• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Products Needed: Email Erin at [email protected]

In summary, the conversation was about new products being released by Pampered Chef, including a new line of knives, revamped nylon tools, cutting boards with non-slip edges and measurement marks, redesigned Ultimate Mandolin, new design for some SA pieces, and eggplant-colored linens. The conversation also mentioned the June Cluster Challenge and the Sell-a-thon levels for consultants, with the top level receiving a variety of new products as rewards.
Our cluster earned it, only one in Barbara Duke's direct downline. It was hard, that is the hardest I have worked, if only I could work that hard every month!

In regards to the June Cluster challenge: Honestly, my exec does not think anyone earned it. It was one of the most difficult challenges I have seen in 8 years. The lack of succes is probably the reason it was not mentioned.

Oops! Sorry Amanda. I just noticed your cluster earned it. congratulations!!

Don't worry, I understand I received several dirty looks at conference when I mentioned we earned it. I understand, I worked my tail off, and if we wouldn't have made it I probably would still be po'd about it.

Evelynt said:
In regards to the June Cluster challenge: Honestly, my exec does not think anyone earned it. It was one of the most difficult challenges I have seen in 8 years. The lack of succes is probably the reason it was not mentioned.

It was mentioned at the upper level director's lunch (Wave 2). Seems that they have been doing this type of challenge in UK and Cananda with great success. Not so in the US! Mainly the clusters that earned it were the smaller ones where the director and one or two of her top sellers could do 6-8 shows and meet the cluster numbers needed.

Overall company sales were up 12% for the month of June so it did accomplish one thing....people were selling.

As with any new challenge/incentive, it can be a hit or miss....this was a big miss and I'm sure the home office will take that into consideration in the future.

It stinks to work hard and not receive the incentive but try to focus on the positive....a bigger paycheck in July for your hard work in June. :)

Our cluster made it - though apparently only 2 clusters in our Executive's downline got it! I can't wait to get my knife!! :)

My director said the same thing about it being successful in Canada and the UK. She also said they didn't mention the HWC total either like they normally do. I guess they ended up donating extra to the ACS and donating retired products to them as well. She said they are seriously rethinking how to do HWC next year.

Our cluster made it, but I have not heard of many others who did.

My cluster and another cluster that meets with us earned it. My cluster had to get 20 shows and my director did 10, I did 3, and a few others did two. The other cluster only had to do 12 shows. It was really very stressful, as you didn't want to let down your team. I hope they don't do anymore.

Our cluster needed 46 shows and we missed it by 3. Unfortunately, my Director's first line is dominated by hobbiest who only do a show every other month. There are only 4-6 really active consultant's plus my Director. My Director did 10 shows, one of my "sisters" did 6 - I was barely able to squeak out my required two - I was begging for orders - I started out expecting 6 shows in June and only one of those held and I threw a catalog show together last minute to make the second show. And then we didn't know for days if we had made it or not since everyone was submitting at the last minute!!! Too much stress on the job that's not supposed to be stressful!

Cluster ChallengeOur cluster didn't make it...we actually only missed it by $14.00! We had 12 shows to do, but 2 of the girls included were inactive in May; another is going inactive, so she didn't do any; another has a family medical issue, so only got 1 in. So, that took care of 1; another did 3; I did the other 8. The last night when I went to submit, the sales were at $230ish, I ended up bumping it up a bit to get it over $250, when I decided I'd better check the flyer & noticed the challenge was Guest Sales, not Comms, like all the other challenge are based on. So, I bumped that over $250 & submitted. But, 1 of the other girl's 3 shows was only $236 guest sales, so we missed it by that amount. I was very disappointed, as I worked my tail off for it.

But, as I said to her, I knew we had a BIG challenge ahead of us, due to the group challenges going on (she & I and the other will be phasing into another Cluster as our Director will be moving on...August 1st), and at times I thought we were crazy working so hard for an item we could potentially buy for $35 next month with the samples!! But, it also put me in the highest comms bracket, I had a pers best, and earned Level II of the Sell-a-thon. So, that part made it worth it. Now, if only my July were so good!! Guess it's time to get on the phone & make something of August!!

I made the same comment to my director. Why are we busting our butts for a $70 product? One girl in our cluster spent a good amount of her own money, I was going to split a show to make it, but then decided it wasn't worth it.

Our cluster did make it after all, but the things you will do when they dangle a carrot in front of you!

Hwc
janel kelly said:
My director said the same thing about it being successful in Canada and the UK. She also said they didn't mention the HWC total either like they normally do. I guess they ended up donating extra to the ACS and donating retired products to them as well. She said they are seriously rethinking how to do HWC next year.

During Wave 2, they did mention HWC was not near as successful as last years, but did not mention specific numbers. They said that they would be working with ACS over the next year to revamp the program.

Personally, I think the drop in sales had much more to do with the products they offered than with the program itself. I love the HWC program!

jjglines said:
...and at times I thought we were crazy working so hard for an item we could potentially buy for $35 next month with the samples!!

The Challenge specifically stated that this item would NOT be available as a sample order at 1/2 off. The only way to get it for half off would be to host a show of your own beginning of September, or wait to October to get it at 60%.

They did say during one workshop I took on making the most of promotions that they are making the challenge knife (and ONLY the challenge knife) available on Personal Orders beginning August 1. All other new and revamped products cannot be ordered as a Personal Order until September 1.

This is HO's solution to the overall failure of the challenge. They WILL NOT be sending the knife to those of us who did two shows. The post card was our consolation prize, and being able to purchase the knife early is their way of making it up to us.

During the workshop, the HO rep did say that these challenges have been very successful overseas. So much so that the consultants over there ask for them. Different mentality regarding "team work" over there. They do have a committee of Consultants that they survey regarding promotions, so they don't go into these totally blind. This one just really missed the mark.

If a "team challenge" is attempted again, it will be revamped. It will not be done the same way. They haven't totally nixed the idea. Just don't when, where, how or if at this point.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble:p ...I did feel better after the workshop. I understood more why it was done, which for me is important.

My question...and where can I find the answer is: They show the new Bamboo Cheese Board with the cheese plane and the cheese knife, yet these two products are listed as discontinued. Are they?

The Cheese Knife and Cheese Plane are still in the product line. They are now called the Cheese Bistro Set and sell for $29 for both pieces.
HTH
Tracy

Thank you Tracy. I was sure PC couldn't have made that kind of mistake. Is it the same with the stainless fork and spoon?

You are so welcome! Unfortunetly, the stainless fork and spoon have been discontinued and are not available in a set in the new catalog.

Tracy

The bistro set was already in the catalog. They only discontinued the ones that were available separately.

Kind of like the nylon tools. They will not be available separately anymore but they have been put into sets that can still be purchased.

i did 7 shows and have not even recieved a card as consulation to me!! ha!

view the sample packages on CC now!!!they are in there now!!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• csnteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • jody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jody
  • Dina Atnip