• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hosting a PC Party Right After a Funeral Appropriate?

In summary, the host initially considered cancelling the show due to the passing of a friend, but after some discussion, it has been decided to continue with the show. The host and guests are all familiar with products from previous parties, so the consultant is looking for new and exciting demos to keep their attention. However, with some products unavailable, the consultant is unsure how to entertain the guests and make sales. One suggestion is to have guests share positive memories of their friend to help them relax.
ChefPaulaB
Not sure which thread this should be under... I have a show this Thursday, the host emailed me Sunday night that she might have to cancel because she had a friend pass away over the weekend and the showing might be on Thursday and all of her guests will be there too. I of course, say no problem, we can reschedule. We have talked back and forth since and the funeral stuff doesn't start until Friday (the friend drowned in Mexico), so she has finally decided after much debate to go ahead with the show on Thursday. I am going to make the Spinach Cabonara Pizza ahead of time so it's ready when they arrive and we are doing a micro-cake. Then I was just going to demo the good stuff. All of her friends and herself have all been to a lot of PC parties, so I want something new and exciting and something that'll take their minds off their friend and the funeral. It's going to be so awkward and I'm afraid that it's going to be hard to keep their attention because they'll be talking about it. Any thoughts on how to handle this? I was going to do the salsa demo but I had send my salad choppers in for a new set and they aren't here yet and it doesn't look like they are even close to being shipped out. HELP! How do you entertain a bunch of ladies that are sad about suddenly losing a good friend and that know all of the regular PC stuff? I am so nervous about this show. And it was supposed to be one of my big ones this month, I was counting on it for commission and SAT... :eek: I almost wish that she would've post-poned it.

Have they seen the 30 minute chicken yet? That would amaze me, wait it did, and now I can't wait to get mine!!!

I have no other ideas, I'm still new and everything wows me!

I don't know if they have, but she is stuck on the Spinach Cabonara Pizza and I'm not willing to donate a chicken, plus we're doing the microwave cake that will take up the microwave during the show... but it is a good idea if the circumstances were different.... thank you!

Just a thought...I would have everyone go around the room and say what they liked most about their friend that they lost. It may open up the floodgates, but sometimes that is good for getting people to relax. I am always nervous at funerals/wakes, mostly because I am unsure what to say. I'm not really sure what to tell you as far as a selling point..:eek:

Dear host,I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. My condolences to you and all of the guests who will be attending the show. I completely understand if you need to cancel or reschedule, but I also understand the need for some normalcy during such a difficult time. I am here for you and will do my best to make the show enjoyable for everyone.In terms of the menu, I think the Spinach Carbonara Pizza and micro-cake are great choices. I would also suggest adding in some appetizers, such as the Quick & Easy Guacamole or the Spinach & Artichoke Dip. These are easy and delicious options that can help break the ice and bring some joy to the gathering.As for the demonstration, I would suggest trying something new and different, like the Veggie Spiral Dippers or the Mini Deep Dish Pizzas. These are fun and interactive recipes that might help distract from the sadness and create a more lighthearted atmosphere.I completely understand your concerns about keeping everyone's attention, but please know that I am here to support you and help in any way I can. Let's focus on enjoying the show and making the most of this difficult situation.Sincerely,[Your name]

1. What is included in the "New & Exciting PC Party for a Funeral Gathering" package?

The "New & Exciting PC Party for a Funeral Gathering" package includes a variety of items such as the Spinach Cabonara Pizza, a selection of appetizers and desserts, and a selection of PC kitchen tools and gadgets to use during the party.

2. Is the Spinach Cabonara Pizza suitable for a funeral gathering?

Yes, the Spinach Cabonara Pizza is a versatile and comforting dish that is suitable for a funeral gathering. It can be easily customized to accommodate different dietary restrictions and preferences.

3. Can I host the PC party at the funeral home?

Yes, our PC consultants are able to host the party at any location that is convenient for you, including funeral homes. We can also provide all the necessary equipment and supplies for the party.

4. Is the "New & Exciting PC Party for a Funeral Gathering" available for delivery?

Yes, our PC consultants are able to deliver the party package to your desired location. We also offer setup and cleanup services for an additional fee.

5. Can I customize the menu for the PC party?

Yes, our PC consultants are happy to work with you to create a customized menu that suits your needs and preferences for the funeral gathering. We can also accommodate any special requests or dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies