 year old girl with Williams Syndrome and CP, had a rod removed from her back due to a scare caused by it threatening to come through her skin. She and her family are being flown to Salt Lake City for surgery.
nikked
Gold Member
A friend of mine has a little girl, about 3 years old, with a variety of medical issues. She was born with Williams Syndrome, and has CP as well. Her name is Josie.

She has a very severe case of Scoliosis. They go to Salt Lake City every few months to have rods in her back lengthened. They went last week, and have been home for a few days. Somehow, one of the rods has separated from the spine and is threatening to come through the skin.

They are being med-evacuated from Albuquerque (as we "speak") to Salt Lake City on a Leer Jet, and are scheduled for surgery in the morning. Please be praying for traveling mercies (daddy flies out tomorrow) and for a quick remedy and healing. Thank you.

Prayers are going out now for Josie and her medical condition, as well as her family for safety on their way to and from the hospital. Please keep us updated.

Prayers are being sent up!

Praying for the family.

WOW.. How scarey!!! Prayers for the family for safe travel and a successful surgery tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

Praying for your family.

Gosh, I hope it went well...just heart breaking! LOTS of prayers coming her way!

Update...

Just received a call from Casey. They had a very rough night. Josie is in a lot of pain. They've been giving her morphine, but it's not helping much.

Ryan flew out of ABQ at about 7:10 this morning, and should be there shortly.

Casey doesn't know how long they will be there, but she thinks the earliest they will be able to come home is Monday, and she is not rushing them at all with all this going on!

The surgery is scheduled for 12, with pre-op stuff starting at about 10:15 or so.

She sounded okay, but very worried, and who can blame her.

We didn't talk long because they were getting ready to give more morphine.

That's all I know as of now. Sorry if it's disjointed...I now have a stomache bug that's been going around!

Thanks.

Nicole

Update...

I apologize for the delay in posting this, but I have slept the day away (in between phone calls) and haven't been on the computer since this morning.

The surgery was very successful, and Josie is doing much better. However, they did find two broken ribs as a result (which weren't showing on the x-rays). The doc said that he's never had this happen before. Which means they are now looking at a cause...like maybe an issue with calcium absorption.

As it stands right now, the earliest they'll be coming home is Sunday, but the parents are hoping for Monday.

I'll post if anything new developes. Thanks for your prayers.

I knew she would do well with the surgery as long as the great physician was with her. I will continue to pray for quick healing and safe travels for the family.

just saw this thread. I'll add my prayers to the rest.

What is included in the "Prayers for a Little Girl" set?

The "Prayers for a Little Girl" set includes a personalized prayer book, a set of prayer cards, a decorative prayer box, and a plush toy.

Can the prayer book be customized with the child's name?

Yes, the prayer book can be personalized with the child's name on the cover and throughout the book, making it a special and unique gift.

Are the prayers in the book suitable for all denominations?

Yes, the prayers in the book are non-denominational and can be used by children of any faith or religious background.

What age range is this set recommended for?

The "Prayers for a Little Girl" set is recommended for children ages 4-10, but can be enjoyed by children of all ages with adult supervision.

Is this set a suitable gift for a baptism or first communion?

Yes, this set makes a thoughtful and meaningful gift for a child's baptism or first communion, as it encourages the child to develop a deeper relationship with God through prayer.

Back