• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Healthy Recipes are Good for a New Year's Resolution Party?

In summary, the hostess is looking for healthy New Year's resolutions recipes. There are a few options, but the most healthy is the chicken your way. The side dish is sweet potatoes with sprinkles. Another option is fajitas. Lastly, the hostess suggests the strawberry spinach salad.
heidabear
I have a hostess who wants to have a New Year's Resolution Party in January. We're looking for healthy recipes. I've tried the Harvest Chicken Salad, but I'm not a huge fan of it. What other healthy options are there?

Does anyone have any good New Year's themed ideas?

You could try the Cheese burger Salad and use ground Turkey instead of ground beef.

Do the Incredible 30 minute chicken (you can do it with the skin off - works just as well) and Strawberry Spinach Salad (only at this time of the year, I like to use dried pineapple and dried cranberries or spinach in place of the strawberries).

The warm lemon pepper chicken salad is very fresh and not to bad on the calories per serving. I've made it several times with artichoke hearts that are quartered, but not marinated when cuts down on the oil. The dressing has olive oil which is healthier. That recipe is always a crowd pleaser.

thanks for posting.. i was thinking along the same lines as to what to make that is healthy-ish

I would suggest the Chicken Your Way. Use the square grill pan and let each guest choose a rub. Its very healthy and delicious!

StarrDove said:
I would suggest the Chicken Your Way. Use the square grill pan and let each guest choose a rub. Its very healthy and delicious!

As a side dish you can make the sweet potatoes-still higher in calories, but with a salad, makes a VERY healthy meal! I have them put some sprinkles on them (potatoes) and it makes them taste delicious with very few calories compared to "traditional" way of serving with all the sugar and butter.

White Chicken Chili or Strawberry Spinach Salad are my two choices for January hosts.

chefliz said:
As a side dish you can make the sweet potatoes-still higher in calories, but with a salad, makes a VERY healthy meal! I have them put some sprinkles on them (potatoes) and it makes them taste delicious with very few calories compared to "traditional" way of serving with all the sugar and butter.

What do you mean by "the" sweet potatoes? Is there a recipe you are referring to? I need light and healthy choices for a show in a few weeks. Thanks!

Can someone post the strawberry spinach salad recipe? It's in an older book that I don't have. Thanks!

What about fajitas? When I make them at home, I use Tumaro's Gourmet LoCarb wraps (or something like that) which are only 60 calories each - with light sour cream and minimal cheese, one fajita is less than 200 calories. Pretty phenomenal, and it's a meal that's nicely packed in protein, too!

WendyE said:
Can someone post the strawberry spinach salad recipe? It's in an older book that I don't have. Thanks!

Strawberry Spinach Salad
Strawberries, toasted almonds and a tangy dressing make this refreshing salad simply unforgettable.

Dressing: Salad:
1 lemon ¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
2 Tbsps white wine vinegar 8 ounces (1 ½ cups) strawberries, hulled & quartered
1/3 cup sugar ½ medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
1 Tbsp vegetable oil ¼ small red onion sliced into thin wedges
1 tsp poppy seeds 1 pkg (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure ½ tsp zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 Tbsps juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil, and poppy seeds in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover, refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350*F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 min or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.
Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Core & More; cut strawberries into quarters.
Score cucumber lengthwise using lemon zester/scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber, cut slices in half. Slice onion into thin wedges.
Place spinach into large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using Large Serving Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help!

1. What is a New Year's Resolution Party?

A New Year's Resolution Party is a gathering of friends and family to celebrate the start of a new year and make resolutions or goals for the upcoming year. It's a fun and positive way to kick off the new year and hold each other accountable for our goals.

2. How do I host a successful New Year's Resolution Party?

There are a few key elements to hosting a successful New Year's Resolution Party. First, make sure to plan ahead and invite your guests at least a few weeks in advance. Second, create a festive atmosphere with decorations and music. Third, provide healthy and tasty snacks and drinks. Lastly, encourage your guests to bring their own resolutions and make it a collaborative effort.

3. What are some fun activities for a New Year's Resolution Party?

Some fun activities for a New Year's Resolution Party include creating a vision board, setting group resolutions, playing games that incorporate goal-setting, and even a group workout or yoga session. The key is to make the activities engaging and focused on personal growth and improvement.

4. How can I stick to my New Year's resolutions after the party?

One great way to stick to your resolutions after the party is to create a support system with the other guests. You can all check in with each other regularly and provide encouragement and accountability. It's also helpful to break your resolutions into smaller, achievable goals and track your progress.

5. Can I still attend a New Year's Resolution Party if I don't have any resolutions?

Absolutely! A New Year's Resolution Party is a great opportunity to reflect on the past year and set new goals or intentions, but it's not mandatory. You can still attend and support your friends and family in their resolutions, or simply enjoy the celebration and positive energy of the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • HeatherStephani
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HeatherStephani
Replies
Views
sharalam