• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Exchanges.... How Do You Feel About Them?

In summary, a PC consultant in a small town in the US has come up with the idea to host a party exchange with other local sellers of tuppaware, etc. She has already booked a party with one seller and is hosting a party for the seller next month. Several other people have done similar exchanges with positive results.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I came up with an idea for me locally since I am the only PC consultant in the town that I live in, to see what other people in town sell things like tuppaware, etc...... that would be interested in doing a party exchange, I have one person so far that has booked a party with me... she sells tastefully simple..... and she had been looking for a PC consultant!! WHOO!!! So I am hosting a party for her and she is hosting a party for me.... Has anyone ever done anything like this before ? What kind of experinces have you had doing this?

The one sI have done have turned out ok. I did one with a Fragrant Lemon Peel rep - I had a $500 show for her, she had a $250 show for me that resulted in a long term customer who has spent several hundred over the years.

I did a wsap with a Partylite gal - I had a $1000 show for her - she had a $400 show for me but then signed and has been quite a decent producer.

I am swapping with a Mary Kay gal next month.

I often do this as most of my friends are in direct sales. Granted, they aren't always successful, but it's still a swap of service. I'm not very good with my Tastefully Simple shows, but my consultant always returns the favor with a PC show. I think I'm better at selling than hosting/buying...LOL!

I usually tell people that I don't like doing this; mainly because I'm too busy with my PC shows! I've had a couple home interiors parties, but didn't turn out very well. I did do a partylite show a few years ago that was pretty good. I'd rather just order from them occasionally. Seems like a lot of other direct selling gals around here aren't really doing it for their job; just a hobby, so they understand that this IS my job & don't have much time for hosting others.

I swapped shows with a Premier Jewelry rep and a Taste of Home consultant. Both of the shows that I hosted were this month! I think my family is done with shows for at least 6 months!:eek:

Anyways, the Premier rep had $501 in sales and I when I did my show I did $423. The TOHE rep is a former PC director and quit 5 years ago when she developed cancer. She asked some of her former customers and she turned in $705! I had my show on Friday so its still open so my sales are at $372.;) I don't think it's going to be as high because what I have gathered from my family and friends is that the stuff is nice but expensive. With a brand new company, I don't think that they can really justify as many expensive items as they do but hey, they don't care about my opinion!!:cool: :D

I say do it! Just make sure that they are spread out!:p

I think this is a fun way to get new exposure, but I've found that sometimes my family/friends feel a little put off that I contact them for PC all of the time and then I want them to come to other parties as well.

I am also doing a scrapbook party for a ladie at chruch....... a different day of the week thought LOL....... I am hoping that it will boost my business and build my clientental as well as letting meet some new people. I don't know very many people in the twon that I live in since I only moved here a year ago.

I'm in the mist of swapping with a MK rep. I asked the same question,and I found about 75% had good things to say about it.... I'm just feeling a little anxious because I know she has about 200- 250 in sales, and I'm struggling to get people to commit to coming to the show I'm having for her this friday evening. I probably will not do this again, just for the simple fact that I'm busy with my PC and I don't want this feeling of guilt. If I'm desperate for a show -maybe- but if my business keeps growing, maybe I won't have that problem! :)

I personally don't exchange shows. I tell people I am just too busy selling
PC! I also feel funny asking my friends and family to buy when they are so loyal
to PC and having PC parties for me. I do recommend other party reps (if someone needs a MK lady or anything else I ususally know one!) and just
ask that they recommend people to me.

thanks for the advice........ I really wanted to know how others handle it!!! Keep the suggestions coming !!

I don't do other Home Parties unless it is something I really want! And the consultant has to impress me:) I did an Usbourne Books party last Oct. - because I wanted books for my son and nieces & nephews for Christmas....I only had 4 people come, but got a ton of outside orders, and ended up getting over $100 in books for about $30. The consultant was very happy with my show!
I went to a friend's Lia Sophia party fully intending to book a show - because she has been a good host for me, so I thought I'd help her out. But I was so turned off by the consultant's presentation that I decided I just couldn't do it!
That show was a study in everything I don't want my presentation to be! Unless I just really clicked with the consultant, I don't think I would trade shows - and like someone else said - I don't want to overload friends and family!

At this point in time I am willing try something new to get it out of my shyness box... I am having a hard time getting bookings from shows so.. I am hoping this would increase my bookings and meet som new people at the same time, I haven't lived in the town that I live in very long. And I am the only PC consultant and as I found as people are looking for us!!!!!!!

Party ExchangesI have only been a consultant since May and I have been doing exchanges the whole time. I think they work great. I just keep the bible verse-Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you in mind. And try to hold them the best party I can -hoping they will do the same for me.-Tricia:)

Party ExchangesThanks Tricia... what exchange parties have you been doing this whole time?

Tricia Clarke said:
I have only been a consultant since May and I have been doing exchanges the whole time. I think they work great. I just keep the bible verse-Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you in mind. And try to hold them the best party I can -hoping they will do the same for me.-Tricia:)

When it comes to swapping shows-if its something you can benefit from & what u want-do it but just know that when we swapshows they usually get the better deal! I am new & swapped with MK rep.. she had like a $300 show for me & i spent $35 and had a small show-their too pricey!!! I am doing a partylite show & I think it'll be good.Umm.. i just am learning the hard way they like to cancell or move dates on you to a date AFTER their PL show so they do as much effort as you did which isnt always fair cause our stuff is tstuff youll use everyday & not expensive!!!

What is a party exchange?

A party exchange is when a hostess is unable to attend her scheduled Pampered Chef party and asks another person to take her place as the hostess.

How do I request a party exchange?

If you are unable to attend your scheduled party, you can request a party exchange by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant and providing them with the name and contact information of the person who will be taking your place as the hostess.

Can I exchange my party for a different type of party?

Yes, you can exchange your party for a different type of party, such as a catalog party or a virtual party. Just let your consultant know what type of party you would prefer.

Is there a fee for a party exchange?

No, there is no fee for a party exchange. It is simply a way for the hostess to still receive the benefits of hosting a party without having to physically be there.

How do you feel about party exchanges?

We understand that life can be unpredictable and sometimes things come up that prevent a hostess from attending her party. We are happy to accommodate party exchanges and want to make sure that every hostess has a positive experience with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Missionlady
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissaboyd