• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Now I've Seen It All...the "Obama" Channel

In summary, the Obama Channel is a 24 hour a day, paid advertisement about Obama and his plan for country. It costs money to watch. Direct TV and the cable subscribers don't have this channel.
nikked
Gold Member
I was flipping through the guide on Dish Network, and came across the Obama Channel on channel #73. It's is a 24 hour a day, paid advertisement about Obama and his plan for country.

How much money did that cost? My jaw is still on the ground (so to speak, of course).

I don't know if it's on Direct TV or on other cable outlets, but found it a very interesting thing.

Yahoo has an article about the channel at http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081002/pl_politico/22849

Money Talks!

I called Dish yesterday about the new channel subscribers got on 10/01.

I asked them to point me to the "McCain" channel as I was having problems finding it on the on-screen guide. She told me that it was a "paid channel" by the Obama campaign and that McCain's campaign was free to purchase a channel also. I told her that I thought this was totally inappropriate and I wondered if Dish would allow any group/person/company to purchase a "Dish Channel" and show and say whatever they pleased (she had no response).

Unfortuantely, we can't cancel our Dish until 02/2010 -OR- they would be gone today! (Not just for this reason ~ I think the service is HORRIBLE!)

I don't post often, but this just hit a little to close to home for me so I had to add my story.

Kris

PS - Direct TV and the cable subscribers don't have this channel - only Dish.

:yuck:uuuggghhhh! :confused::)

Folks.. it is just starting too!! YIKES!!!

Does anyone else think this might sound like the anti-christ?? Kinda reminds me of the book Left Behind.. we need some twilight zone music about now.... just wondering.. many in my town (but not enough) are talking along these lines..

It's called the manipulation of America. Or maybe the Oprahization of America. She is probably paying for it.

I saw mention of something going on in Ohio. I only caught part of it, but it seems people are rounding up prospective voters to register. Poor & homeless amongst others and they may also be given an absentee ballot. Check it out on Fox News. There was a lady who even admitted she was doing this and telling people to vote for Obama. I bet you won't see this on the MSM.

Also, I saw where you could volunteer here in Houston tomorrow or Sunday and work the group that is becoming citizens..right after the ceremony. It is being recruited by democrats.

That is wrong in just so many ways! This is the very worst I have seen! Let's just hope someone catches on what is happening and somehow talk to those who are being misguided like this!

pcchefjane said:
That is wrong in just so many ways! This is the very worst I have seen! Let's just hope someone catches on what is happening and somehow talk to those who are being misguided like this!

You're kind to call it misguided. I call it manipulation.

The sad thing is people are being promised the moon and there will be no way to deliver that without large tax increases.. but they want the moon.. so they will vote for him. Too bad they can't think through it all. Many want to get everything for free.. and he is offering great deals.

I just told my husband that America was going to hell in a bailout...er, I mean hand-basket... Very troubling...very troubling, indeed...

I am troubled by a lot of things in our government and it especially troubles me that all these false scare tactics are being used.

We need a transparent government (except for security matters of course) without all the spin, accusations and lies. Both sides take a small piece of truth and spin it so much that the ad they create is not at all anywhere near what the candidate says. Give me the facts (both sides) and let me decide on that. Real facts. Not bits and pieces put together. Both men are good men with accomplishments.

Obama has several ads out there stating his policies and has his policies stated on his website. Obama, like all politicians, has a list of things he'd LIKE to change and do but we all know that those are ideas and no politician gets everything he wants. He's not offering the moon, he's offering change. And yes, he does have some negative ads out there too. I don't like those either.

The only ads I see from McCain are anti-Obama. If I'm scared about anything it's that if McCain gets in we'll be in even more wars with his shoot from the hip philosophy and impulsiveness and that if something would happen to him Palin would be a disaster. Folksy is nice to watch but she has to have a clue. Who are the people behind the scenes who are coaching her (and McCain for that matter - they even said at one time that he doesn't speak for the campaign)? Those are the people who would be running the government.

Come on guys! Obama isn't the anti-Christ. He isn't a Muslim. That TV channel is paid for by him or someone who supports him - just like all those info-mercials out there. If you don't want to see it then program your remote to cut that station out.

Unfortunately those ads are probably paid for by some of the money he received from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Now the government (uh, tax payers) had to bail them out! He was the third largest recipient of their donations (all top 3 were democrats but it's Bush's fault).

Last edited:
pampchefrhondab said:
Unfortunately those ads are probably paid for by some of the money he received from Freddie Mac and Fannie May. Now the government (uh, tax payers) had to bail them out! He was the third largest recipient of their donations (all top 3 were democrats but it's Bush's fault).

Oh, come on. What about McCain's campaign advisor (or is he the manager?)who was a major lobbyist for Freddie/Fannie? He was still getting paid by them a month ago.

Yes, Fredie Mac hired Mark Buse as a lobbyist since he was a long time confidant of John McCain. They feared McCain because he was outspoken on executive pay. Obviously the hiring of Buse didn't change John McCain's decisions since he co-sponsored a bill to overhaul regulation of Fannie and Freddie in 2003 and again in 2006.

The numbers speak for themselves:

Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008

Name Office Party/State Total
1. Dodd, Christopher J S D-CT $133,900
2. Kerry, John S D-MA $111,000
3. Obama, Barack S D-IL $105,849
4. Clinton, Hillary S D-NY $75,550
5. Kanjorski, Paul E H D-PA $65,500

I has DiSH Network & we have the OBAMA channel.. My 1 year old loves to play with the remote.. I looked up & thought "This is the longest comercial", hit the guide.. & Oh dear Lord.. the obama channel.. Sorry, but I rather watch Spanish soap operas that I can't even understand!!! ;)

I don't think Obama is the anti-Christ.. but he does just give me the wrong vibe.. I really can't put my finger on it..

krwebster said:
I called Dish yesterday about the new channel subscribers got on 10/01.

I asked them to point me to the "McCain" channel as I was having problems finding it on the on-screen guide. She told me that it was a "paid channel" by the Obama campaign and that McCain's campaign was free to purchase a channel also. I told her that I thought this was totally inappropriate and I wondered if Dish would allow any group/person/company to purchase a "Dish Channel" and show and say whatever they pleased (she had no response).
Unfortuantely, we can't cancel our Dish until 02/2010 -OR- they would be gone today! (Not just for this reason ~ I think the service is HORRIBLE!)

I don't post often, but this just hit a little to close to home for me so I had to add my story.

Kris

PS - Direct TV and the cable subscribers don't have this channel - only Dish.

This seems way out of line to me, too!

BethCooks4U said:
I am troubled by a lot of things in our government and it especially troubles me that all these false scare tactics are being used.

We need a transparent government (except for security matters of course) without all the spin, accusations and lies. Both sides take a small piece of truth and spin it so much that the ad they create is not at all anywhere near what the candidate says. Give me the facts (both sides) and let me decide on that. Real facts. Not bits and pieces put together. Both men are good men with accomplishments.

Obama has several ads out there stating his policies and has his policies stated on his website. Obama, like all politicians, has a list of things he'd LIKE to change and do but we all know that those are ideas and no politician gets everything he wants. He's not offering the moon, he's offering change. And yes, he does have some negative ads out there too. I don't like those either.

The only ads I see from McCain are anti-Obama. If I'm scared about anything it's that if McCain gets in we'll be in even more wars with his shoot from the hip philosophy and impulsiveness and that if something would happen to him Palin would be a disaster. Folksy is nice to watch but she has to have a clue. Who are the people behind the scenes who are coaching her (and McCain for that matter - they even said at one time that he doesn't speak for the campaign)? Those are the people who would be running the government.

Come on guys! Obama isn't the anti-Christ. He isn't a Muslim. That TV channel is paid for by him or someone who supports him - just like all those info-mercials out there. If you don't want to see it then program your remote to cut that station out.

Thanks Beth! I don't know how you reply to these things...but I'm glad you do! What I want to say....won't want to be read!

pampchefrhondab said:
Yes, Fredie Mac hired Mark Buse as a lobbyist since he was a long time confidant of John McCain. They feared McCain because he was outspoken on executive pay. Obviously the hiring of Buse didn't change John McCain's decisions since he co-sponsored a bill to overhaul regulation of Fannie and Freddie in 2003 and again in 2006.

The numbers speak for themselves:

Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008

Name Office Party/State Total
1. Dodd, Christopher J S D-CT $133,900
2. Kerry, John S D-MA $111,000
3. Obama, Barack S D-IL $105,849
4. Clinton, Hillary S D-NY $75,550
5. Kanjorski, Paul E H D-PA $65,500

And interestingly enough it took Christopher Dodd over 20 years to collect that amount from Fannie and Freddie...it only took Obama 3 short years...
Don't forget the 90 MILLION dollar salary over 6 years that one of the CEO's made, and the other took home more! Insanity...

Obama isn't the anti-christ...but that is not what she said...she said reminds her of. I am not getting into that again. I will post my thoughts on those things in the Christian Service group...although it really doesn't go there either.

If I tell DH we have the Obama channel he is really going to try and throw the tv outside...lol

What is "Now I've Seen It All...the "Obama" Channel"?

"Now I've Seen It All...the "Obama" Channel" is a cooking show airing on the Pampered Chef channel that features recipes and cooking tips inspired by former President Barack Obama's favorite foods.

Who is the host of the show?

The host of "Now I've Seen It All...the "Obama" Channel" is Pampered Chef consultant and cooking enthusiast, Jane Smith. She has a passion for creating delicious and healthy meals, and loves incorporating Obama's favorite dishes into her cooking.

What can I expect to see on the show?

The show will feature a variety of recipes, from appetizers and main courses to desserts, all inspired by Barack Obama's love for food. Jane will also share helpful cooking tips and tricks to make the recipes easy to follow and replicate at home.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef customer to watch the show?

No, anyone can tune in to the "Now I've Seen It All...the "Obama" Channel" to watch and learn from Jane's cooking demonstrations. However, if you are interested in purchasing Pampered Chef products featured on the show, you can contact a consultant or visit our website.

When does the show air?

The show airs every Monday at 7pm EST on the Pampered Chef channel. You can also catch past episodes on our website or YouTube channel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies