• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Tupperware and Solutions Now Selling Microwave Rice Cookers?

In summary, Tupperware and Solutions are now selling microwave rice cookers, but they may not be as successful as other rice cookers on the market. Some people have had success with using their rice cookers, while others have had issues with the rice coming out too hard or becoming a solid block. However, many people still prefer using their own methods for cooking rice and do not see the need to switch to a rice cooker.
kam
Staff member
I notice this last week.

Tupperware and Solutions have started selling microwave rice cookers!! :eek:

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=20000&fv_item_number=P10092320000

Microwave Rice Cooker | Solutions

If theirs works as well as ours, they won't sell very many.(Has anyone successfully made rice in their rice cooker? I use mine for everything else because rice usually comes out in a solid block that's the consistency of a cider block.)

I don't have one, but my mom bought one, and tells everyone how much she loves it. She says it cooks her rice perfectly, and she never has boil overs that make a mess in her microwave! Personally I use Uncle Ben's minute rice, but I'm lazy...haha!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If theirs works as well as ours, they won't sell very many.

(Has anyone successfully made rice in their rice cooker? I use mine for everything else because rice usually comes out in a solid block that's the consistency of a cider block.)

Seriously????
We use ours 2-3x a week...and for all different types of rice, too...long grain, short grain, brown, coconut rice, sticky rice...you name it!

I love the rice cooker - I make instant brown rice all the time and follow the microwave directions on the box.

I put it to the real test about a month ago and did a BIG batch of rice in it. I'm pleased to say, it did not come out the top - especially pleased too or I would have been a little embarassed in front of our house quest, being that I AM the Pampered Chef queen (according to my dear husband!!!).

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(Has anyone successfully made rice in their rice cooker? I use mine for everything else because rice usually comes out in a solid block that's the consistency of a cider block.)

dannyzmom said:
Seriously????
We use ours 2-3x a week...and for all different types of rice, too...long grain, short grain, brown, coconut rice, sticky rice...you name it!

Well, maybe I should try it again only this time, I'll leave out the Portland Cement.

Seriously - I dunno - I just can't get it to come out right. But I always get perfect rice on the stovetop in an Executive sauce pan, so it's kinda tough to want to try the rice cooker in the atom smasher again.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Umm, mine became a literal cinder block...black, thick smoke pouring out everywhere. I had to throw it away because the rice had become one with the cooker, and I've never replaced it.

I'm like you - I get GREAT results using an executive saucepan, so why bother?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I have to admit I have never used mine, BUT my Uncle made rice for 125 people using our rice cooker!!!! He swears it is the only thing that makes good rice, so he made a bazillion batches for my cousins 15th birthday party!!

Someday I will try it myself!

I use mine for rice all the time. It's the only thing I use, and, like Carolyn, I use it for all kinds of rice. I use milk & water for white rice and stock for other rices. On the stovetop I'm terrible about letting the liquid boil over. That's not an issue in the Rice Cooker.

My Rice Cooker makes rice just fine.I really do not care that Tupperware makes one now. I haven't been invited to a TW party in AGES, but I can book 7-10 PC shows in a month. Guess who is more popular??? We really do not have competition.

mscharf said:
I have to admit I have never used mine, BUT my Uncle made rice for 125 people using our rice cooker!!!! He swears it is the only thing that makes good rice, so he made a bazillion batches for my cousins 15th birthday party!!

Someday I will try it myself!

That must have been one whale of a party if it required a bazillion batches of rice. Was that an English bazillion or a metric bazillion? (The metric bazillion is a little smaller.)

Remember to either never invite him to a wedding of just remind him that the rice you throw at the bride & groom is UNCOOKED.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That must have been one whale of a party if it required a bazillion batches of rice. Was that an English bazillion or a metric bazillion? (The metric bazillion is a little smaller.)

Remember to either never invite him to a wedding of just remind him that the rice you throw at the bride & groom is UNCOOKED.

It was an English bazillion, b/c there was a TON left over! lol :)

I love my rice cooker. I use it all the time. It actually is living with my BF in Mississippi right now while he is active duty there. He couldn't live without it and I haven't made rice since he left b/c I can't cook it on the stove without a mess.
I use it for noodles and rice and cakes and it all comes out great!!

I don't like the colors that Tupperware has, I am not much into colors like that. And the other one looks just like ours but in different colors and I prefer our black one.

I love the rice cooker!! I have never had a problem with it ever, my rice comes out perfect every time!!!

This whole discussion reminds me of the silicone baking craze a few years ago. EVERYBODY was coming out with silicone this and silicone that. Now, just try to find silicone anything. There's usually a few pieces in the housewares department at Kohl's or Target or Wally World but I wonder if that just isn't old stock.Maybe other companies figured out there's something to microwaving rice and not everyone is a micro-dud like me.

Does the rice come out sticky like at a Chinese restaurant?

turtle15 said:
Does the rice come out sticky like at a Chinese restaurant?

Only if you are using the type of rice that is meant to be sticky-rice.

I thought our Rice Cooker Plus was a PC exclusive... Someone told me there was a complaint years ago between Tupperware and PC about the Food Chopper (?)
Are they copying our product?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Pretty much my thought. Hopefully thier's will not catch on fire!

At my very first party, four years ago, I made Rice in our rice cooker, and my little grand daughter came up to me and said, "Grandma, that is the very best rice I ever had". That was like music to my ears, because her other Grandma is from Japan, and there
is rarely a meal she prepares without rice as a side dish! I could not have had a better
commercial for our rice cooker.

My only disaster was using it in my RV, and baking a cake for 10 minutes rather than
stopping at 8 minutes and adding additional seconds as needed. I learned my lesson.
At that point, the smell was very chemical and I considered throwing it away to prevent it from the odor transferring to future food. However, I did a baking soda soak, washed it thoroughly, and tested it on some flavored Uncle Bens. It is back in frequent use. I have a spare rice cooker in the old one, and use the new one for demo's.

dannyzmom said:
Only if you are using the type of rice that is meant to be sticky-rice.

What kind of rice would that be?

Otherwise, do you just follow the directions on the box for the microwave?

I always got my sticky-rice in the Oriental section of the supermarket. There isn't an Oriental market close by, that's where I'd really like to go sometime.

You guys that are having trouble with your rice are probably cooking it too long. I have found that some rices need to be cooked for less time in the rice cooker than the directions say.

I could never make rice right before the rice cooker. We LOVE it!

Love the rice cooker!! I purchased a 15lb bag of Basmati (sp?) rice from Sam's for less than $10, and make rice all the time! In fact my DD makes it as an after school snack (loaded with brown sugar of course!)

BethCooks4U said:
You guys that are having trouble with your rice are probably cooking it too long. I have found that some rices need to be cooked for less time in the rice cooker than the directions say.

I could never make rice right before the rice cooker. We LOVE it!

Also, don't forget to turn the power down to 50% after the first cooking time. At least that is the directions I always follow. I think for white rice it is 5 minutes on 100% power, then 15 on 50% power for a cup of uncooked rice and 2 cups water.

pjpamchef said:
Love the rice cooker!! I purchased a 15lb bag of Basmati (sp?) rice from Sam's for less than $10, and make rice all the time! In fact my DD makes it as an after school snack (loaded with brown sugar of course!)

Is the brown sugar added afterward, or while cooking? How much brown sugar?

What are the benefits of using a rice cooker?

Rice cookers offer convenience and consistency when cooking rice. They also save time and energy compared to traditional stovetop methods. They can also be used to cook other grains and even steam vegetables.

What sets Pampered Chef rice cookers apart from others on the market?

Pampered Chef rice cookers are made with high-quality materials and innovative features. They have a unique design that allows for even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly cooked rice every time. They also have a non-stick inner pot for easy cleaning and a keep-warm function to keep rice hot until ready to serve.

Can I cook other types of rice besides white rice in a Pampered Chef rice cooker?

Yes, Pampered Chef rice cookers are versatile and can cook a variety of rice, including brown, basmati, jasmine, and wild rice. They also have settings for quinoa, oatmeal, and risotto.

Do Pampered Chef rice cookers come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including rice cookers, come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with your rice cooker, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

How do I clean my Pampered Chef rice cooker?

Cleaning your Pampered Chef rice cooker is easy. The non-stick inner pot can be removed and washed with warm soapy water. The exterior can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Make sure to unplug the rice cooker and let it cool down before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • EMarth123