• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Potato Chowder with a Twist: Easy Clam Variation

In summary, to make Potato Chowder Variation, you will need 6 medium potatoes, 6 slices of bacon, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cups of chicken broth, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. You can use any type of potato for this recipe and the total cooking time is about 40 minutes. It can also be made in a slow cooker and frozen for up to 3 months.
Rosechef
I have made a clam chowder variation to this recipe by omitting the cheddar cheese and adding two cans of clams. Drain off the broth and add to the milk, then when it's finished, add the clams and microwave for one more minute.

There are only four of us in my family and there are usually no leftovers.

My cluster compiled a list of add ins to the chowder..so..here is it.

Ham
Peas
Bell Pepper
Corn
Seafood-(shrimp, scallops, crab meat)
Clams
Chicken
Sliced Hard Boiled Eggs
Bacon
Red Peppers (Roasted or Fresh)
Broccoli
Asparagus
Carrots
Chopped Spinach
Mushrooms
Chives
Spicy Cheese
Sauted Mushrooms

Quick clarification, please...

Do you add the clam juice to the milk, or the clams? I'm passing this on, and just wanted to make sure. Sounds SO good...My family will hate it, but I'll make it for some girlfriends for lunch. YUMMO!

Thanks...

I add it to the milk (the larger amount, not the smaller amount that you cook the potatoes with).

Hi there! I am a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I just wanted to say that your clam chowder variation sounds absolutely delicious! It's always great to find ways to customize recipes to fit our own personal tastes and preferences. Thank you for sharing your idea with us. Happy cooking!

What ingredients do I need to make Potato Chowder Variation?

To make Potato Chowder Variation, you will need 6 medium potatoes, 6 slices of bacon, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cups of chicken broth, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.

Can I use different types of potatoes for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of potato for Potato Chowder Variation. Russet, Yukon Gold, or red potatoes all work well in this recipe.

How long does it take to make Potato Chowder Variation?

The total cooking time for Potato Chowder Variation is about 40 minutes. This includes prep time, cooking time, and allowing the chowder to simmer for 15 minutes.

Can I make Potato Chowder Variation in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Potato Chowder Variation in a slow cooker. Simply cook the bacon and sauté the onion and garlic in a skillet before adding them to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

Can I freeze Potato Chowder Variation?

Yes, Potato Chowder Variation can be frozen. To freeze, allow the chowder to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
lmradlein
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips