• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot - Need Adobe Help - Not for Pampered Chef

to print in landscape (longways) or portrait mode (regular) and put in the size of the paper you are using.The kick is, you need to say what % you want it to print at. So printing at 100% won't work, because your paper is too small. Try printing it at 80% and it will reduce the image a bit.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know there are some computer whizs on here and I'm desperate for some help. We're in the process of beginning to build a new house and the architect has emailed us the floor plans - 6 different pages. First floor, second floor, 4 sides of house. DH went out and bought legal paper tonight to print them off but it isn't printing all of it. It states it's 17 x 11 and our paper is of course only 8.5 X 14 (legal). I've tried to size it to fit or to print half on one page, half on the other and don't know what the heck I'm doing. Is there anyway to do this that someone could explain to me? Or is there anyone that could resize it for me?

Help pretty, pretty please :(

I can do it at work tomorrow. I don't have adode here.

Oh Anne that would be AWESOME!!

So obviously it's more than just clicking something to 'size it' and then clicking print? I only have the Adobe Reader not the full program plus I"m a dunce :D

Reader should reduce it, but printing full size is always better, especially for architectural plans. If Anne can do it for you, that's terrific, but since she's in Joisey and you're in Canada, eh? maybe you can take the files to Office Cheapo or Max. Most of them have large format plotter/printers. Don't take it to FedUp/Kinky's because even with a discount, their rates for large scale printing are just nuts.I'm an old Autocad AND Adobe instructor but not Acrobat. Most of what I know about Acrobat I had to learn in self-defense!

Just bumping up hoping someone can help me today. I have NO idea how to do what KG mentioned - take it to a printing store. I tried to save it to a disc and it wouldn't work. Obviously incapable me. Can anyone tell me how to resize it or actually do it for me? Please...

I am sure that I could resize them in Photoshop, and save as pdf's...and then send them back to you for printing. Email me them and I will see what I can do.

Call your local Office Max, Office Depot, or anyone else that has a printshop. They will be able to accept the file via e-mail (I am assuming that is how it got to your system) and probably have it waiting for you when you get there.

Thanks KG....DUH..... NOW I understand :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the nearest one is an hour away and I'm home with my sick 9 yo DS and my 12 you DD who got a hockey puck in the mouth last night at the hockey game and has a huge fat lip and knocked out her permanent top front tooth....need more shows on my calendar now. They said at the dentist this morning that tomorrow's work will be about $800...and that's without having to get a crown. Just a root canal and rebuild what's left of the tooth. My poor DD hasn't even had a filling, only cleanings. What a horrible surprise she's in for tomorrow.

Thanks Jennifer! :D I'm soooo computer ILliterate. :rolleyes: :eek: I'll email you now.

You can print your item at a reduced percentage right from your personal computer without having to go to a copy shop. Go to the item you want to print, and select PAGE SETUP. (Or whatever is similar on your operating system.) You can stay whether you want it to print in landscape (longways) or portrait mode (regular) and put in the size of the paper you are using.The kick is, you need to say what % you want it to print at. So printing at 100% won't work, because your paper is too small. Try printing it at 80% and it will reduce the image a bit. I do this all the time at work.

Aww Jodi, I know what your DD is going through! In 6th grade I had a ski accident and knocked out my 2 front teeth.....2 root canals, a post & core in one and a bonding in the other.....

Jodi, I just opened them in Acrobat, and they fit perfectly on an 8.5 x 11 when scaled to printable area....letter size (in page setup/print dialog box)...automatically. You can't choose letter as your paper type in page setup, then choose scale to printable area in the print dialog box?

sailortena said:
You can print your item at a reduced percentage right from your personal computer without having to go to a copy shop.

Go to the item you want to print, and select PAGE SETUP. (Or whatever is similar on your operating system.) You can stay whether you want it to print in landscape (longways) or portrait mode (regular) and put in the size of the paper you are using.

The kick is, you need to say what % you want it to print at. So printing at 100% won't work, because your paper is too small. Try printing it at 80% and it will reduce the image a bit.

I do this all the time at work.

Thank you soooo much! I just got a PM from Jennifer saying the exact same thing. I didn't have an option scale to printable area but I did have one 'fit to printer margins' and IT WORKED!! As I told Jennifer YOU GALS ROCK!!

Thanks a bunch!

Hugs,
Jodi

Sorry! I just remembered to check this thread! Glad you were able to get some help!

1. What is Adobe and what does it do?

Adobe is a multinational computer software company that creates products for creative professionals, such as graphic designers, photographers, and videographers. Some of their most popular products include Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

2. How do I get help with Adobe products?

You can get help with Adobe products by visiting their official website and accessing their support page. They offer various resources, such as tutorials, forums, and a customer care team that can assist you with any issues or questions you may have.

3. What is the difference between Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite?

Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription-based service that gives you access to the latest versions of all Adobe creative software, while Adobe Creative Suite is a one-time purchase of a specific version of the software. Creative Cloud also offers additional features and services, such as cloud storage and collaboration tools.

4. How do I install Adobe software on my computer?

To install Adobe software on your computer, you will need to purchase a subscription or a license for the software. Once you have the necessary credentials, you can download and install the software from the Adobe website or through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

5. Is there a mobile version of Adobe software?

Yes, there are mobile versions of some Adobe software, such as Photoshop and Lightroom, that are available for download on iOS and Android devices. These versions may have limited features compared to the desktop versions, but they are still powerful tools for editing and creating on-the-go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • Melissa06
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies