• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Juicy Pork Loin Recipe - Tips for Cooking a Lean Cut in the Oven or Crock Pot

In summary, Linda found a pork roast that she had purchased last year that she forgot she had in the freezer. She remembered that the last time she cooked one of these in the oven it was really dry, so she decided to try a different method. She used a crock pot and a hot water mixture to marinate the pork roast. She also used menudo mix as a seasoning. The roast came out moist and yummy.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My mom and I bought a whole pork loin last year and I just found the last portion of it in my freezer. It doesn't appear to have any freezer burns and I'm planning to cook it tomorrow. I remember the last time I cooked one of these in the oven it was really dry (I marinated it in mojo and coated it with garlic, lime juice, and menudo mix then baked it slow in the oven). What's a better way to cook this thing so it won't be so dry (it is a lean piece of meat)? Should I do the same marinade and seasoning (I really do love that kind of seasoning on pork) and cook it in my DCB or maybe the crock pot?

Pork that is that lean is really tough to cook and have it come out moist and tender- maybe you could tenderize it a bit? Remember that your marinade will cook the meat a little as well, so you won't have to cook it as long before it's ready to eat. :)

This one comes out moist and yummy! It's our favorite.Tangy Crock Pot Pork Roast

Ingredients

1 large onion, sliced
2 1/2 # pork roast
1c hot water
1/4c sugar
3T red vinegar
2T soy sauce
1T ketchup
1/2t black pepper
2t salt
1/4t garlic powder
dash of hot sauce
Procedure
Slice onions and place them in bottom of crock pot. Place roast on top.

Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over top of roast.

Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.

pamperedlinda said:
My mom and I bought a whole pork loin last year and I just found the last portion of it in my freezer. It doesn't appear to have any freezer burns and I'm planning to cook it tomorrow. I remember the last time I cooked one of these in the oven it was really dry (I marinated it in mojo and coated it with garlic, lime juice, and menudo mix then baked it slow in the oven). What's a better way to cook this thing so it won't be so dry (it is a lean piece of meat)? Should I do the same marinade and seasoning (I really do love that kind of seasoning on pork) and cook it in my DCB or maybe the crock pot?

Linda, how did you get a boy band to agree to becoming a marinating ingredient?:D

Kitchen Diva said:
Linda, how did you get a boy band to agree to becoming a marinating ingredient?:D
I think of that every time I use the stuff! I love menudo mix, so yummy on a pork roast. You get it in the spanish section of the grocery store, I use the one with the crushed herbs, not the ground herbs. It's kinda spicey too.

pamperedlinda said:
I think of that every time I use the stuff! I love menudo mix, so yummy on a pork roast. You get it in the spanish section of the grocery store, I use the one with the crushed herbs, not the ground herbs. It's kinda spicey too.

I could just picture 5 cute little teenaged Latino boys singing in your roasting pan! :)

Linda,
Also if you keep it covered for most if not all the cooking time, it should stay moist...HTH

Be sure to check doneness with instant read thermometer. Cook a bit less, then remove from oven and let it sit for 5-10 min. Check again, temp will rise.

1. How long should I cook a pork loin?

The cooking time for a pork loin will vary depending on the size and method of cooking. As a general rule, you should cook a pork loin for about 20 minutes per pound in a preheated 375 degree oven. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium rare, or 160 degrees for medium.

2. What seasonings go well with pork loin?

Pork loin is a versatile cut of meat that pairs well with a variety of seasonings. Some popular options include garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage. You can also use a pre-made spice rub or marinade for added flavor.

3. Can I cook a pork loin in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can cook a pork loin in a slow cooker. Simply place the seasoned pork loin in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.

4. How do I prevent a pork loin from drying out?

To prevent a pork loin from drying out, it's important to not overcook it. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches the desired level of doneness. You can also baste the pork loin with a marinade or pan juices during cooking to add moisture.

5. Can I freeze leftover cooked pork loin?

Yes, you can freeze leftover cooked pork loin. Allow the pork loin to cool completely before placing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Leigh0725
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips